[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I switch low bar squats to bb hack squats?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 84_2.jpg (78 KB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
84_2.jpg
78 KB, 275x275
Can I switch low bar squats to bb hack squats?
>>
>>37238662

Why would you want to do that?
>>
>>37238672
I dont have an acces to a gym and its getting hard to squat at home. I use my bench and squat under it then do my reps. But now im at 100kg and its difficult
>>
Pls halp
>>
>>37238731

In this case, no they're not going to be equivalent replacements. Also a lot of people basically can't do hack squats due to the proportions required.
>>
>>37238662
Why is he doing reverse deadlifts?

https://youtu.be/2R01rQSdsPs
>>
>>37238662
>Can I switch low bar squats to bb hack squats?
you can, but the gains won't be even remotely the same
>>
>>37238787
Will it be okay if Im doing cleans and deadlifts also?
>>
File: 1443846393530.png (280 KB, 477x724) Image search: [Google]
1443846393530.png
280 KB, 477x724
>>37238826
>>
>>37238837

Probably not. If you're already cleaning you'd probably be best off using front squats, although you can't really do super low rep front squats if you have to clean it first.
>>
>>37238853
Well fuck. Will I be out of proportion if I do the switch?
>>
Anymore help?
>>
>>37238826
Jesus...
>>
>>37238662
No, you cannot. Especially not if you're doing a routine that revolves around high frequent low bar squatting.
If you don't have access to a squat rack, find another routine, because doing Starting Strength or something similar is NOT going to work very well with barbell hack squats.
>>
>>37239193
>mfw doing SL5x5 with goblet squats
Am I going to make it? Not looking to get t-rex
>>
>>37239265
It's actually not necessarily a bad idea for the first couple of weeks since goblet squats are a great learning tool. But the reason you're supposed to be doing back squats is that it's the only exercise where you can keep up linear progression for so long. If you stick to goblet squats only, then you're going to stall hard very, very soon. And stalling means no gains.
>>
Thanks for your help, Im going to try to squat as long as I can
>>
>>37238662
Honestly dude, squat stands are not very expensive, if you already have everything else it's not exactly a major investment compared to how much it'll help you in your training.

Depending on where you live, you could also join a weightlifting or powerlifting club, it's usually MUCH cheaper than commercial gyms and they usually also have top notch equipment.
>>
>>37239320
I live in Finland, and in my city theres only expensive swag gyms
>>
>>37239334
http://suomenvoimanostoliitto.fi/

Go here and find the club nearest to you, weirdly your federation doesn't have their site available in swedish so I can't actually find the club directory for you.

At least here in Norway, there are very, very many powerlifting clubs, they all have all eleiko and ER gear and it almost never costs more than 200 euros to join one (competition license and coaching are included here)
>>
>>37238731
Are you me? I'm at 100kg and wonder what will happen when I can't get up again. No supports and my gym room is upstairs.
>>
>>37239553
For me theres not enough room for me to dump the weight behind me. So Im terrified of failing a rep.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.