[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I sweat a lot How do I fix this? Is there a pill?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1463809223881[1].jpg (27 KB, 600x443) Image search: [Google]
1463809223881[1].jpg
27 KB, 600x443
I sweat a lot

How do I fix this?
Is there a pill?
>>
Also curious
>>
Eat good and fresh food.
>>
>>37253293
I've been cutting and I'm eating healthy, it's not it.

I've always been sweaty but now I have a serious job and in early June there's gonna be a big event with many gatherings, meetings and parties over the course of a week.
I will have to wear a suit the whole time, too. And meet a lot of powerful people making me extremely nervous.

I feel it's going to be a trainwreck if I don't get my sweating under control.
>>
>>37253264
Nervous sweating. Special case of social anxiety. The only way to get rid of it is to get rid of the core problem - anxiety and shame. When you don't want to sweat, you start to sweat more. When you notice this, you get more nervous and sweat even more.

But what if you don't really care? If you accept it? Then there is no shame, and you don't get more nervous. You start to sweat less and less. You will still sweat more than normal people, because that's just how your body is, but sweating in social places will reduce.

Pills can't really fix this, unless you want to try something that will mess with your brain chemistry. But ofc this will have (probably) an affect on your personality, and some other side effects too. And it can make it worse ofc.

Med student btw
>>
>>37253670
>When you don't want to sweat, you start to sweat more. When you notice this, you get more nervous and sweat even more.
That happens to me, but I also get easily sweaty from physical exercise

Like if I go for a walk I start sweating 15 minutes in
>>
>>37253690
Because that's just how your body is mate. Some of us sweat a lot. Its because your body reacts more easily to things like stress, exercise, pressure etc. Just accept it and it will help.
>>
File: 81edERdY7UL._SY606_.jpg (27 KB, 268x606) Image search: [Google]
81edERdY7UL._SY606_.jpg
27 KB, 268x606
If it's armpit sweat, invest in a heavy duty deodorant such as pic related. I usually have some medium to heavy armpit sweat, but this has been a miracle for me. Stopped the sweating almost completely, even when running in heat I sweat a very small amount.
>>
>>37253735
What happens if you spray it on your scalp?

That's my main issue, sweat runs down my face, my sideburns, the back of my neck
>>
>>37253670
This. I kinda overcame it through not being a faggot and just let go.
Also alcohol.
>>
File: panic.jpg (27 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
panic.jpg
27 KB, 300x300
>>37253723
>Just accept it
There must be a way to fix this

I know botox is used to get rid of sweating, but I don't want to go this far
>>
>>37253771
melt it into a butter-like form and apply it to the edge of your hairline
>>
>>37253793
And there is - accept yourself. Also develope yourself, don't skip social things and try to live like a "normal" person.

Most patients don't understand, that the core problem is anxiety and the way they handle it. Therapy can help, and i'm serious. It helps you to change your attitude towards your anxiety and problems. When your overall anxiety levels drop (and you stop worrying about things like social meetings), your sweating reduces. Your body is no longer on constant alarm mode. And hey, you get to live a life.

Lets say that we fix your sweating by a pill. What then, when you start to get nervous about not falling a sleep? You get severe insomnia. Okay, pill again. Then your body starts to shake, and your voice collapses in social things. Pill again?

This is what usually happens, if we cure just a symptom from anxiety.
>>
Ice showers, everyday, for the rest of your life.
It worked for me.
>>
It is hereditary.

I sweat buckets. All the fucking time. I walk to a lecture and im sweating buckets when i sit down. I sweat buckets all day and all night..

What I noticed aswell is my parents also sweat buckets
>>
>>37253264
DEVELOPERS
>>
>>37253264
If you take enough of any pain killer it will stop you from sweating, permanently.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.