[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Broscience thread I believe: >you must eat protein every 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: BroScience4.jpg (62 KB, 511x512) Image search: [Google]
BroScience4.jpg
62 KB, 511x512
Broscience thread
I believe:
>you must eat protein every 4 hours to keep MPS elevated, but not more often as there is a refractory period
>more than 30g protein in a meal = extra calories, no extra MPS
>you should eat a casein rich food source before sleep and a fast digesting protein immediately after waking
>low reps for strength, high for size
>200 calories of white sugar is completely different to 200 calories of nuts

I don't believe:
>calories before bed make you fat
>fat makes you fat
>cardio makes you thij
>>
>>37272341
>you must eat protein every 4 hours to keep MPS elevated, but not more often as there is a refractory period

So your saying given an entire day you can only possibly metabolise 180g protein?
>>
>>37272341
is this photoshopped? I remember Dom looking way better than that.
>>
>>37272375
Yes.
>>
>>37272376
Might be an early picture of him, or an imitator. His chest, traps, and arms are definitely bigger than that now at any rate.
>>
It takes hours to digest a meal
>>
you got to spin the weights cus gravity
>>
>>37272341

Is there a reason you believe this shit? Because its all just a bunch of bullshit.
>>
>fat makes you fat

then why is it recommended to limit dietary fat intake when you drink alcohol? isn't dietary fat more easily pulled into fat cells?
>>
>>37273473
Yeah, but the fat you gain has to come from somewhere, and if you don't eat that minimum level you die
>>
File: clickclickclick.jpg (175 KB, 683x797) Image search: [Google]
clickclickclick.jpg
175 KB, 683x797
>>37272341
Cardio makes you thij.

I Fucking swear why do idiots come to this board EVERY FUCKING DAY and argue with me about whether or not cardio makes you thij, and this FUCKING HOMOSEXUAL COMES ALONG AND SPOUTS THIS GARBAGE???

I'm done.
>>
>>37272376
It's an older photo.
>>
>>37274034
Como se dice "thij" en Inglés?
>>
>>37272341
What you should believe:

>Strenght on compounds is everything
>Counting macros is overrated
>>
>>37273451
Do some research, the first three have studies behind them
>>
>>37274935

>says the natty fatty do you even liftie
>>
>>37272391
The human body can process around 28g of protein an hour though, what got you into thinking otherwise?
>>
>>37272341
training mask
bro science at its finest
>>
>>37276411
It can process much more than that, however 30g or so will be used to build muscle. The rest is oxidized
>>
>>37272341
>you should eat a casein rich food source before sleep and a fast digesting protein immediately after waking
Literally all three of those are myths perpetuated by the supplement industry so people use them up faster.
>low reps for strength, high for size
Getting mixed information everytime I try to get any concrete evidence for either. Fact of the matter is: small muscles can't be strong, big muscles can't be weak. I've got 5 rep excersises and 8-12 rep excersises for pretty much every muscle on my upper body.
>200 calories of white sugar is completely different to 200 calories of nuts
Yeah, logically. 200 calories sugar is just 50g sugar and 200 calories peanuts for example is 17.3g fat, 5.6g carbs and 9.2g of protein. It's completely different fomr a nutrient point of view. But both 200 calroies will sustain your body with energy for the same amount of time.
>>
>>37276594
>>37273451
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19699838
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 453x324) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 453x324
>>37276439
Nani?!
>>
>>37272341
Maybe someone smarter than me can clear this up for me.

I believe:
>reguarly scheduling in cheat days(1x per week) is important physically because if you go on a cut for too long your body will adjust to the new intake and burn less calories with the same routines
>>
The broscience behind multiple meals isn't exactly wrong.

5 servings spread out during the day consisting of 40g protein each, will actually create slightly better gains compared to 2 serves of 100g servers of protein.

Slightly better meaning the body will use the macro-nutrients about 1-5% more efficiently...nothing huge, but it can add upto a pound or two extra LBM over a few years.
>>
>>37276832
I'm not really sure what they were trying to compare. They just proved that the rate of protein absobtion cannot be changed by higher protein injestion. I'm pretty sure you'd have the same rate of obsorption even if you just ate 10g of protein. There is nothing that suggests that the 60g of additional protein were not absorbed given a longer time frame.
>>
>>37276864
It's not wrong necessarily, but the difference is so minimal while the people who advocate it pretend like it's the only way to make gains. The difference is a rounding error.
>>
>>37276864
Everytime you hear something about bodybuilding and you're not sure if it's broscience or not think about whether it would've been an evolutionary advantage or not for your body to work that way.
>>
>>37273473
Alcohol is processed in the liver by the same enzymes that process fat.
If you drink to excess you struggle to metabolise the fat and it is instead deposited, leading to a 'fatty' liver
>>
>>37277205
every time you think about whether it would've been an evolutionary advantage or not for your body to work that way, think about if it is even an evolutionary advantage to maintain large amounts of muscle mass
>>
>>37272376
He started out 3 years ago, made some decent gains since.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXO2azb3_PE
>>
>>37272341

so you're a fucking retard?
>>
>>37278167
see
>>37276832
>>
>>37272341

Cardio made me thij anon and you can't prove otherwise
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.