[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scotland the Brave
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Scotbros - where do you lift?

I lift in a busy but cheap commercial gym in the centre of Edinburgh. You can see me doing heavier deadlifts than 90 percent of the people there, but struggling like fuck with squats.

What about you lads.
>>
i'm in edinburgh too. i used to be a member at david lloyd but fuck the prices, the shit PTs, the hostile clientele, the ban on dropping the bar and everything else about that money grubbing shithole.

now i have a home gym and i work out in there happily.

also, is it just me or is this country especially weak? i've never seen anyone benching more than 100kg.
>>
>>37220883
'thegym' in glasgow city center, its ok for a skinnyfat dyel like myself I guess
>>
>>37220942

David Lloyd seems to be full of tanned estate agent pricks trying to be on Geordie Shore as well desu. Decent cheap gyms are hard to come by in this country for sure if they arent crowded.

Did you ever try the Uni gym though before setting up yourself? I think for non students it works out about 20 a month and its absolutely exceptional. Dedicated oly room plus two other rooms full of lifting equipment. Plus climbing wall and circuit gym etc. Shame its too far from my flat and work to be convenient now.

As for your other point (I can only bench 90 lol) I agree. The onlt guys lifting heavy or trying to lift heavy are Eastern Europeans.
>>
>>37220958

Yeah I use "The Gym" in Edinburgh. I can only go after work and its so fucking busy with idiots. I was expecting chalk and all that stuff to be banned though, I was quite surprised when I found out it wasn't.
>>
In Warsaw at an MMA gym. I just go there to lift because it's close to work. Shits cool, rarely see any women or idiots so it's easy to focus.
>>
>>37221012
i used to go to edinburgh uni but i live far away from it and it would take me like an hour to get there from my house, so its just not practical to waste 2 hours travelling there. but the gym is exceptional.

i'm all good with my own setup. i built myself a rack and pull up bar and got myself a bench, dumbbells, olympic bar and plenty weight. all i do is compounds anyway so i need nothing else. and its free, and only about 10 steps away.
>>
It must be nice to live in a place that respects oats.
>>
>>37221026
No chalk at mine, small free weight sections, massive floor space all spammed with machines and treadmills, lots of qts though so always something to look at
>>
>>37221050

Sounds cool man. I live on the third floor above a blind woman who's hearing I assume is amazing so anything other than door frame chins, and light stuff with my crap standard bar is out the question.

>>37221090

Only old people still eat porridge here unfortunately. Everyone else goes to Pret a Manger.
>>
>>37221113
the scots porridge oats man is pretty much a national hero. i'd behind this

what other country shows adverts about a built guy living on a diet of oats and lifting all day?
>>
>>37220883
Implying ppl lift in scotland..
>>
>>37220958
>>37221026
>The gym
Also are you that faggot that keeps shitposting on the Edinburgh Yik Yak?
>>
Pure Gym on Bath Street in Glasgow.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.