[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /fit/. I've been a fatass my whole life and pretty friendless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: feel_crying.png (58 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
feel_crying.png
58 KB, 645x773
So /fit/. I've been a fatass my whole life and pretty friendless at that. Got best friends during highschool but had a falling out the start of senior year. Long story short I haven't been at school since January (I'm turning 19 in less than a month) and prom happened yesterday, which I didn't get to attend. Not graduating either.

Does lifting really help with feeling not shit? I've been on anti-depressants for a month now, and been cutting. I don't know how to deal with this and just here wondering if there's any hope for me. Hold me, /fit/
>>
Any sport will bring your self-confidence back and will make you feel better.
Give it a try!.
>>
>>37267437
exercise, eat right, and study
>>
>>37267437
>cutting
cutting != dieting and/or just not being as much of a fatass, you worthless fuck
>>
>>37267437
holy shit how about you focus on graduating high school

lifting weights isn't going to magically fix all your problems, and honestly you should prioritize making mental gains and your studies before you throw yourself at weightlifting

give yourself some breathing room, reassess yourself and your situation, buckle down and work hard

also>>37267518
>>37267518

we're all gonna make it breh
>>
>>37267437
>Does lifting really help with feeling not shit?
Yes. At first (your first week or two) lifting will seem like pure hell and a fatass like you will come up with all sorts of excuses for yourself to skip the gym. Do not do it. Grit your fucking teeth and go lift, because the payoff is worth it.

Since I started lifting:
>my mood improved remarkably - I went from a perma-irritated cunt who snapped at people for no reason to a rather good-hearted, gregarious guy.
>my sleep improved considerably - I used to have insomnia and nightmares and woke up tired, now I see dreams that belong in sci-fi movies and spring out of bed feeling rested and happy.
>my immune system got a sky-high boost - in winter I used to constantly have a runny nose and catch colds left and right, while now I do not even remember when I last felt even remotely sick.
>the feeling of satisfaction never leaves me - every day you are at the gym, you are building a better you. That person in the mirror consistently looks better and better - healthier, stronger, more handsome.
And, of course, the endorphins. The feeling you get after a good workout cannot really be compared to anything. You feel like you levitate instead of walking, your muscles are ringing like tautly stretched guitar strings, and your head feels airy, with every thought clearer than a mountain spring.
Lifting will solve many of your problems, but you have to work hard for it. And by hard, I mean really fucking hard. Whenever you feel you are about to drop the weights and go home, think about all these countless miserable, fat slobs cheering at your failure.
>>
>>37267437
Stop being an uptight edge lord OP.
Lose some weight, lift some weights, apologise to your friend.

If you act positive and friendly, people will be positive and friendly with you
(Pls note this only works if you're normal weight and attractiveness, else you'll just be another a creepy weirdo)
>>
>>37267437
Sounds like you need to pull your head out of your ass.
>>
>>37267554
this
>>
File: heinrich.jpg (40 KB, 363x500) Image search: [Google]
heinrich.jpg
40 KB, 363x500
anybody who hasn't bothered giving exercise and the great outdoors a chance shouldn't be prescribed anti-depressants.

here's an anti-depressant for you: run. it makes you feel great and takes a load off your mind.
>>
>>37267437
You fucking retard. Fitness and looking good is secondary. As long as you're not about to die from severe obesity your academics are more important. Stop trying to make excuses. Idk how shit works in america but make sure you catch up on the school you missed, somehow.
>>
>>37267807
Fucking exactly

I wish that people didn't only talk about the physical affects of lifting and exercise in general. The most gains I've seen by far are mental strength gains.

Really this comes from any kind of discipline, but lifting has the bonus of making you look p good naked
>>
>>37268497
to become a memer, I just meme
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.