[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What has been your experience with carb refeeds, /fit/? Effective
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 500x375
What has been your experience with carb refeeds, /fit/?

Effective weight loss strategy or meme?
>>
>>37289639

>posting frogs
>expecting serious answers

fuck off robot fatty.
>>
File: image.jpg (177 KB, 701x1072) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177 KB, 701x1072
>>37289646
Nope.
>>
They def worked well when i was 10%~ or so BF.

Now that I am 20% they just seem to stall my fatloss.

I think refeeds are meant only when you're actually lean.
>>
>>37290123
I am pic related above you. Is this lean enough to justify a refeed? I estimate 13-15% bf but weight loss is stalling.
>>
>>37289639
I you're starting to feel very lethargic and low in energy, moody and losing strength, and lean into your cut, then they're great.

I did once last week for the first time and not only did I not gain any water weight, I lost more weight that week. Just don't let it turn into a binge day which is easy to do after so long of cutting.
>>
How much calories on a carb refeed? Maintenance or over?
>>
>>37290162
Thanks anon, did you eat at maintenance or slightly over?
>>
>>37290145
Yes.

Just don't over do it. They're not magic. Also you actually need to be pretty depleted for them to work well.

They work best with high protein/low calorie style dieting. For example eat 200g protein within 1,500 calories or so, and do high volume training and cardio. Then after 3-4 days take in a ton of carbs, like 500-1000g. Repeat the process over and over.
>>
>>37290192
Thanks for the input, anon.

In this case a refeed may not be for me as I train fairly low volume.

Still, I'd like to try it and see the results for myself. One refeed shouldn't set my fat loss back too much.
>>
>>37290173
First time, just at maintenance. Today was the second, about 300-400 over maint. Will see how body reacts.

The more depleted you are, the higher carb/calorie you can go.
>>
>>37290238
I definitely feel depleted. Lifts are weaker, very low energy, irritable. Perhaps this will work for me, I plan to eat 300kcal over maintenance from carbs.

Hope yours works well, Godspeed, anon.
>>
Carb refeeds are memes just like any other diet, it all comes down to calories in<out.
>>
>>37290611
The only meme is IIFYM
>>
>>37290089
You have already made it. Just bang sloots and enjoy.
>>
>>37291055
Thanks anon, but sadly my body doesn't compensate for my crippling autism. Not banging any sloots, just trying to progress.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.