[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Motivate me to stop smoking please /fit/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 487x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 487x300
This is probably my ninth attempt. I feel awful and all I want to do it smoke, please motivate me not to and yes I'm a total faggot for starting during adolescence and thinking I was so cool inhaling carcinogens.
>>
Everytime you feel like smoking; punch yourself in the nuts. Soon enough you won't want to smoke anymore.
>>
Just cut back. I went from a few smokes before bed to not even really needing them anymore.

You could also try looking for something stupid you want but would never buy and only save for it with cigarette money.
>>
>>37217823
I switched to vape for a couple years before quitting altogether back in December. Definitely made it easier.
>>
>>37217823
I suggest vaping. I vape currently. Sure, it isn't as fulfilling as a cig, but it's able to give you that nicotine fix you desire and can help you weed yourself off cigs altogether.

May appear faggy to some but you're not inhaling tobacco and god knows what other 3000 chemicals into your lungs and risking some latent genetic disorders from popping up.

Got crohns disease from smoking. Now I have to eat a strict diet (helps with fitness) but god damn my insides if I eat too much burger or fats.
>>
Motivate yourself faggot

Stop making these threads
>>
Just fucking do it.
If you want to, you can with ease.
Just don't smoke, and after the first few days, it'll be easy.
>>
>>37217823
>Toothpicks make sure your hands have something to do in the direction of your mouth
>Learn to hate the smell of tabacco
>Spend less time with people that smoke
>Smoke as much ciggarettes in a row as you can (will make you puke and feel fucking sick)
>Check how much damage smoking has done to your condition by running for example
All you need is a strong mindset and some tricks to help you out
>>
>>37217823
Did you smoke menthol or regular? I've quit cold turkey a few times, each time was for over a year and I got back into it because I would get drunk and think "One won't hurt", buy a pack, and then justify smoking the whole pack because what the fuck else was I going to do with it?

I suggest this : If smoking menthol, every time you want a cig, just grab a mint. You'll forget about the craving in less than 5 minutes. I was chowing down mints like a mad man for ~3 days and then I was fine. Just had one or 2 every few hours after that, since, for me, the first 3 days are the worst, and if you can make it through that, every day gets easier.

If you smoke regular : I assume you like bland or bitter shit. Grab a pack of Big Red gum and just chew that every time you want a cig? Or just go out sucking dick every time you have a craving.

The hardest part isn't stopping for me. It's staying away after I've been done for a while. It's kinda stupid, but I end up missing smoking and thinking I'm "missing out". I always end up regretting it. Gotta quit for good now though. I've got a nasty disease that can get worse and bring on other shit if I continue smoking, and what I've got is already bad enough. Gonna stop completely on Friday.
>>
>>37221109
>I'm gonna change X part of my life Y days from now

Not gonna make it bro
>>
>>37217823
Every time you light up, ask yourself if this is the cigarette that's going to irreversibly trigger the decline of your health and ultimately kill you. Really visualize it. Worked for me.

That and invest in a good vape. Talking like, 75 plus.
>>
>>37217823
Nigga if i could blow smoke in the shape of skulls, i wouldnt ever quit
>>
>>37218474
>weed yourself off
Right...
>>
>>37217823
your not cool
>>
>>37217823
Imagine that the cigarette is a penis.

Stop sucking penis.
>>
>>37219391
Nigga have ever been adicted to smoking. There comes a point where you shut down and cant think about anything but.
>>
some tips that helped me:

>tell all your friends that you wanna quit. if they offer you a cigarette in this time, you should end your friendship. i mean it.

>don't go out at all for the first 3-4 weeks, no not even cinema. stay inside and watch a movie instead

>always remember that it will only get easier from here on. not smoking will feel natural after just 1 month

>think one day at a time,. a month is just a series of days
>>
>>37217823
I've been using 2mg nicotine gum for the past week. It seems to be working pretty well.
>>
How do ppl get addicted to cigs, ive been smoking like a pack every month since i was 18, often with several months in between. I mean they're a nice luxury in moderation but if i go overboard i just feel sick
>>
>>37221155
I'm choosing that day because that's when I get to pick up my prescriptions. The meds I take make the cravings stronger, but will help the process overall. At the very least, I'll be able to sleep.
>>
>>37217823
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUb9f6jr_i4

scooby and guest on smoking.

honestly man. you got it. 'cause as long as you try, you will succeed. it just takes a little time for some people.
>>
File: justdoit.jpg (105 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
justdoit.jpg
105 KB, 1920x1080
JUST DO IT
>>
>>37221772
Yeah, 1 pack A MONTH. When people start out smoking, and if they enjoy it, they smoke more than that. When I first started, A pack would last me like 4 days. Then it slowly went down to 2. And then to buying a pack every day. It got to the point that I would smoke 2 packs if I was drinking or having a drug night. Now I've been rolling them myself and haven't been keeping track of my daily intake, but it's about a pack and a half a day on average.

You won't get addicted to cigs by smoking less than 1 a fucking day on average, especially with months in between. How old are you now? 18 and a half? Do you believe that "Doing X once is what makes people addicted! Never do X because you'll become addicted and die!!" bullshit? Addiction is built, it's not immediate.
>>
Do what I did OP. Switch to chew. Wait until you can see the bones of your jaw through your gums, have a panic attack, and swear off forever.
>>
>>37219391

Spoken like a true 12 year old.
>>
File: 1432709640739.jpg (69 KB, 518x514) Image search: [Google]
1432709640739.jpg
69 KB, 518x514
There is no better motivation than actually feeling pain in the lung.
I stopped smoking last year when i felt my lung feels weird.
>>
>>37217823
I stopped smoking a few years ago (cold turkey) by reading a book called "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" by Allen Carr.

I know it sounds like bullshit, but give it a try. It costs like $8 on amazon.
>>
>>37221265
This. Smoked for 15 years or more and tried to quit at least three different times. Started vaping and have been cigarette free for a year now. Weaned myself down on the nicotine level and now I rarely vape with nicotine at all. Also you don't need to spend 75 bucks. Get an aspire kit from vapenw or some other site for 25-35 bucks. I went through a couple different brands and theirs have been the most reliable and the easiest to find coils for. Read up a little on the subject. Don't start with sub-ohm stuff as you go through juice like crazy and it's made for juice with a much lower nicotine content.
>>
>>37217823
Realize that it adds little value to your life at a relatively high cost.

I quit by gradually reducing the number of them by the day. After you get down to 1 a day, start smoking half of one (literally cut it in half so you don't cheat on this). One day you'll surprise yourself by forgetting to smoke your wretched halfie.

After you get to that point, it's easy. Those last half-ciggs start tasting like shit. Then you'll see the Matrix and realize what a load of bullshit it is to pay for something that makes you stink and cough.
>>
>>37217823
You want to lose your fucking gains? Keep smoking. You want to get fucking lung cancer and sound like a goddamn man with his vocal cords ripped out? Keep smoking. You want to be out of breath during your fucking warm up sets? Keep smoking. You want to not have girls mirin your nice teeth and breath? Keep smoking. If you want to actually accomplish something in your life then stop fucking smoking. Simple as that, keep smoking, never gonna make it brah.
>>
>>37217823
If youve been smoking for a long time, it all comes down to routine
Long drive?
Break time?
Stressed?
After eating?
For me, it was routine, so try and think of something else to do when you spark one.
Also, get a vape
>>
There is motivation.
There is knowledge.
Knowledge is power.
Learn about how you get cancer. Learn how smoking increases the risk of getting cancer. Learn about the other health risks. Learn about why you even smoke in the first place.
Then transcend the illusion.
I tried over and over until I LEARNED, and then it clicked. And now, even though I am around smokers 24/7, its the last thing I want. They are truly nasty.
>>
File: 1361511001357.jpg (55 KB, 700x510) Image search: [Google]
1361511001357.jpg
55 KB, 700x510
>>37217823

Start smoking one cigarette less than you usually do, every half a week or week. Do until you've reached 0. That worked for me. I used to smoke a pack of ciggies a day, my friends made a joke that that was the reason I was dark lol (I'm a mulatto). Started puking every time I smoked my first cigarette of the day, my body was trying so much to get rid of the poison inside of me. Disgusting.
>>
File: P_20160519_004301_1.jpg (964 KB, 2304x2064) Image search: [Google]
P_20160519_004301_1.jpg
964 KB, 2304x2064
>>37223262
Not OP, but reading right now, 40 pages in. Very good stuff. I'm somewhat confident I will quit by the time I finish it and be able to lace up these running shoes finally.
>>
>>37223722
From the thumbnail I thought the book was like a cardboard tag connecting the two shoe's laces, so you would have to deliberately break the "stop smoking" sign to lace up and go, like you could only get healthy when you actually quit.
>>
>>37223772
>00
wow u sure are a retard eat shit
>>
>>37223870
Honestly don't know why you're quoting two zero's right now, is this a meme I missed or is it too late for me to get an obvious joke?
>>
Start long distance running. It helped me quit when I found out how useless it made me.
>>
>>37223441
This is perfect advice. I personally don't have a desire to quit anymore, but I have quit a couple times before with different methods and this is the way to do it. It's pretty hard to just put 'em down and walk away, so taper off and try not to think about it too hard either. You don't want to obsess over quitting, you'll just make it harder on yourself.
>>
>>37221109
They really should sell singles in gas stations and convenience stores as well as those fucking blunts and cigarillos.
>>
>>37224178
It's actually not that bad, I know this sounds like complete shit, but if you kind of, alter your breathing technique, it's still possible to run long distances/bike/etc. while smoking. I have smoked for about 8 years and I also bike everywhere and run occasionally. If you take slower, more measured breaths, you can essentially perform just as well at cardio. I guess breathing like that is probably not as good, but somehow it works.
>>
>>37217823
Stop cold turkey. That's how I did it. Throw away all your cigarettes, lighters or matches (unless you need them for other shit) and don't buy anymore. If you have friends who smoke, it's harder, since they'll might offer you one. If that's the case always decline. If you're still young your body will have regenerated to a normal stage and your chancer for lung cancer will be pretty much normal again. Do it. If I could do it so can you.
>>
>>37221725
>don't go out at all for the first 3-4 weeks
You can still smoke home. I'm sorry that you're underage and/or still live with your parents.
>>
I live in canada and what got me to quit smoking was the damn price of a pack of cigarettes, I was smoking 2 and a half packs a day which was costing me almost 30$ a day

I haven't had one in almost 4 months now and don't want one because they cost way too much

>tfw adding up 28 dollars a day over the course of a month got me to quit instantly
>>
>>37217823
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad9yaJUVk_4
the end rly hit me
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.