[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Former Fatties Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 14
File: fat_01.jpg (17 KB, 300x293) Image search: [Google]
fat_01.jpg
17 KB, 300x293
How do you feel about your former fat self?
>>
Disgusted, next question.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (114 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
114 KB, 540x960
it was a lot more fun being fat

now that I have decent control over my weight and know what will happen if I overeat or dont work out some days it stresses me out more. I lost 10 pounds on my already weak bench and I felt really bad on the drive home from the gym. my fat self wouldnt have cared if my bench was 2 pounds or 300 pounds.

the social gains are amazing, but being fat was just easier for everybody because now I look like a tryhard manlet
>>
I hate the person I used to be so much that it affects how I feel about myself today.

Just can't seem to let the past stay there.
>>
Fucking awful, I ate bread all day. My dad gave me two options back then when I was 11yo: To get computer or a bike. I should've chose the bike...
>>
sad in a way

idk, when I was fat I was just a caricature, nothing too serious
now that I lost it I feel like I'm much more "out there" without my meat shield constantly protecting me
>>
>>37233707
I know that feeling
>>
>>37233624
5'10 here
used to be 127kg now currently 95kg and still coming down
I've found my chin
I replacing carbs with good fats has started to recover a hormone deficiency and have slowly started to recover a sex drive i dont know if that was fat related or just poor dietry choices

it's easier to move now i've lose that weight

thank fuck during the time i got fat i still ate a reasonable amount of shit protein and kept up some kind of muscle

The only current benefit of being fat is the leg strength i developed keeping my fat ass up
Currently look like a product of SS as still lacking upper bodystrength and considering swapping out to brosplits to compensate
>>
>>37233624
Neutral
It's what happens when I get distracted and don't notice the sneaky calories
I don't think it made me worse or s glutton or lazy trash or anything like that
Just really clueless
>>
>>37233707
You are me bro.
>>
>>37233707
Life's too short bro. Let it go.
>>
>>37233656

>social gains

Tell me more about these, please! I'm keen to hear.
>>
Went from the fattest kid in my hs to shredded. Got a trap azn gf as a reward, feelsgoodbra.
>>
>>37233624
fucking terrible. I was happier, ate better, had more friends...
Being fit ain't worth it.
>>
>>37233624
Gonna hop on this thread for some advice for fella /fat to fit/ bros

I started about 2 years ago at 285 with like no muscle, current 204 (6'3" btw)

Starting a 3 day madcow 12 week program. Planned on doing cardio on 3 rest days

I've had success dropping weight but I've been stalling around 205 for about 10 weeks. Anyone have recommendations for continuing to burn fat while maintaining/gaining muscle? Or just keep doing what I'm doing and be patient? Thanks bros
>>
Pretty much the same person just way more aesthetic and healthy. My friends say I still act like a fat kid, whatever that means

I hated being fat back then, but now that I am fit I have realized that lifting and being fit is just one piece of the puzzle to being happy in life. An important piece no doubt though.

If you are fat and hate yourself and think losing weight will change it all, you are wrong. You should lose weight and get healthy because you want your physical image to be able to reflect your character. Being fit shows that you care about yourself and are willing to work hard to give yourself the best body to be able to do the things you love.
>>
>>37233624
I feel bad for my fat self. My parents were terrible, my childhood was terrible and I had no one in my life to look up to. It's pretty retarded, but I often wish I could go back into the past and tell my six year old self everything about nutrition and how much better life would be if I don't become fat in the first place.

I was so large weighing something over 350 lbs that my body has become completely ruined now. My mind is warped and I feel more depressed than I did when I was massive because I long to love someone and my body and how I look prevents me from doing what I would like.
>>
>>37233758
Your dad should've never given the option to choose to an 11 year old. Should've just given you a bike.
>>
>>37235536

I remember being told things were unhealthy, but having literally zero healthy eating habits installed in me as a kid just made it get worse and worse.

I wish I could go back and tell my highschool self not to be shy and just start lifting and learning about nutrition, and to not be a bitch and that I could fuck every girl at school if I just talked to them.
>>
christ i used to get so happy thinking about stopping for fast food.

fucking disgusting.
>>
When I think back on when I was fat, all I can remember is how bad I wanted to kill myself. I don't think anyone can be happy when they're fat, no matter what they tell us.
>>
>>37233707
I still feel fat, bro. Even though I lost fifty pounds and I'm normal weight now.
>>
>>37235338
Try IF
>>
>>37235338
What kind of cardio are you doing and for how long? Can make a difference
>>
kek I felt better fat, losing that much weight fucked my testosterone levels and now I have to get injections for the rest of my life :^)
>>
>>37233707
Fuckkkkk... you got me right where it hurts
>>
>>37233656
wtf is going on with that rack
>>
>>37236178
notice the holes in the ceiling
>>
>>37235948
I feel you bro.

Sometimes I still have a craving, but I never cave.

I'd suck a dick for some sort of magical Arby's that had 0 nutritional content of any sort and could be eaten freely just for the taste.
>>
>>37233707
Any tips on getting past this?
>>
>>37236217
If I could condense the pure, fried chicken pickle abomination that is chickfila I would live off of it. Only thing I miss about being fatmode mechanic is I would get chickfila chicken sandwich with pepperjack cheese, waffle fries, and a shit ton of polynesian sauce. Haven't had it in three years because I think I would get addicted again and don't want to even remember those times
>>
>>37236381
Shit you made my mouth water.

My demons were the Beef n Cheddar at arbys with the curly fries and a Dr. Pepper

I used to live like literally 2 doors down from an Arby's, so I didn't even have to get in my car to get some.
>>
It's like growing to middle age then suddenly having your youth back.
>>
>>37233624
I kinda miss eating whatever i want but I don't miss being gross and unattractive and unhealthy
>>
>>37236321
Constantly be striving towards an arbitrary goal
>>
>>37233624

Was never obese, just chubby.

Disgusted. They aren't people they are animals. People have self control and self awareness. Fat fucks are animals that eat on instinct.
>>
I'm currently pretty fat and I need some advice.

I've been using this 3x5 workout with
3x5 bench
3x5 squat
and 1x5 deadlift
with like 10 minutes of cardio.
the LP workout. Forget the name.

every three days. for about 45- 1 hour

Wondering if anyone has had more success with the workout 5x5 mentioned in the sticky. I think if i did that workout I would be in the gym for longer than 45 minutes which was the recommended time for lifting heavy weights.

Tell me your secrets so I can lose weight too.
>>
>>37236916
CICO
>>
>>37236916
do at least 30 minutes of cardio
>>
>>37233656
It would've been a lot cheaper to buy a hacksaw or sawzall.
>>
>>37233624
I was 275 at my fattest. Dropped to 170 after around a year of only cardio. Then I started lifting. 190 right now and trying to gain.
>>
>>37236916

Your workout is fine. The adage holds true; abs are made in the kitchen.

What's your diet like?
>>
>>37237230
Well I'm not super strict with it.

I eat some meal bars with lots of fiber and protein , and like no calories with a fruit or a slice of whole grain bread with peanut butter on it for breakfast.

For lunch I usually look at more fruits. low calorie Granola with plain greek yogurt.

After workout I drink a protein shake and a protein bar which usually have a bit more calorie in it.

For dinner I try to cook chicken breast and broccoli, or some sort of turkey with a green. Today I had two turkey patties with no bun.

I take all the vitamins, and such so I hope I'm doing good.

>>37236964
I've been trying to introduce HIIT running to my cardio.
Sprinting for 30 seconds and then slow jog/ fast walk for 30 for about 8 minutes with a cool down.
Read that these are pretty effective, but only just started so maybe I should just long distance run for 30 minutes.
>>
>>37237308

Sounds like you're doing great man. Consistency is key.
>>
File: Bothmybodies.jpg (116 KB, 994x544) Image search: [Google]
Bothmybodies.jpg
116 KB, 994x544
Embarrassed as fuck and devastated at the years I wasted.

I knew I was getting fat but "didn't know how to stop it" which blows my mind.

I could have tried oh, I don't know, not eating an entire fucking KFC family feast to myself?!

>That's me at 85kg
>Imagine what I was like at 115kg
>>
>>37233707
stahp reminding me
>>
>>37233707
I feel you bro.

The loose skin doesn't help.

Think about killing myself every day.
>>
Sad!
>>
Anyone have any advice for tightening up loose skin other than lifting heavier? My loose skin isn't bad at all when standing but when I go into pushup stance my loose skin is fucking gross. If I ever lose my virginity in missionary position I'm going to feel so awkward because of it.

I'm starting to do deadlifts now to try and build up my midsection/ core.
>>
>>37237308
HIIT is shit if your overweight.
It may burn fat but at the expense on joints.
Walk on a tradmill with incline and a average speed.
Burns mad calories and doesn't destroy your joints.
>>
I wasn't fat, but I was chubby on the verge of getting fat. In 9 months, I've lost 50-something lbs of fat while going from a DYEL to decently fit (still have a long way to go).

I cannot believe I let myself go for so long. It was years of eating like total shit, drinking profusely, never exercising, and always feeling like shit, physically and mentally.

I wish every fatty could know what it's like to lose weight and get into shape. I feel better in every possible respect.
>>
>>37237308
you should cut the granola , shits really high calorie, it's tasty but if you are trying to lose weight your calories could probably be better spent else where
>>
>>37233707
I've basically allowed this to ruin the last three years of my life...
>>
>>37233624
Kinda wondering how much he self shortened my lifespan. I mean, it took quite a bit of soda to get where he was at and that's a lot of fucking sugar. Also, kind of pissed at him because now all of my clothes are too big and I really don't want to spend money getting clothes that fit.

Fuck, I still haven't gotten a new belt. I just took a knife and put more notches in it. Kinda wish I could just take the knife and cut off all the loose skin too, but it's tightening up on it's own and all I really have to do is maintain for a while longer until it does.
>>
>>37233624
Absolute disgust.

I haven't been obese per se (174/78), but now it sure feels like it. I took up lifting and lost 17 kg over past two years, and only now I am somewhat okay with my physique. I actually kept some of my former clothes to remind me just how fucking huge I was.

The thing I miss is the relaxed attitude towards food, I have huge appetite and have to track my calories even on a bulk. Mainly my diet consists of fibrous grains and vegetables, but I still have troubles making enough "space" for sweets in my calorie budget while not getting hungry. Damned be my low manlet TDEE.
>>
>>37235279

Are you me?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>37236012
I feel that too.

I've lost around 60lbs fairly slowly and have recently started lifting. I'm still ~15lbs off my target weight but although I've gone from a 46" waist to 36" I can't SEE the difference.

Oh I KNOW I'm much slimmer, my old shirts are like tents and I my pants are fucking huge but I can't really see the difference in a mirror.

Fucking weird but I'm starting to see how people with eating disorders have no concept of their size.
>>
File: 7MUTn.jpg (17 KB, 400x449) Image search: [Google]
7MUTn.jpg
17 KB, 400x449
>>37233707

This. We're gonna make it bro.
>>
>>37237692
are you me i am 5ft 11
>>
>>37238679
yh i get you im 30" from 40"
i guess its because u see yourself every day
>>
>>37235338
Breaking 200 is hard. Maybe its psychological it happened to me. Just workout for 2 days stright to break the barrier and go back to your routine.
>>
>5'4'', 120 lbs through high school
>legitimately thought I was fat despite wearing size 6 jeans
>gain weight and realize just how skinny I was, hate myself for it
>go down from 180 to 150 and I still see myself at my highest weight

Body dysmorphia is a bitch. I wish I could see my body for what it really is because I think that would help me get back down to 120, which is my goal weight. I've made progress, that much should be obvious, but my brain can't see my body as anything other than fat it seems.
>>
>>37238745
Nein I'm 5'7, Goliath.
>>
>>37238783
oh good so i should have defined abs by 75kg im 80 atm
>>
>>37238815
I'm not fussed on abs, aye. After that husbando mode.

Suits me more, I'm hairy and stocky, might as well.
>>
On a physical level I feel healthier, and nothing hurts anymore. Was 135 kg 1.5 years ago, now 90 at 5"11. Still going down and I like the control over my weight, even females actually seem to notice me, but on a mental level I feel worse than ever. I mean when I was obese my problems seemed obvious, and now they're not. Like why do I live in a state of despair with short breaks of laughter or rage, i don't know.
>>
>>37237973
Surgery
>>
>>37238964

Stop going into these threads and saying surgery, its only required if you were like 400 pounds or something crazy big. Fucking idiot all skin can get tighten back, there would be no reason to lose weight if fat people were going to have loose skin that looks like fat, it would be pointless you idiot.

So stop misguiding people, they have loose skin but they can work it out
>>
>>37233624
Jealous of his diet. Not jealous of his sex life or self esteem.
>>
Women pay attention to me now but all this has done is made me realize that I genuinely hate them
>>
>>37238815
6'1" 77kg hete
404 abs not found
But I'm very high test.
>>
>"you get heavy periods because you're a fat fuck. And no, it isn't the pill that's making you gain 2 stone"

On a related not, mother nature's gift is just as painful, but a lot less bloody.

0/10 would not recommend being female
>>
>>37237973
Dunno how much skin or how much muscle you have but it definitely will get better.

I went from 325 pounds down to 165 skelly (6' ) and my stomach looked like the predator when I would do push ups. It would fold in on itself and it was a mess. After just 6 months of lifting, it only just sags down like a belly, not all folded up anymore, probably reduced it by like half I would say..
>>
wow. anons say they feel disgusted at their former selves, when they were like 210 or wahtever. here i am sitting at 380lbs.
>>
>>37236321
Stop being a bitch and move on
>>
>>37242802

I didn't realize I had made it to 280, it was a slow build up and I became numb to it.

Your future self will thank you when you look back. It's one of those things you'll look back on and wonder why you even took so long. I kept saying next week, next month, next year, whatever. I know there's the Shia meme video but it's true, you'll always find a reason not to start now and the reasons will never end. You'll wake up one day and it will have been several years since you said "I'll get in shape soon".
>>
I realize now that looks are all people care about

kinda depressing if you think about it, but whatever. lifting makes me feel/look good.
>>
>>37233624
felt shitty and alone, now i dropped 30 pounds and more. Used to be 215, now im 180 and my goal is 160
>>
>>37235948
me too, would get mcdonalds every friday from my 6th grade year to the beggining of my xcollege years. now i barely eat out and have panera bread when i have fast food.
>>
File: 1449608129796.png (292 KB, 686x720) Image search: [Google]
1449608129796.png
292 KB, 686x720
>tell someone how much I used to weigh
>"Wow, I can't imagine you being fat."
BEST FEEL
>>
File: angry crying wojak.jpg (63 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
angry crying wojak.jpg
63 KB, 633x758
>>37233656
STOP POSTING THIS SHIT

I MADE A RETARDED MISTAKE OKAY? ITS NOT FUCKING FUNNY
>>
I don't even know how it happened honestly. I went from skelly skateboarder to 285lbs of fat bitch. I'm 6ft tall so I guess the lower 200s were less noticeable. I'm just astonished I let myself get and stay like that. Plus I was such a little bitch. People told me I was funny and wasn't fat and I got attention from girls but never the attention I wanted.

I should've realized sooner that with taking care of myself comes everything else in life.

After my grandfather died I became obsessed with being as healthy as possible.
>>
>>37233624
I never fully realized what a pathetic waste of space I was before the weight loss. When I now look at past pictures of myself, I can hardly believe it. I looked like such god damned shit. Pictures, which I used to hate participating in with a passion, I now adore, as I'm always positively surprised by how great I look.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 684x684) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 684x684
i lost 50kg while gaining a lot of muscle and strength, I never exercised before
now I'm 100kg at 18%bf, 5"10'
saggy skin bear mode
I feel pity towards how my former self was stupid and did not start lifting earlier
I genuinely love lifting, the process itself is amazing

good luck, we're all gonna make it if we enjoy it
>>
>>37233624
>former

lol

i'm a lot more muscular now, but i have at least the same fat content as i did before i started bulking

went from 160 no muscles to 185 with some decent definition in the upper body. haven't bothered to dedicate to cutting yet. really fucking need to though but i'm so scared of all my gains withering away.
>>
>>37243717
oh it's very fucking funny

i loved it when someone pointed out that a 7 foot bar wouldn't even fit after the fact
>>
>>37237973
>build muscle to fill out loose skin
>retinol (paula's choice 1%)
>>
File: 1418082773519.jpg (57 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
1418082773519.jpg
57 KB, 500x501
>>37242763
>my stomach looked like the predator when I would do push ups
mein sides
>>
File: 1463574189920.jpg (80 KB, 766x960) Image search: [Google]
1463574189920.jpg
80 KB, 766x960
A tale of tragedy

5'7, born in 88, was fat all through highschool and didnt get fit until
After graduation in 07. I missed out on some prime HS pussy because I have a good build and 9/10 face when thin. Slayed massive amounts of pussy without effort till 2012 when I went to college... And started getting fat without noticing it. I jist graduated last week, im 233 lbs (was 165 in my prime), and its literally thrown me into a depression. I've literally had girls I wouldn't even thibk twice about fucking wince in horror when they looked in my direction and I had a dold of my shirt showing my lovehandles or some shit. Basically Ive been both the 2/10 sociable fat guy and then 9/10 chad guys hide their gfs from. Its literally amazing to me how much difference those 60-70lbs makes.

My game is on point and I can wke confidence to a point where I can still pull some 4 or 5/10's, but its literally astounding how much it affects your mental health. For my graduation I wanted to wear a nice pair of keans because im too fat to fit into my old clothes so I always wear sweatpants and shit, and NOTHING FIT WELL UNTIL I GOT INTO SIZE 42's! Needless to say now that I graduated im going to do my best to get back down to where I was... However... The regret of not being able to slay some of the hottest girls and see them walk off with chads that I know I was prior.... Is crushing
>>
i mean, i'm still fat. i'm just stronger. traded in fat for muscle but i'm still fat.
squat: 400
deadlift 450
bench 225 (SS syndrome, about to change it up)

solid 240. been 240 but my waistline is now a 34 when it was a 40. Still can't fit because my quads are too fat so i have to wear 38's
:<
>>
>>37244446

uh, more fish in the sea n shit. that's your punishment. a cross to bear, if you will.

you're gonna have to repent by fucking your way through fat bitches as you lose weight and as you get better control of your life, you'll graduate to better bitches. those fat bitches will be worth it. every time you shudder and scream inside as you dip your wick, you'll remind yourself why it is you're not eating or drinking like you used to and focusing on being the fuck machine you once were.

trust me. it works.
>>
>>37244446
shit a lot of typos my bad, wrote it from smartphone
>>
File: Capture1.png (424 KB, 510x550) Image search: [Google]
Capture1.png
424 KB, 510x550
i'm 5'7 260 lbs. I hate myself for getting that fat. I look disgusting. Worst part is that I'm a very social person and know that If I were to look skinny I'd finally be able to get a gf. I hate stopping by fast food after work. Hate telling people every day that it's changing when I know I'm only lying to myself.
>>
File: 1461537134798.png (51 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1461537134798.png
51 KB, 800x800
>>37233707
Fugg..
>>
>>37244508
This is how I was toward the end of school, I knew I was disgusting, I tried to hide it with wearing hoodies and shit. You know you're fat when you like winter only because it hides your fatass with baggie clothes. Worst part is, in reality, yes, you could easily be slaying some of the hottest girls out there if you only lost the weight
>>
>tfw you lose all this weight to finally make it but you know if you keep being a fucking loser after all the weight is gone, there won't be any excuses left on why girls just don't like you

Losing the weight and approaching is both the most exciting and the most frightening thing as well.

You are no longer able to remain in your bubble and not approach that qt3.14 just because you are fat.
>>
>>37244587

then you're doing it wrong. the qt's become irrelevant. you become singleminded and razor sharp with your will. You defeated the hamplanet that you were. no pussy is worth showing your back to.
>>
>>37244587
It's really not as bad as it seems
Here are some tips that universally work (Not just with women)

a) Treat them like humans, they arn't a mystical alien race to be worshiped, they are as human as you
b) Be curious about people, in this case the women, when you see someone what are you genuinely interested in figuring out about them? Ask those questions
c) Don't pay attention to the voice in your head that says people dislike you etc.. that's literally hamstering yourself. Unless someone overtly comes out and calls you a faggot or a creep or some shit, it'll only be in their head and well... that's THEIR problem not yours to deal with
d) Go in expecting to fail, set the bar as long as possible and do this as often as possible, you'll start to have fun with people after awhile. You should be treating the 89 year old cashier at walmart THE SAME as the hot 18 year old chick you want to fuck at the party. Ask questions of curiosity, be yourself, and you'll get good results
>>
>>37244633
set the bar as *low* as possible
>>
>>37244448
Was 305, I'm 255 6'2",
Will I ever be 200 pounds?
Is there hope for me?
>>
>>37244633
>literally hamstering yourself

I think they prefer the proper spelling with a p
>>
>>37233624
I used to be over 400 lbs.

I'm still pretty fat at 270 lbs., but I have a lot of muscle mass and I have absolutely no problem getting attention from women.
I'm jaded, cynical and paranoid. I do not trust women and I always wonder what their ulterior motive is now when they approach me.

Good news:
My lifts are improving and I'm saving a lot of money.
>>
>>37244836

> try to watch porn
> go to xhamster
> get redirected a bunch of times
> start worrying that I got infected somehow like an idiot
> spend like an hour or two trying to make it work, looking for malware
> realize I was going to xhampster

I'll never get those hours back because of people like you adding a P. I could have been lifting.
>>
File: wt.png (470 KB, 431x482) Image search: [Google]
wt.png
470 KB, 431x482
>>37244508

Op poster here. I just ran two miles after reading this thread. It's been months. feels good. I'm gonna stuff my face with pastrami fries right now but I think this first step was a huge leap into getting into it again.
>>
>>37244633
Instructions unclear slapped 89 year old cashier at walmart's ass
>>
>>37244761
Yes
>>
>>37237901
Can you show me your sagging skin? Had it badly aswell, had to remove the stomach pouch but was able to train away the batwings, saggy legs, floppy arms and close to completely training away the extra skin in my chest area (which was quite alot). 5 more kg and i'm sure my chest looks normal.
>>
>>37239076
I was 335 at 6ft and had to have surgery.
>>
>>37245046
not gonna make it
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.