[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about your backday. Today I'm doing: weighted neutral
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: tom-hardy-in-warrior.jpg (38 KB, 639x481) Image search: [Google]
tom-hardy-in-warrior.jpg
38 KB, 639x481
Tell me about your backday.

Today I'm doing: weighted neutral grip pullups, one arm rows, tbar, face pulls and shrugs.
>>
File: 146394148967479.png (603 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
146394148967479.png
603 KB, 640x426
Kinda related, my back gives me light pain in the areas I circled, what might this be due to? It is a pain I used to get like once a year for a day or two but since I started lifting it has been appearing more often. Is it an inflammation?
>>
>>37267532
Could be. Does it hurt bad after deadlfting?
>>
>>37267532
Could be muscle pain due to posture or just funky deadlift/squat form.

Could also be kidney issues. Too much blood being squeezed through your kidneys feels like a dull ache. Easily mistakable for muscle strain/mild DOMS if you haven't had DOMS for a while.
>>
>>37267593
>fit
indeed deadlifting is the major problem for it, followed by back squats

it's not the spine I think, it's like on the side of it
>>
>>37267448
Shrugs
Pendlay rows
Deadlifts
>>
>>37267448
deadlift, dumbbell row, pulldown, pull up and face pull are the only back exercises i do, and i got (relative to the rest of my body) very good traps. i think shrugs are useless.
>>
>>37267448
Deadlifts and neutral grip pull-ups are all I do.
>>
>having a back day

kek

But the exercises I do are,

Pendlay rows
pull ups
deadlifts
good mornings
OHP
>>
>>37267448
Usually worked in with chest or shoulders.
3x10 wide grip pullups
5x5 pendlay row
5 sets to fail of shrugs
and deadlift too
I usually also go home and practice archery for a few hours too, its a great endurance training for your traps and delts. You can manipulate your draw to work certain groups as well.
>>
>>37267532
Are your hamstrings tight?
>>
>>37268040
This, I had a similar problem a few months ago and it turned out to be hamstrings
>>
>>37267962
archery and baseball scare me
pic related
>>
>>37268306
>archery
Just alternate sides
>baseball
I'll take the imbalances if it means I'm making pro athlete money
>>
>>37268481
but wouldnt you suck at firing with your non-dominant side. also baseball can rape the shit out your shoulders and knees at a hs level
>>
>>37268518
I'm not american so I've never played baseball, but this was always weird to me. Why do people get such fucked up injuries playing baseball? Football and basketball I can understand, but baseball isn't much of a contact sport
>>
File: 1463877618367.gif (2 MB, 540x603) Image search: [Google]
1463877618367.gif
2 MB, 540x603
>>37268546
well the pitchers are throwing balls at like 80 mph hundreds of times a day. Catchers on the other hand are squatting so fucking much prolly like 20 hrs a week. reminds me of crossfit with their ridiculous volume
>>
>>37268306
>>37268518
I'm an Ambidextrous shooter. I inherited a left hand bow from my dad, and a right from my uncle. tuned them up so they weigh the same and make sure to take an even number of shots with both. Definitely a problem for some people, for sure, but not me.
blessedbyrobinhood.png
>>
>>37267532
>>37267618
are you taking too much creatine? you could have kidney damage. If using, discontinue for two weeks and see if aches disappear.
>>
Paused Pull ups 6x2-3
Underhand Machine Rows 3x8-12
Cable Row 3x8-12
DB Row 2x12-15
Pull downs 2x12-15

The pumps are ridiculous desu, my other day o work back I do

Heavy db row 3x3-5
Pull ups 2x6-10
Chin Ups 2x6-10
DB Pullovers 1x12-20
>>
does anyone else do inverted rows? great for rear delts too
>>
should i take a break from weighted chinups? im trying to bulk and starting to get elbow tendonitis. what is the best type of row cable or dumbell?
>>
>>37267448
WARM UP
>rowing machine 5 mins (low intensity)
EXERCISES
>1 set of dead lifts (hypertrophy rep range)
>pull ups until failure
>negative pull ups
>cross trainer 5 minutes (low intensity)
>rear deltoid raises (hypertrophy rep range)
>straight arm lat pulldowns (hypertrophy rep range)
>face pulls (endurance rep range)
>bicep curl 21's on a preacher
>farmer's walks until failure (3 sets)
COOL DOWN
>stretches
>rowing/cross trainer 5 minutes (low intensity)
>>
>>37269888
ask me how I know you're puny
>>
File: download (1).jpg (3 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
3 KB, 225x224
>>37269900
how do u know hes a tiny teen?
>>
>>37269900
I'm probably bigger than you and have been lifting for years, I also don't waste time doing multiple sets because its factual that one set struggling to hit 12 reps is better than doing 3 sets and struggling on the last one.
But go on, I'm sure you and your knowledge from shit posting and memes has a brilliant explanation.
>>
>>37269972
>1 set if better than 3
>'factual'
>>
>>37270034
1 set is better for strength and hypertrophy training.
Unless you do cardio (endurance) lifting, in which case you can do as many sets as you like.
>>
>>37267742
you fool, add a horizontal row like a bb row or a db row or a cable row or anything row, its for the thickness of ur back senpai, believe in me
>>
Relevant question:

Due to a knee injury (meniscus) I don't know if I can do deadlifts for a while (not risking it, my job requires running).

What are the best non-deadlift exercises for joocy traps and erectors? I know "shrugs" and "back extensions" but what kind of volume? Are there secrets to getting more out of them? Thanks
>>
>>37270101
I like to do Hex Bar shrugs for traps and 'Good Mornings' or a roman chair for erectors. The Hex bar makes it easy on the hands and you get a good full range of motion on the movement.
Sets for shrugs are
3x12 @ 315lbs
2x8-10 @ 405lbs

Good Mornings are
3x10 @ 135lbs
>>
rack pulls 5x10
underhand pulldown 10x10
yates row 10x10
maybe shrugs 5+ x10, depends on the day.
>>
>>37270051
(You)
>>
>>37268518
Can confirm that, despite years of PT I still get shooting pains in my shoulder in the morning because I played through 6 seasons of baseball and developed little leaguers shoulder.
>>
>>37268153
Op also check out the your back is whack series by alan thrall on youtube, it's how I fixed my pain.
>>
>>37267532

Are you gay? Cause gay men tend to have aches in their butts.
>>
>>37267448
Just some Strict Weighted Pull-ups and some pendlay rows after my sets of C&J and Clean Pulls.

I may do some skill work on kipping pull ups afterwards as well.
>>
>>37270803
I will, thanks
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.