[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
at what point does it become unsafe to squat and deadlift without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: index.jpg (4 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4 KB, 225x225
at what point does it become unsafe to squat and deadlift without a belt?
>>
50kg
>>
depends on your body
>>
Depends on you.
>>
>>37279932
>>37280035
do you think you could explain a bit instead of posting this useless shite
>>
never will it be "unsafe"

belts dont make it safer to lift more weight

they make it so you CAN lift more weight by giving your abdominal something to press against and increase pressure

you can deadlift without a belt all day long

you just wont be able to lift as heavy
>>
>>37279932
>>37280035
>>37280035
how would one know?
>>
>>37280050

Use one when you feel comfortabl. Sorry that I have to spell it out for you, you stupid faggot.
>>
>>37280101
when i feel comfortable? wtf does that mean? wear one in bed? i hate you so much
>>
>>37280109
>>37280101
>>37279903
>>37279932
>>37280035
>>37280050
can you faggots stop giving out bro advice

you dont need a belt if you dont want a fucking belt

if you have one but it on at at least 70% of your 1rm and if your form and abdominal pressure is giving way early use it earlier
>>
My decision to start using a belt came when I was starting to have a lot of trouble with my linear progression. So about at the level of 'intermediate' on squats.

The sensation I felt was as follows. I inhale deeply, then exhale all the way and set my pelvis/ribcage in parallel. Then I forcefully exhale the rest of my breath in quick bursts, like 'tch, tch, tch.' Then I flex my abdominals and make sure to belly breathe during my setup. I found that, around 300 pounds, I would lose the flex of my abs in the hole. I got a belt and now I don't lose it in the hole.

Hope this helps.
>>
>>37279892
If you have a strong core and can contract and maintain your spine in a neutral position during heavy ass squats then a belt is not needed and people have squatted heavy without it.

If however during your maxes your back is starting to fold then you might want to try a belt.

The reason why >>37279932
>>37280035 said what they said is because it really depends on the person just like mixed or hook grip can be utilized depending on the person (e.g friend that can't double overhand more than 100 kg meanwhile I can do up to 150 kg before going to mixed)
>>
>>37279892
The point you're trying to lift more then you can handle and fuck up your form.

Just lift what you can, and don't go stupidly over and you'll never have to use one.. I know people squating 200kg+ at 75kg with no need for a belt because they train properly and have great form.
>>
>>37279892

What a belt does is that it can help you increase your intraabdominal pressure, which leads to more stability. When the nervous system senses it's more stable, it "unlocks" more strength.
So it's not that you need a belt when you lift heavier weights. It's more that using a belt enables you to lift heavier weights. Regardless of whether you're using a belt or not, the lift becomes unsafe the moment you attempt to lift something that's way too heavy for you to lift - If you do that and try to just muscle the weight up, you can be sure something's going to give, belt or no belt.
>>
>>37279892
>squatting in 2016
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.