[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sumo DL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
Just joined a new gym where people actually deadlift.

Every last one of them takes the sumo stance. Wide legs, arms on the inside. I've only seen 1 out of like 20 who would benefit from it, none of their body mechanics call for it.

Is this a new fad, or just my gym? Are they doing it because they can lift more?
>>
>>37281530
They've probably gotten hurt before and don't want to get hurt again. Sumo is a lot easier on the back than conventional.
>>
>>37281530
Tight hamstrings
>>
why isn't the sumo stance considered the norm?

if you go to lift a heavy object, you will always take the sumo stance.
>>
>>37281562
Because Daddy Rippetoe doesn't tell you to sumo.
>>
There is only one person in my gym who sumo deadlifts is a shit skin pradeep woman. She walks around like she is hot shit after she just sumo dead lifted 20lbs.
>>
I'm tall with long arms so I'd benefit from a conventional deadlift but I've switched to sumo after getting recurring back pain after dling baby weight (3pl8s)
Sumo has been easier on my back and I've always struggled to maintain perfect form conventionally, while sumo my form is great
>>
Does sumo still have the bar scraping up your shins?
>>
>>37281562
>why isn't the sumo stance considered the norm?
the point of sumo is to shorten the ROM and give you a more vertical back angle. it's good for getting higher numbers in competition for some people, but sumo is always worse than conventional if you use the exercise to get strong. only competitive powerlifters should consider sumo
>>
>>37281937
In my case, yes. Since I started wearing pants it hasn't been a problem though.
>>
Sumo is basically just cheating to boost your ego with a higher number.
>>
>>37284062
Lol so when you go to pick something up outside the gym you put your knees against it before trying to pick it up? Sumo is the best way to pick anything up inside and outside the gym.
>>
>>37281530

BRAHS

I tried sumo deadlifts for the fist time but properly. My stance was not as wide as I have seen some people do mainly because i was paranoid of the weight falling on my foot even though it is mathematically impossible

BUT damn, they felt so much better than conventional deadlifts. more natural. and less pressure on my lower back..more on my glutes/hams

Im a 5'8 manlet
>>
>>37284266
Motherfucker, have you ever lifted a car to move it?

https://youtu.be/7hnPwR3QcCU
>>
>>37281623

Lol you are crazy dude
>>
>>37284308

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUgwqAemLQk

matt ogus demonstrates them will
>>
>>37281910
You don't necessarily benefit from one more over the other with long arms

>>37281937
Yeah but more the insides and not the front

>>37281994
False. Sumo can make you strong and there's very little difference between the effect of the two on the body

>>37284062
You're retarded
>>
>>37284266
It's the best way to pick something up outside of the gym because you are cheating, thus making it easier.

Regular deadlift is better in the gym for actually getting stronger.
>>
>>37281937
on the inside of your shins
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.