[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buy a hammer and hit yourself LIGHTLY in the shins, above the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: Future Where Ya At.png (314 KB, 724x391) Image search: [Google]
Future Where Ya At.png
314 KB, 724x391
Buy a hammer and hit yourself LIGHTLY in the shins, above the kneecaps and wherever else you want to see growth before bed for 3 months. Have a very gentle hand when doing this. You want to create small cracks in your bones over time, effectively breaking them, but not to the point where you lose functionaility. When you heal up, your bones will be thicker, and you'll gain a little bit of length in the broken areas.
Do this repeatedly for years and you'll keep growing, even past puberty.
It's the same principle that applies when people get into things like snowboarding accident and break their legs and come back from the injury taller with stronger bones.

I started doing this last year and it appears to be working for me as I've gained half an inch of height so far. I plan on keeping up with it for another year and I'm going to compile my results and post it on here. I'm 26 btw.
>>
>>37234604
Oh yes I forgot to specify, in my year of doing this, I'm doing hammer hits 3 months on, 3 months off. So 6 total months of hammer hits before bed a year.

Supporting evidence:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/leg-lengthening-patient-hopes-grow-33-inches-painful/story?id=19451057
>>
>>37234604
jesus christ
>>
I kind of want to try this but I'm scared I'd hit a joint instead of my bone. I think I'm going to test it out with hits in the middle of my shins.
>>
>>37234662
Don't fucking hit it with a hammer.

This is what muay thai fighters do to strengthen their shins. Except they kick hard bags, rub bottles over it, and kick soft wood. As far as I know it doesn't lengthen your bones though it does "calcate" it and make them a lot harder and deaden your nerves. My shins were pretty solid from kicking a solidified part of my bag back when I was a skelly. Probably shit now though.

Hitting it with a hammer sounds like a really bad idea though.
>>
File: 1456958920439.jpg (115 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1456958920439.jpg
115 KB, 413x395
Jesus Christ /fit/ really
>>
>>37234715
Do they kick with the shin directly landing on the bag or does the foot hit the bag?
>>
If I want to see growth in my dick do i hit the hammer on the shaft or the head?
>>
I've been doing Starting Shins for about 6 months now and I've gotten great gains from it! Almost 3 inches taller bois.
>>
File: JosephJoestar123.png (491 KB, 466x601) Image search: [Google]
JosephJoestar123.png
491 KB, 466x601
>its a scientific fact that broken bones calcify during healing and come back stronger and denser
Increased calcification at the break point will add to length. It would be painful, but this shit checks out.

Jojo mode here I come.
>>
>create microfractures in your shins so they snap when you try to squat a heavy weight

Excellent idea
>>
>not beating on your legs like a bongo with drumsticks and chanting "grow, grow, GROW!"
>>
I would just use the knuckle and do some knockinig, I usually tap my knuckles against each other and do it on my kneecaps just to make some noise...autism

>anyways real talk, I jumped off a boat dock onto a floating platform and landed awkwardly because it sank, that night my shins were on fire, I thought I broke them, but I think if I wasn't squatting 240 at the time one of them would have snapped fosho
>>
>>37234738
You kick with your shins. Kicking with your foot is how you break it.

If you really want to cause microfractures up your leg in the hopes that it makes you grow, then buy a used boxing bag and kick it with both legs a ton. Or buy a new one and lay into the bottom of the bag.

Like everything start out to where you can take it. Don't go at it full force. Once you get comfortable with how much it doesn't hurt, you can research up some other shit to strengthen your shins more. Maybe kick a couple mops in half to impress people. If they get really hard you could break a baseball bat with a kick.

In the process you'll be doing cardio, and learn to do some really cool shit like I did, like the axe kick, brazilian kick, and how to switch kick. Plus buy some boxing gloves or just wrap your hands (if you want harder hands) and punch it as well. In a couple months you'll have solid hands and shins.

You should get the same effect as HITTING IT WITH A FUCKING HAMMER, and even if it doesn't work (pretty sure it didn't make me grow), you learned cool shit from it.
>>
Can confirm. I'm 8'7" and people think I'm on stilts but in fact, I am not. I've done this since I was a kid.
>>
>>37234604
how to keep the balance tho, like what keeps a leg from being longer than another leg
>>
>>37234831
>Axe Kick on a heavy bag

What, you just scrape it with your heel?
>>
>>37235720
Nah, I just did it beside it. I never hit anything with it, but the bag was a good indicator of how high I was going. I could only brazilian kick with my weak leg too.

Still, at the end of it and being like 140 pounds, I could kick hard enough to seriously mess up drunk people's night just from a legkick. Imagine how hard someone like Buakaw can kick when he can kick down banana trees easily.

I should probably start doing that again. Better than the no cardio I'm doing now
>>
>>37235306
if one of your legs heals longer just break the other one a bit more to even it out
>>
>>37234604
Manlets will do ANYTHING to try and save themselves
>>
File: 1374348579223.jpg (33 KB, 258x322) Image search: [Google]
1374348579223.jpg
33 KB, 258x322
>>37234604
>>
About to go to bed and test this out. Wish me luck.
>>
>>37234604
Really works. Been doing this for 2 years and gained an inch.
>>
>>37234604
I went from 5'9" to 5'11". No longer manlet.
>>
>>37234604
GOD TIER BRO SCIENCE
>>
>under 6'11
>manlet

pick two
>>
>Muay thai fighters hit their shins with hammers to strengthen the bone
Fucking noooo. This is 'toning' and 'spot reducing fat' levels of broscience. No one does it and anyone who tries is fucking retarded. Striking your shin bones will create microfractures along with divots and deformities in the surface of the bone, ruining the structural integrity and greatly reducing its ability to take impact. Thai fighters strengthen their bones partly by smashing 10x100 sets of kicks on the heavy bag, and mostly by running, running, running. The impact from running creates microfractures in the shins to calcify into strong bones, without the damages of impact from beerbottle rolling or baseball bat hits. Checking kicks in pro fights fucks your shins fast enough, you don't need to speed that process.
>>
>>37234604
You're already doing that by working out. You do get micro cracks in your bones, and the bones do grow stronger with exercise. I've never heard of them becoming longer though.

The body has a complex system for maintaing and if necessary remodel the shape of the bones, It might prevent them from slowly growing vertically over time.
>>
>end of bones are growth plates
>if you break growth plates, the bone stops growing length
>>
good idea, OP
but don't forget to lightly whisper "grow, grow, grow" when you do this
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.