[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are women such terrible/goofy runners when their balance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1452596846240.jpg (129 KB, 783x1024) Image search: [Google]
1452596846240.jpg
129 KB, 783x1024
Why are women such terrible/goofy runners when their balance point is at their hips? Shouldn't that make them better?
>>
Ever seen a guy with severe gyno run?
>>
>>37243292
never
>>
>>37243276
Bait. Women, generally, are dominating the sport of ultra running. They might be goofy, but they are winning.
>>
>>37245195

>all world records held by men

Okay
>>
>>37245195
Is that why every running record is held by men?
>>
>>37245195
they're not dominating, but they're competing with men on more or less an equal level. they actually win medals in the open division. I can't think of any other sport where this happens.
>>
>>37243276
A higher center of gravity is better for running.
>>
>>37243276
Bipedal running involves leaning your centre of gravity forward and translating your "fall" into forward momentum because your feet makes a fulcrum where it makes contact with the ground. A higher centre of gravity makes for more efficient running.
>>
>>37243292
No, he just does 5x5 and shitposts on /fit/
>>
>>37245542
Ultra running is a specific niche of running, he's not talking about marathons and shit.

But I'm pretty sure the best ultra runners are still men though.
>>
>>37245195

There are so many women in ultrarunning because inherently the activity involves buying a whole bunch of goofy shit and clothes and gizmos that actually have little to do with the act of repeatedly putting one foot in front of the other
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.