[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
dumbell or barbell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: dumbbell-barbell.jpg (40 KB, 465x333) Image search: [Google]
dumbbell-barbell.jpg
40 KB, 465x333
Guys..
I can only afford just one of these
>dumbell or barbell
to start building musculature, can you give me your opinion? gym isn't an option because there is no gym near my house and i don't have enough time to travel to one, please.
>>
I mean... Until you have enough money for a rack and a bench a barbell is fairly useless on its own...You'll be able to do deadlifts and powercleans, some bicep work. But you'll be limited on squat because you'll have to clean it onto your back and you really do need a bench of some sort for bench press.

I'd invest in a small set of dumbbells and save up to get a power rack, barbell, and bench. Should be able to find it for 500 bucks or so on craigslist.
>>
>>37275428
Is this a pasta thread, I feel like I seen it yesterday.

I started and am still with just dumbbells. Dumbbells, pull up bar, treadmill.

I'm on the scooby dumbbell home gym routine.

I started as a super skelly so I started with the lowest dumbbells and bought the next weight up as I needed it.
>>
>>37275468
No.. this isn't a pasta thread, i really need your opinions
>>
>>37275468
>>37275453
So.. should i buy dumbbell?
>>
Barbell all the way. Duh.
>>
>>37275546
yes, until you can buy a rack or squat stands
>>
You can do a lot of things with barbells but.. dumbbells can do the same and more
>>
>>37275546
No, get a barbell. It's much more versatile and you can do much more than just deadlifting and cleans.
>>
>>37275570

this
>>37275566
>>
>>37275581
You can do more isolation with dumbells but for compounds barbells are objectively superior
>>
Barbell. You can do all compounds with it. Even without a rack.
>>
>>37275546
If you're a beginner you should start with dumbbells
You can't kill yourself with dumbbells
You'll move on to barbells when you stall
>>
>>37275625
This. Compounds are the most important as it uses many more muscles, so you'll be building more strength.
>>
>>37275428
give the the spark notes version.
dumbbell for tone
barbell for mass
>>
>>37275663
>tone
>>
>>37275663
is this bait?
>>
So.. What should I buy??? Im more confused now
>>
>>37275428
Barbells hurt my left forearm's tendon while curling
>>
>>37275453
And what more can you do with dumbells compared to barbell without a bench? Lat raises? You're a dumbass.
>>
>>37275428
barbell
>>
>>37275756
so don't curl.
row. vary hand grip. vary angle.
pull up. chin up. different grips.

only time you should curl a bb is when they don't make dbs heavy enough.
and guess what. they do make dbs heavy enough.
>>
>>37275428
You're gonna buy a barbell 6 months time anyway, if you're actually exercising and dieting right. If you think you won't keep up, or if you think it's worth investing in dumbbells for 6 months only, then go for it.
(this is all assuming you are a beginner)
>>
>>37275428
If ur a noob go for dumbell
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.