[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is overtraining a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 443x332
Is overtraining a meme?
>>
>>37283172
lift until you die
>>
File: image.png (178 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
178 KB, 800x500
>>37283172
No
>>
the idea that training more is supposed to make muscles bigger is a meme and means you don't understand physiology at all
>>
>>37283172
N O

You fucking with the muscles
>>
long as you are letting muscles rest 48 hours between sessions there is no over training. there is only not getting enough food and sleep.
>>
>>37284508
BS
Nobody understands overtraining until they've done it themselves
>>
>>37283172
Is rhabdo a meme?

Theres your answer.
>>
>>37284508
This is wrong.
>>
>>37284508
No because you can still cause imbalances by training some muscles overwhelmingly more than others. That still counts as overtraining
>>
>>37283172
Don't listen to these DYELs, keep lifting hard op.
>>
Okay as someone who believes that they have dabbled into overtraining I'll try to explain my experience.
I was doing very physical labor (bathroom and kitchen remodeling) 4 days a week, while doing a full body 5x5 three days a week. (on my days off, after class) I was also taking a circuitry cardio/weights class on Monday/Wednesday.
I did this for about a full semester, now I'm done and I switched to a better paying, less physical job. I built up an incredible endurance during that time and got really stronk but my knees ache and my back would flare up from pinched nerves all the time + constant lower back doms. I didn't always feel that I was always giving my body the optimum amount of rest because of my job.
Everyone says I'm swoll af and I just tell them compound movements + construction.
If I could have done it again I would have switched to 5/3/1 earlier, instead of running a high volume routine while doing construction.
I know.. It was my own dumbass fault.
>>
>>37285047
I have. Only time i got burnt out was when i had a crazy schedule and hardly ate. Long as i ate and slept i was good and hardly stalled
>>37285409
Nice argument

>>37285409
Wat
>>
What exactly is overtraining and what does it feel like?
>>
File: 1460816789479.png (198 KB, 384x684) Image search: [Google]
1460816789479.png
198 KB, 384x684
>>37283172
>a cripple is literally the Lucasian professor of mathematics at Cambridge
>>
>>37285993
>What exactly is overtraining and what does it feel like?
Over training is best described as under recovering. You don't allow yourself to recover adequately between workouts and the cumulative damage hits you like a brick wall.

As a beginner, you really aren't lifting that much weight and you can adequately recover session to session. As an intermediate, you just need to schedule a deload week or cycle every 4-6 weeks and you should be fine.

The most obvious symptoms I've observed is a massive drop in strength and an increased tendency to add fat (event when no diet parameters are changed). It also is a bit of a nightmare to recover from, hence why you work to prevent it.
>>
>>37285993
Literally when training>recovery.
>>
yes, pplpplx is overtraining, waste of time
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.