[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weight loss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: BathroomScales.jpg (350 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
BathroomScales.jpg
350 KB, 2048x1536
Is losing 1.5kg a week good weight loss.
I recently cut back on my eating, I eat all the stuff I need (protein from eggs, veggies, fruit, rice, etc.)

Is this a good speed of weight loss or should I somehow ramp it up, if so how?
>>
If the amount you have cut down to allows you to function at work, still lift/cardio, not be tired all the time and continue losing fat steadily then you should stick with it.
>>
File: 1462730649946.jpg (740 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1462730649946.jpg
740 KB, 1200x800
>>37265201

Not a fucking expert, but that's about what I've been losing, and been at it for a few months now.

Sure I've gone holocaust mode before and lost 2-3 pounds a week, but that shit drains you, and is hard to realistically maintain. Losing 1.5 is more manageable long term, and will prevent you from eating up whatever muscle you may have entirely. Don't want to look like a flabby skeleton when you get to your goal.
>>
>>37265249
>holocaust mode before and lost 2-3 pounds
convert 1.5 kg. It should be about 3 pound.

OP, I'm erally not an expert but I feel like you risk losing a whole lot of muscle with that speed
>>
I'm a good 40kg overweight and that is just an average I got from 5 weeks of weight loss.

I do see your point though, I'll have to make sure I maintain my health and keep exercising to ensure it is not detrimental to my health.

Better than dying of obesity in the future though.
>>
Yeah, I see your point.
I'll keep that in mind.
>>
Half a kg a week to make sure you keep your gains
>>
>>37265201
1.5kg a week means a deficit of about 11.500 kcal per week, which translates into a 1650 kcal a day deficit.

Assuming you're counting it right and you're not just assuming "retaining less water = weight loss!", you should also lose a lot of muscle by having a deficit this large.

Eating very little also means you should double your efforts towards making sure all of it is healthy and nutritious.
>>
>>37266123
it's possible to calculate weight loss from calories?
Pls link to resources. Seems like it'd be incredibly imprecise.
>>
>>37266165
A kilogram of fat holds roughly 7000 calories. Lack of precision would come from imprecise counting of calories in/out.
>>
>>37265201
I kept losing around a 2kg a week when I went from 135kg to 105kg, mostly from lifting and eating only shit with protein. Shit diet and workout but I felt great.

As long as you feel good you shouldn't be worried.
>>
>>37266123

WTF are you talking about!? How the fuck can you calculate the caloric deficit without knowing height, sex, weight and age. GTFO
>>
>>37266123
3.500 kcal * 1.5 = 11.500kcal ... on what planet fegit ?
>>
>>37267222
It's in kg not lbs you stupid nigger
>>
>>37266598
isn't 1kg of fat 9000kcal?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.