[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any use in doing a mixed set of 8 pull ups and 8 chin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Pullup.png (36 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
Pullup.png
36 KB, 540x360
Is there any use in doing a mixed set of 8 pull ups and 8 chin ups? x3

Eg
Do one pull up
Do one chin up
repeat this for 8 reps

since they hit different muscle groups
>>
Are you saying you're switching grips every rep?
>>
>>37249193
My gym has this thing where you can do three different kinds of pull ups. Should I do each one of them once to failure? Or focus on one. The "regular" one, maybe? I dunno, piggybacking on your question.
>>
>>37249193
They hit the same muscle groups, they just emphasize different movers depending on your grip.

I do 3 sets to failure: 1 wide grip, 1 close grip overhand, 1 chin up.
>>
well you could do a set of pull ups and then a set of chinups you fucking retard
>>
>>37249224
Oh. I was right then.
>>
>>37249224
No they don't. Pull ups don't work biceps
Chin ups do.
>>
>>37249246
pull ups still work biceps they just put biceps in worse position for leverage than chinups
>>
>>37249214
yes

>>37249226
I thought this way there would be more time for recovery between excercises
>>
>>37249226
Kek
>>
Pull-ups are the best for your lats, right?

Honestly guys help me I can't do a single pull-up. I'm donig SS but I wanted to incorporate some pull-ups to maximize my output for lats, but I'm unable to do a single one!

What can I do as an alternative?
>>
>>37250676
>What can I do as an alternative?

Be serious and work on your pull-ups and chin-ups? Even if you can't do a single rep you should work on it, there's tons of articles and videos about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0
>>
>>37250676
you might wanna give that a try

http://www.50pullups.com/
>>
>>37250692
>>37250691
Thanks!
>>
No, but there is nothing wrong with doing either, or, or both. Switching each rep or each set is pretty pointless though. You'd be better off doing say, 2 sets of pull ups, and then 2 sets of chin ups.
>>
i always do at least 5 sets of 10
first three are always pullups, then i do a set of chins and a set of neutral

I used to do exclusively chinups but I was maxing out at about 20 dead hang and could barely do 8 pullups so I mixed it up.

i was doing 10x10 but it was giving me ridiculous tendonitis so I cut back. don't really do them weighted anymore. just a warm up for back and bi day.

a lot of people can't do a single pullup. best thing to do is negatives or have someone hold your feet
>>
>>37250676
you can also try the lat pulldown
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.