[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Married fitbros:. Do you wear your ring to the gym? Unmarried
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 16
File: IMG_20160518_124924.jpg (3 MB, 4160x3088) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160518_124924.jpg
3 MB, 4160x3088
Married fitbros:. Do you wear your ring to the gym?

Unmarried fitbros, would you?

Should I?
>>
File: 1463031722485.jpg (24 KB, 284x253) Image search: [Google]
1463031722485.jpg
24 KB, 284x253
No because it fucks up my grip

>homegym master race
>>
If i was married I would like the idea of my husband wearing his ring everywhere, but I know that isn't realistic and I would not care if he took it off before going to the gym. Do whatever you want.
>>
Terrible idea, not safe.
>>
i do sometimes
Its fucked up now due to that
>>
>Taking your marriage ring off
Haha what?

Americans...
>>
I wouldn't wear it. It'll fuck with grip and it terrifies what would happen if the bar slips and bulls it down along with it.
>>
Lol why would you wear a ring to tell people that you're married like "hello women! No I'm not on the sexual market!" Lol
>>
no, I don't wear it.

Stupid to wear it really. The bar is hard enough to scratch it unless you are wearing tungsten. And it could injure your hands.
>>
>>37215679
So your wife doesnt fucking twat u
>>
>>37215621
>wear ring
>deadlift
>grip fails
>bar slips
>catches ring
>rips off finger
no thanks
>>
File: Screenshot_20160518-125925.png (2 MB, 1399x1398) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160518-125925.png
2 MB, 1399x1398
>>37215679
Do you know any women at all? Women hound after the married man dick.
>>
Take it off in the car before going in and put it back on in the car. Definitely don't take it into the gym at all. Wash your hands before leaving the gym and putting it back on.
>>
>>37215621

do yourself a favor and don't. eventually time's gonna take its toll and fuck up your ring.
>>
>>37215621
I wear it in but slip it over my ear bud wires so it sits onto power of the phone and jack.
>>
File: Snip20150821_1.png (834 KB, 1075x735) Image search: [Google]
Snip20150821_1.png
834 KB, 1075x735
>>37215712
That's why I wear a fake ring around college. It always lures in girls who ask if I'm married and then I turn around and tell them "no its an engagement ring" or "no its a promise ring". Then next thing you know they're all over me because they want to play homewrecker. Little do they know there is no home being wrecked and I'm getting free pussy with minimal effort.
>>
I always forget to take it off so I tie it into my shoelace (inside the top eyelet so it can't fall off if the lace unties)
>>
>>37215712
fukken this, women are scummy creatures and will flock to someones elses man like flies to shit., it's almost magical.
>>
Just google degloved finger
>>
i wear a silicone ring for the gym and work.
>>
>>37215697
Just put it on when she's around. Women are stupid
>>
you can wear it on a string around your neck
>>
>>37215657
This, I only take it off for main bb lifts so it doesn't get fucked up or hurt me.

>>37215671
Stfu third world shit stain nogf
>>
>>37215777
Lol got caught doing that
>>
>>37215621
>being cuckslave to one woman
low test detected
>>
>>37215712
Just got married and will be soon seeing if this is true. Got low expectations. Pretty sure its equivalent to /fit/ mirin threads
>make 1 second incidental eye contact with grill
>post mirin thread
>10/10 all over me wanted to fuq but I'm faithful to my wife brehs
>>
>>37215621
>>37215636
>>37215657
>>37215688
>>37215733
>>37215748
>>37215807

>2016
>falling for the marriage meme
>>
>>37215829
Just put a ring on your finger and walk around town. You don't have to be married to do that.
>>
>>37215865
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>37215621
I have a neck chain. I take my ring off my finger and puts it on my chain. I think it looks cute, but you need to actually be confident and not be DYEL to pull it off.

It's only a problem for OHP, so I have to put the ring on the portion of the chain that's on my neck for them.

My wife loved to see I do this when I brought her to the gym. I think it's some kind of property/pride thing. Felt good desu.
>>
>>37215763
> women are scum who flock to things other people like

Yeah, for sure. But wait until you start trying to run a business and have to deal with investors. Those fuckers make even the worst gold digging home wrecking cunt look like a saint. Like, if you're a piece of shit nobody with focus, a bit of skill, and a lot of motivation, you can go up to a woman and she'll in general at the very minimum put you in the friend zone and be responsive to you.

Investors, in the other hand, will pretend "omg we're meant for each other, let's work together", but then completely go radio silent if you're not already making it. And when you do start making, they suddenly start contacting you abs pretending you were best of friends all alone... when in fact they couldn't care less about mutual profit and just want to drain you for all you're worth.
>>
>>37215769
Kek
>>
I've been married two years. I started lifting a year ago and I can tell you it is NOT advisable to wear your ring when working out. It doesn't affect grip from what I can tell, but I can tell you that your ring WILL break under the pressure between your hand and the bar. I bought my ring from a reputable retailer, it wasn't a cheap peice of shit. One day I was deadlifting and the ring snapped while I was lifting the bar. It didn't cost me anything because it was under warranty but it was a pain in the ass getting it fixed. I always take my ring off during gym now, not worth the hassle.
>>
File: 1454552046828.jpg (179 KB, 1069x1280) Image search: [Google]
1454552046828.jpg
179 KB, 1069x1280
>>37215865
>>
File: ring.jpg (166 KB, 585x1040) Image search: [Google]
ring.jpg
166 KB, 585x1040
Hell no I don't wear it. Mine is relatively thick so it would completely mess my grip up. Add the potential for having your finger de-gloved and there's basically no reason to wear it to the gym.

If your wife gets bitchy about it just show her Google image results of "degloved finger" and maybe that'll make her understand.

Pic related, my ring.
>>
>>37215621

I used to, but then I lost 50 pounds, and one day it flew off my finger and rolled under a treadmill
>>
I wear it on a chain around my neck and have a tattoo of her name where my ring usually rests
>>
>>37215621
i don't.
grip sucks and it will scratch the ring.
i just leave it at home.
sometimes I forget and i just tie it to my headphones or the cord in my pants.
>>
>not being proud of your marriage wherever you go

non-ring wearers never gonna make it.
>>
>>37216133

>googled
>oh wow
>>
>>37216256
I can almost tell she sucks niggerdick behind your back
>>
>>37215621
I take it off.

D E V I L I S H
E
V
I
L
I
S
H
>>
>>37215621
Id never get married bro
First and foremost you need a girl who isnt completely up her own ass to do so and secondly you need to trust her
Even if you have these impossible things its still not a good idea in any shape, way or form
>>
>>37216368
>>37215865
>>37215826
You get married to have kids, and yes, it's a trade-off between that and sexual adventuring. Marrying just because you like that pussy is retarded, but if you get to the point where you want to reproduce, you'll want to find a girl who you share values with and are proud enough of to want her to contribute half of the genetic material for your offspring. Then you say bye-bye to Tinder or whatever you kids do these days and put your energy into being the man that your son wants to grow up to be.

Pro tip: this becomes MUCH easier when you've already had enough experience with girls that they mostly just seem annoying and you realize that even hot ones aren't aesthetic.
>>
>>37216313

nerdy as fuck, tbqh. half dinosaur bone half meteorite.
>>
>>37216531
>falling for the children meme
>>
>>37216531
>Pro tip: this becomes MUCH easier when you've already had enough experience with girls that they mostly just seem annoying and you realize that even hot ones aren't aesthetic.
Maybe you should get out of the closet already senpai.
>>
>>37216564
if you had a good childhood you'd want to experience that relationship from the parent side. Sorry you were born into a nest of mediocrity and bitterness instead.
>>
>>37215621
Married here. I don't wear it to the gym, for all the reasons already covered up-thread.

I also don't wear it to the bar after work. Or to the AMP. Or...
>>
>>37215621
I take mine off for pulls, but that's it.

On OHP or Bench the weight of the bar isn't on the ring. Not only is there no interference with grip, but the knurling won't mar the ring either. Pulling from the floor is different, and it's easy to scratch or warp a soft ring that way.

I don't completely understand the fear of degloving injuries from lifting with a ring. There is no realistic way the thing will get caught on a barbell or dumbell.
>>
>>37215646
Qalo ring
>>
>>37216531
mate, Hell will freeze over and hold the goddamn winter olympics before i find a girl i can trust or even fucking relate to
Would i like kids? yes, it breaks my heart that i cant to be honest because i love kids and having a family was always a dream of mine because a home doesnt feel like a home without a family
However, can i find a girl i can trust? nope
Can i find any girl willing to commit? All kinds of no
Im loving the fact that some people say "oh it will happen eventually"...what the hell are you people smoking and can i have some?
its like saying you will start a milion dollar company some day, you know...one of thouse unavoidable things bound to happen in every persons life
>>
>>37216572
>he still thinks girls are people
>he doesn't see them as possessions and a means of production
Wew and you're calling the married guy gay.
>>
>>37216628
My wife's a conservative doctor with an Ivy League education. I'm not trolling.

Step your own game up and you'll have access to better girls. Isn't that what all y'all are on this board for?
>>
Married 2 years.. I don't wear it. It won't fuck with your grip but it will give you callouses. Plus it scratches it very deep. My wife goes with me and doesn't mind.
>>
I used to be married.

Tbh senpai, I hardly ever wore my ring. I don't give a fuck.

>probably why i'm divorced now kek
>>
>being married
>in 2016

HahahahahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

looking forward to all you married cucks acting high and mighty itt coming back to /fit in five years and making greentexy feels threads after she cheats on you, dovorces you, takes half your shit and any nasty little brats you've spawned

just know that I'll be drinking in your suffering
>>
>>37216700
Divorce rates go down drastically as the education levels and wealth of the partners go up. Sorry about your prole status.
>>
>>37216673
>My wife's a conservative doctor with an Ivy League education.
Alright, here goes
Are you suggesting higher educated women are better in some way relationship wise? Its quite the opposite, higher social class has been linked to unethical behavoir and being a female is VERY linked to unethical behaviour

Im not busting my ass through college and working a high merit part time job trying to land a well paying job while still managing my own health with lifting and hobbies to get fucked over by some educated chick
>>
>>37216723
[citation needed]
>>
>>37216723

See you in five years, cuck.
>>
I always did, until my wife divorced me a few months ago. She left me because "I got in shape and she couldn't handle the fear that I might cheat on her with how good I look now." We were always super fatties, and I dropped 120 pounds while she did...nothing. She left me for another fatty. Oh well. 9 years of my life down the shitter.
>>
>>37216700
>2016
>Women have better education and more money on average
>I cheat on my wife on a weekly basis

Stay beta when I divorce her in 10 years while still banging young bitches and take half her shit
>>
>>37216728
Kek it's exactly the opposite thoug when it comes to marriage. Education and income are both correlated with more stable marriages. Sorry you're afraid of rich people or whatever but the data is on my side.

I wasn't even saying that though. I was just saying that I know her well and trust her as much as I'll trust any woman in addition to her being accomplished.

>Im not busting my ass through college and working a high merit part time job trying to land a well paying job while still managing my own health with lifting and hobbies to get fucked over by some educated chick
The real problem is that you wouldn't do that for your own sake.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 263x396) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 263x396
>>37215865
>>2016
>>falling for the marriage meme
>>
>>37216734
>>37216728
http://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2013/article/marriage-and-divorce-patterns-by-gender-race-and-educational-attainment.htm
>>
>>37216782
>The data is on my side.
Im gonna agree with an above poster and say [citation needed]
Still doesnt really count for shit in my case, i dont trust women as far as i can sneeze.
They will fuck you over, her being smart just means you wont see it coming

>The real problem is that you wouldn't do that for your own sake.
Im ONLY doing it for me mate, i believe i said so in the first post i made i dont trust girls to do anything but break hearts and fuck guys over so why the everloving fuck would i engage in a multiyear plan to improve life only to get my heart pulled out of my ass regardless?
i do things for me, i dont give a shit about women. plenty of other guys they can play with and break instead
>>
>>37216787
>numale calling out someone else for fedora
kek
>>
>>37216845
>>37216800
>>
>>37216858
Seems youre right, cant be arsed to crunch the numbers on p-values right now but there does seem to be a significant correlation between education and..."non-divorce"?
Still doesnt change my opinion, i dont trust women and while i do believe statistics many, many more statistics tell me women are bad news and thats just the tip of the ice berg when it comes to the women problem

This still also leaves the whole marriage is a bad thing. Even if the stars align and hell freezes over so i can actually find a girl and i lose my goddamn mind so im stupid enough to trust her i can just stay in a long term relationship with her
At that point ive already given her a loaded gun and pointed it to my head, i dont need to help her pull the trigger too
>>
>>37215621
Entirely up to you. I used to wear it there and take it off before doing anything. Now, because I lift at home, I take it off before I start and put it back on when I finish. If you don't take it off you'll get a callous on the pad of your hand below your ring finger and it's only a matter of time before it'll get warped and/or damaged
>>
>>37215621

I have a thin steel chain that I wear it on when I lift. It goes on as soon as I'm done with any exercises where I grip metal. My wife thinks it's hilarious because I'm not at all Italian and her mom's side of the family is all Brooklyn Italians; I look like a total guido with the chain.
>>
>>37215738

I didn't do this as a technique, but I can definitely say that women (especially the very attractive) became a lot more flirtatious with me after I got married.
>>
>>37217692
I think alot of guys think this and its prolly because either:
(i) Girls feel "safer" acting flirty with you since youre taken and prolly wont expect anything in return for the flirting
(ii) you act more confident and interpret more behaviour as flirty since you arent searching anymore
>>
>>37216599

Whenever someone tells me they don't want kids, I automatically assume their relationship with one or more likely both of their parents was and remains deeply broken.
>>
>>37215621
I have a tattoo of my ring under my ring so that when I'm in situations where I can't wear it like gym or work, people will still know. The meaning of the ring remains unchanged whether it is on my finger or not.

>inb4 whipped
>inb4 jamal
>I'm jamal
>>
>>37217731
>Whenever someone tells me they don't want kids,
You met women lately?
>>
>>37217718

I assume it's a combination, but moreso the latter. I would also add that there's a major confound of men being relationships are, by definition, relationship material. I'm more (in no particular order) aesthetic, advanced in my career, and emotionally mature at 28 than I was at 22. I'd be getting more mires now than 6 years ago regardless of whether I had met someone I wanted to marry and done so or not.

Though I will say, there was a clear shift once I had the ring.
>>
>>37215865
Underageb8 detected
>>
>>37217776

As I said, I assume their relationship with one or more likely both of their parents was and remains deeply broken. I would say that describes most women under 30 (and many over 30 for that matter).

The ones with good parents are now either parents themselves, or in stable relationships and will likely become parents in the next five years.
>>
File: 1406641435983.jpg (112 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1406641435983.jpg
112 KB, 960x720
>>37215621

>tfw get wife into fitness after bearing my children
>tfw she's making progress starting to look like before kids and feel even better
>tfw we sometimes take turns going to the gym when we can't get a babysitter
>tfw she left her ring at home last time...
>>
>>37217795
Im doing well in my career, lifting and emotional maturity and ive been engaged. It didnt change anything for me
Id love to do an official study on the subject frankly because its interesting if there is any truth to this
>>
I take mine off. I plan in just getting it tattooed one day and never having to worry about it
>>
File: ringfinger-urbaniak.jpg (42 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
ringfinger-urbaniak.jpg
42 KB, 500x400
One word: De-gloving.
>>
>>37217818
Well, i cant refute this
Good talk bro
>>
File: 1283603757092.gif (1 MB, 260x146) Image search: [Google]
1283603757092.gif
1 MB, 260x146
>>37217854
>>
Degloving your finger is a thing OP.

And don't try to search for that online
>>
>>37217857

If it's any consolation, the ones with bad relationships with their parents are usually into kinkier sex. Just make sure you wrap it up tight.
>>
>>37216531
Why the fuck would you need to get married to have kids?
Everyone thinks to think marriage is the ultimate pact to be made between couples, to "confirm" their love and relationship, even if the fuckers have been together for a decade.
It's a ceremony with an exchange of fucking rings, as if it's some magically contract that cements people's love for each other.
I see no good reason for a man to get married, it's an unnecessary bind that can cripple his status both economically, socially and mentally, at the leisure of the woman. It's letting someone hold power over you for no gain
>>
>>37217963
Everyone seems to think*
>>
>>37217795
Not anyone you were talking to. But it's definitely the "relationship material" thing.

They know that if you're married, someone must've married you. Someones family likes you. Someone is planning to make you the father of their children etc.

It saves them the effort of trying to work out whether you have good qualities or not, because someone else already did the work for you.

Imagine you are hungry for pizza. There are two pizza places infront of you. One has a big queue and loads of people eating pizza in it. And the other is empty. No queue.

Assuming you have the ability to skip the queue and flirt your way to get a pizza instantly from either pizza place. What would your preference be?

You're gonna pick the one that has higher chance of tasting good and not being disgusting. Which is obviously the one everyone else likes too.
>>
>>37217934
nah, women arent worth the trouble
>>
>>37215621
>Tired of getting hit on by gay guys at my gym (Murrican in Europe land)
>Go buy a cheap wedding ring and string it on my headphone cable, so it's visible, but not in my way (as in my hand)
>Now women go out of their way to hit on me

My point being take it off and get it out of sight.
>>
>>37217984
Im not the guy you replied to
This glosses over alot of things which might factor in which influences choice but this is a grossly oversimplified explanation
>>
>>37216564
With that attitude we would be off this planet in 100 years tops. And I don't mean it as we would go space traveling.
>>
>>37216628
Sounds like you have trust issues.
No girl wants your damaged goods anyways.
>>
>>37215646
Gold is quite plastic. It would get destroyed during deadlifts. I would wear a ring for you everywhere tho, if such was your desire, baby.
>>
Would it be queer to wear my deceased fathers wedding band on my right ring finger?
>>
>>37218077

Oversimplified, but not entirely wrong. When I was new to my current city, I would always get Indian food from this place down the street from my apartment. One day I was walking in a different part of town with some friends and I noticed an Indian place that was PACKED with Indian people. We went in and had to wait to be seated (the other place is usually busy but no wait) but the food was well worth it. I stopped going to the one near me and now mostly go to this other place. The selectivity of other people is a useful tool in a number of social applications.
>>
>>37218123
>No girl wants your damaged goods anyways.
Oh no, how will i ever live my life now?
Seriously, ive heard girls say they act like they like guys only to break their hearts, ive heard girls fucking brag about how them dumping a guy got him put on suicide watch
I frankly dont care and i believe i said so too, there are tons of guys out there girls can play with and break beside me. not like i need a girl for anything(except if i want to feel bad about myself)
>>
>>37217963
>Everyone thinks to think marriage is the ultimate pact to be made between couples, to "confirm" their love and relationship, even if the fuckers have been together for a decade.
It's your own idiot fault for caring what "everyone" think about something that's written down in legal code that you can read and evaluate for yourself. It's a contract that offers benefits to a couple, particularly one raising children together. It implies some sharing and distribution of duties, so there is also some risk you take on.

Other people being irrational doesn't mean you have to be irrational in the other direction.
>>
>>37218176
I'm sorry you don't feel like you deserve quality.
>>
>>37218218
There is no quality to be had in women, simple as that
>>
>>37217829
Sorry about your cuckening, Anon.
>>
>>37216723
in other words, keep making that bread so your wife can spend it all, or she'll leave :^)
>>
>>37216975
i agree with you mate
>>
>>37218703
She'll end up snuffing him for the insurance when they're older.
>>
>>37218180
I don't care what "everyone" thinks, I care that marriage is detrimental to most men. What does it matter that the relationship is written down in "legal code" (whatever this means, friend) that doesn't bring it anymore merit.

What exactly are these benefits, and do they outweigh the risk that men run when getting married?
>>
>>37218855
>What exactly are these benefits, and do they outweigh the risk that men run when getting married?

exactly, they are none, like i guess you pay less taxes or some shit? but at what cost? Possibly being destroyed both materially and emotionally
>>
>>37215646
What if he wears it like a necklace when he goes to the gym?
>>
>>37219005
u wanna look like frodo?
>>
>>37218855
>legal code" (whatever this means, friend)
Now that we've established that you're semi-literate...

Let me Google that for you buddy.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kateashford/2014/09/26/deciding-not-to-get-married/#46b4bf793626

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/marriage-rights-benefits-30190.html

Marriage essentially makes the partners one person in terms of taxation and other financial matters. Now this obviously includes some risk if they split up and one has more money or income, but if they don't split up, the financial benefits are numerous and substantial.
>>
>>37216564
>falling for le meme meme

God damn the internet went to shit after 2007
>>
>>37219472
These are benefits, yes. This, however, does not negate the precarious nature of marriage, at least not for me. I don't like someone being able to take half of what I own on a "whim"
>>
>>37219759
That's pretty beta. The whole point of the benefits is that you can provide the ultimate security for your children and mate. It also makes you responsible for doing so if your marriage is such that your wife takes time off of work to raise children and such. Like, how stupid would a woman have to be to deep-six her career without some assurance that she won't be on the streets if something happens to the marriage? It goes both ways.
>>
>>37218158
I don't see a problem with it, but why not just get a chain and put it on that? Then, when you get married, you can use it as your wedding ring. Pass it on to your children and start a family tradition.
>>
>>37215621
Been married 30 years. Very rarely take my rings off and never for the gym. Though I do wear gloves
>>
>>37219837
Why do you use gloves?
>>
>>37215621
Remember one thing, PRENUP. Other than that you can't really go wrong.
>>
>>37219860
To keep his hands nice and soft for prepping his bulls.
>>
>>37219794
A woman would be able to divorce someone, then regain security by marrying another man. You need only look at the amount of contemporary divorces, and the rate is on the rise, so apparently there are a lot of stupid women running around.

The beta-alpha dichotomy is very tiresome, and I'd just like you to know that reading it reflected poorly on you, in my view. Just a thought for the future
>>
>>37215621
google "gloving"

you're welcome
>>
>>37219960
Using "beta" as a descriptor doesn't imply a dichotomy.

>A woman would be able to divorce someone, then regain security by marrying another man
Well, no, that's pretty rare. Divorced and widowed women in ancient times were the lowest of the low because no man worth anything wanted them. The majority of men don't want goods that used today either.

That's not even what I was saying though. In most families, the wife makes room for the family in her career while the man makes fewer career sacrifices. This drives down the woman's earning potential pretty significantly and can even put her in a position where regaining decent employment would be very difficult. That's why we have such a thing as asset sharing and alimony.

>You need only look at the amount of contemporary divorces, and the rate is on the rise, so apparently there are a lot of stupid women running around.
I was saying they'd be stupid to get married if they couldn't get alimony if there was a divorce. That doesn't apply to the people you're talking about.

Please learn to read.
>>
marriage is kinda stupid in 2016, too much of a risk of losing half your shit.

but hey, good luck not losing everything. you'll need it. even if a bitch sleeps with another guy she still gets priority on custody.
>>
>>37215621
I take it off when actually lifting, As for wearing it to the gym, I don't think it matters if you have a safe locker, if not def leave it at home.
>>
File: 1458772164803.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1458772164803.gif
1 MB, 200x200
>>37216564
>children meme

I can see you have shit genes
>>
>>37219860
Extra grip, reduces callouses, habit ...
>>
>>37219860
>>37219870
Oh ... and this
>>
>>37218151
I'm a guy ;)
>>
>>37220041
You cannot be beta without there being alphas. It is all in relation to each other, so yes, it's a dichotomy.

I missed the point of your post, this is true. Slept rather poorly, so please excuse my lacking reading comprehension.

I think the major problem we're facing today, as opposed to the past, is that women no longer need marriage a and reliance on a provider, because they can now provide themselves.

Honestly, it feels like we're subverting our nature by trying to make men and women equal - they're not, in fact, equal. Women are becoming more like men and men are becoming more like women
>>
>>37220163
Something or someone can be "Beta" or "Alpha" in a given context without classifying everyone into "Betas" and "Alphas," if you see what I'm saying. The latter is a false dichotomy but the former is just two terms that give different meanings.

But you're right about the changing gender roles being factors in the divorce problem.
>>
>>37220080
>Leaving my genes with a shit house whore is a good idea.
>You live one life, your offspring are meaningless and are more likely to rebel against your ideals than follow them unless you abuse them into it in which case they are useless victims anyway.
>You dedicate your life to the next generation who think you and your ideas are shit,
You live a life everybody will laugh at/bad mouth because of le genetics meme.
Tell us more about how you aren't a brainwashed retard.
>>
>>37220232
Are you married, sir or madame?
>>
>>37219362
underrated post why am i laughing so hard

>instantly visualize everyone in gym watching Frodo walk up to the squat rack
>>
>getting married
>ever

Please, refer to this image
>>37221286
>>
>>37215958
Hello Frodo
>>
>>37215621
not safe
not comfortable
ring gets scratches

having ring on or off prevents nobody from cheating
>>
>>37215621

No, it messes with my grips and I don't want it to get scratched up on the grip points of barbells and dumbells
>>
>>37215621
I take it off for any BBH lift where I think it might rub. The ring is a cobalt alloy, so it's 'harder' than the barbell, but that doesn't mean it won't wear over time. I typically leave it on my cell phone next to me, because if I'm going to lose one I might as well lose both.
>>
>>37215621
Fucking callouses on palm right below my wedding ring.

(I take it off when I fuck my gym-bunny...)
>>
>>37221953
greentext gym-bunny situation please
>>
File: 1461113060564-fit.jpg (8 KB, 250x221) Image search: [Google]
1461113060564-fit.jpg
8 KB, 250x221
Got married recently and had this problem at hand
>first time back to lifting after honeymoon (hotel only had DB up to 40lbs and no bar so doesn't count)
>leg day
>squat with no problem
>calf raises no problem
>deadlift
>warmup set no problem
>another warmup set no problem
>working sets not a big problem, start to notice ring at this point kind of digging into my finger
>go for 1RM
>lockout
>"oh god oh god fuck fuck fuck shiiiiiiiiit"

Been wearing my ring on a string around my neck while training since then.
>>
>>37216152
kek
>>
>>37221297
I WILL SQUAT IT

Though... I do not know the form.
>>
>>37218923
That's why you marry someone who isn't a nut job. Plus pre nup.
Grill here, and tbqh, if I ever get married I plan on signing a pre nup so that just in case things fall apart, I get next to nothing. Wouldn't want all his stuff anyways. If the marriage was that bad I'd rather just cut it off and free myself rather than get tied up in messy divorce court.
>>
>>37217963

>profess your deepest love for this other person in front of family friends and peers
>take solemn oaths to each other to remain together
>vows often exchanged in the name of god (high power of whatever)
>exchange rings that you will wear for the majority of your time spent alive and presumably until your body decays once you die to symbolize the public profession of love and the oaths you have made

>just a sham
>>
>thread about wearing a wedding band while lifting turns into an MRA bonanza about marrying whores
>>
>>37222101
OP Here. I expected nothing less.
>>
>>37215621
I don't wear it when I lift because I don't want to fuck up my ring or my grip.

My gym is in my basement so...
>>
>>37215679

Because you're married. If you don't like the idea of being off the market, don't get married.
>>
Seems like a good way to get a nice knurling pattern imprinted onto your ring.
>>
>>37215679
For the unfortunate soul who you would wind up with, I hope you never get married
>>
>>37219759
Then don't marry someone who is below you in financial or social status. Also, women don't necessarily always get half of everything. Get a good lawyer

If they get custody of children, if any, child support is likely. But don't be a shitbag who doesn't have his shit together and who doesnt want to take equal care of his children and that can be avoidable too.
>>
Actually planning on asking my gf if she will marry me some time this year.

She is /fit/ and similar but not too similar to me.

>weighs 45kg, can snatch 50kg and is still upping weight

>>37222163
Set up a family trust
>>
>>37222163
>child support goes wholly and solely to the child

Man I'm not even an anti-marriage neckbeard but don't be naive
>>
All these lonely betas crying about not getting married. I honestly fucked more women since being married than my whole single life. Just have to be more secretive.
>>
>>37222076
AND MY AXE
>>
>>37216616
This. I have a Qalo silicone ring. $20 but it's worth it. I hardly wear my actual ring anymore.
>>
>>37218294
Literally never seen someone so angry that women don't want him.
So I take it you're gay?
>>
>>37222163
>child support goes solely to the child
>implying unless she's a crackwhore that she's not getting half
Wew lad
>>
rings are dangerous

dont wear em bros
>>
File: 1463245274230.jpg (12 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
1463245274230.jpg
12 KB, 325x325
>>37222200
Fuck you leddit faggot "oh hehe my meams :^) hehe" LITERALLY FUCK OFF THIS IS A FITNESS BOARD NOT A BOARD FOR YOUR SHITTY REDDIT MEMES
>>
>>37222267
Why the fuck would you marry a crack whore? Is that who's on your socioeconomic level?
>>
>>37222267
Child support is allotted to your spouse to be used for a child. If, in the eyes of the court, she doesn't need assistance in maintaining the lifestyle you provided for the children together then she won't receive child support.

>marry someone who makes roughly the same as you
>take equal care of the kids
>don't get a shit lawyer

It's not hard anon
>>
>>37222503
Has that ever happened?
>>
If a ring stops you from fucking other women, yall niggas got no game.

I've gotten 3x the pussy now that I'm "taken" than I ever did when I was single.
>>
>>37222099
You could do all those things, without a legal binding contract that denotes a marriage
>>
>>37222318
>Reading comprehension
>you

>>37222503
When has that ever been common in america, let anon the world?
>>
>>37217756
post bbc
>>
>>37222990
Don't be common, dipshit
>>
>>37215829
I think cues are being misinterpreted here.
>Woman sees wedding ring
>Doesn't bother being standoffish to avoid looking like she's down for it
>Married man thinks "Wow, women want to have sex with me now that I've got this ring"
>Confident married man has affair
>Loses wife, gets autism
>Sad.
>>
>>37217829
she just doesn't want her finger de-gloved anon.
>>
>>37222317
Essentially this.
>>
>>37215621
I have a chain that i wear my ring on at the gym and while doing other physical activities.
The whole lot goes in my pocket when I do squats though.
>>
File: cat.jpg (6 KB, 270x187) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
6 KB, 270x187
>>37222767
My girlfriend has 3 pussies too
>>
>>37215621
>climbing in abandonded house with friend because too poor to afford driving in the mountains for rock climbing
>we both wear rings
>he hangs from a steel construct and lets go so he can land on the ground beneath
>hear a loud bang
>we both freeze and watch in slowmotion how he tries to move the finger that isnt there anymore
>screams of agony
>blood
>hes hurt so bad he cramps on the floor and hits himself in the stomach with his healthy hand
>i can see his finger still hanging up there, the ring got caught in a screw
>i need to get this guy down 12 floors over an emergency ladder
>decide to leave the finger there because id need at least 1 hour to reach the steel construct
>we somehow make it to the hospital, the way there was the most horrible experience of my live

and thats why i dont wear rings anymore

In case you faggots dont believe me heres a video of me climbing some other building, have no pics of the dudes hand or the finger

https://vimeo.com/163167911 Pw: Bremen
>>
Not married but I wouldn't because I wouldn't want to damage it liftin heavy ass weight
>>
>>37220149
:* no homo tho
>>
>>37225596
>feed me you bastard
every cat ever
>>
File: 1452392135560.jpg (118 KB, 406x364) Image search: [Google]
1452392135560.jpg
118 KB, 406x364
>>37225616
>https://vimeo.com/163167911
the video's set to private
>>
>>37225616
>https://vimeo.com/163167911

you look and act like a pretentious cunt
>>
>>37215621
Nope
I dont wear it anywhere at all
>>
>>37215646

Wearing a wedding ring gets a man more female attention than not wearing a wedding ring. So if you want him to wear it as a 'mark' of your territory to ward off other chicks it's going to have the opposite effect.
>>
>>37215829
Its a meme
Most women are too insecure to compete with a married woman for a man
>>
>>37225616
cool vid
>>
>>37222552

My wife is an attorney for family courts and this happens all the time (she represents men and women about equally often, so both possibilities).
>>
>>37222888

Yeah, and you can get an education without a degree, too.
Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.