[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ ABSOLUTELY BTFO http://jap.physiology.org/content/e a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: cSdm87u.png (595 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
cSdm87u.png
595 KB, 1440x2560
/fit/ ABSOLUTELY BTFO

http://jap.physiology.org/content/early/2016/05/09/japplphysiol.00154.2016

t. Reddit
>>
>>37231686
myofibrillar hypertrophy and sarcoplasmic hypertrohpy are 2 different things,also
Compound 2-6 reps
rest 3x8-15
>>
>>37231686
Most of /fit/ will post that exact image at you. It's not new information senpai
>>
File: Rep-Ranges.png (42 KB, 1008x1008) Image search: [Google]
Rep-Ranges.png
42 KB, 1008x1008
>>37231770
most of /fit/ is also not that retarded to post a screenshot of a jpg as viewed from a smartphone.
That article has been published over one year ago.
>>
>>37231821
Clover is shit at PNG transparency, senpai.
>>
File: Rep-Ranges_noalpha.png (40 KB, 1008x1008) Image search: [Google]
Rep-Ranges_noalpha.png
40 KB, 1008x1008
>>37232866
I do believe that degenerates using mobile apps to browse the internet shall rot in hell, anyone here have the same image without alpha transparency.
>>
>>37233142
>>37231821
that awful font kerning always triggers me
>>
>>37233142
So the gist is 6-8 reps is the best for both Hyper/Strength.

Or am I reading this wrong?
>>
>>37231686

Oh wow it's like I'm really browsing /fit/ from a year ago. Old pic is old newfag. Also /r/fitness is a joke. Even every other fitness sub on leddit makes fun of what a bunch of noob dyel fatties you are. At least claim to be from somewhere not as retarded like /r/advancedfitness or /r/bodybuilding. Even Misc. ffs.
>>
>>37233373
No no no, youre forgetting, between 6 and 8 nothing happens.
>>
>>37233168
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>37233373

No. The point is rep range doesn't effect hypertrophy. Just progressive load and going to failure does. For strength 5 reps are best. So the 5 reps builds size and as well as strength thing which /fit/ says, turns out to be true and not a meme for fatties on SS.
>>
>>37233419
>between 6 and 8 nothing happens
some days/weeks ago some anon posted first the meme graph about that and then another anon posted the actual academic paper with a nice graph showing that, as a matter of fact, between 6 and 8 reps you make no gains
/r/equesting at least one of those two images (I could reverse search in the archives starting from the meme image)
>>
>>37233557
>between 6 and 8 reps you make no gains

I've been doing 5-8 reps my whole life and look better than 90% of /fit/ but hey whatever floats your boat
>>
>>37233851

No, it's 7 reps, exactly, that's worthless. If you do 5, you're good. If you do 6, you're good. If you do 7, you had BETTER fucking do 8 or the entire set is wasted.
>>
Someone tldr for me because I really don't give a fuck
>>
>>37234074

Doing fewer reps with heavier weight is usually better than doing many reps with lighter weight.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.