[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's up with Zinc? I just bought a bottle of 50mg zinc
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: zinc.jpg (28 KB, 255x460) Image search: [Google]
zinc.jpg
28 KB, 255x460
What's up with Zinc? I just bought a bottle of 50mg zinc gluconate (pic related) but now I read that that's way too much zinc, the upper limit being 40mg/day. What am I not getting? Why would they sell them in 50mg over the counter?

Anyone have zinc-related knowledge they can impart on me? First hand experience? Thanks.
>>
50mg/day is fine.
>>
>>37181779
Your body won't absorb 50mg of zinc, and might not even absorb 30mg of the 50mg zinc gluconate
>>
Go on examine . com and type in zinc. That's the upper limit for pure zinc I believe. Different forms of zinc (ie zinc gluconate) have different absorption. Don't take too much though, I ODd on zinc once. Not fun. If you ever do, drink milk.
>>
>>37181816
What happened?
>>
Is there a way to get myfitnesspal to track zinc btw? I don't see it anywhere.
>>
>>37181796
The back of the bottle says

"Each tablet contains:
Elemental Zinc (Gluconate) ...... 50mg"

I think it means it has 50mg of straight up Zinc? Right?
>>
You'll know when you've taken enough or you don't need as much zinc when you have strong headaches after intake. They're not fun famicom
>>
>tfw zinc nightmares

drink that shit in the morning only!
>>
>>37182101
What if you take zma?
>>
>>37182101
I like them. They're weird as fuck though
>>
>>37182150

same shit, use only in the morning, I had the scariest nightmares in my life while taking zinc, I would take it few hours before bed. jesus christ, it was like dreaming hell. I was too scared to go back to sleep. then I started to take them when I woke up and everythig got fine
>>
gotta eat the zinc to get the pink, that's what I say
>>
Weirdest thread ever

Fever dreams are the scariest I've ever experienced
>>
File: 1297897769517.jpg (322 KB, 600x590) Image search: [Google]
1297897769517.jpg
322 KB, 600x590
>>37182189
>I had the scariest nightmares in my life while taking zinc

Holy fuck, this. It was like a horror film inside my head every night until I stopped.
>>
Big fan of ZMA as it contains the 3 vitamins/minerals most people are already deficient in. Victor Conte suggests that Zinc is the most anabolic of all minerals but then he would, as the main producer of ZMA since the 80s or so. I never experienced zinc nightmares but then again I never really dream so I can't comment on that. Noticed great sleep quality improvements and it seemed to work really well for me with creatine though I can't explain why. Tl;Dr - ZMA is pretty cool

>>37181846
No because the community probably won't log it and its pretty damn hard to get a zinc reading on whole foods

>>37181779
10mg isn't going to make a noticeable difference as far as I'm ware, just don't megadose it and Vitamin K yourself
>>
>>37181779
OP i track my stuff daily so I started breaking my zinc pills in half, I was getting too much also. Hope that helps.
>>
>>37182744
I've been taking zinc for a while now and I haven't experienced any nightmares at all...
>>
>>37182884
same here, no nightmares
>>
>>37181779
What does zinc do? Also, since we're on the topic of supplements, how much does magnesium help?
>>
>>37182942
Personally I take both for testosterone
>>
>>37181779
What's the point in taking Zinc in the first place? Genuinely curious
>>
>>37183078
Have you noticed any difference since you started taking them?
>>
Zinc makes you horny as fuck, would recommend taking it morning/night before dates in addition to the benefits it gives for fitness.
>>
>>37183331
Taking zinc just because. Out of all the supplements I take (Zinc, Magnesium, Multi, and Fish oil) zinc makes me feel like absolute shit for like 5 minutes almost immediately after I take it. Then I'm fine.

How is that even possible? Taking 50mg.
>>
>>37181779
It's like the other anon said, your body might not absorb it fully, but 50mg is too low to do any damage long or short term, so I wouldn't worry.

Take 1 every day and you're fine
>>
>>37181838
>>>37181816 (You)
>What happened?
Thought I was going to die. I kept vomiting until their was nothing left then my heart started going crazy. Mineral imbalances are no joke. Thank fuck for Google, it was either fix it myself or call a wambulance. Milks the antidote FYI...I guess miners get heavy metal poisoning and chug milk like bosses to make it go away
>>
>>37185701
Almost happend to me once. I think it happens when you take it on an empty stomach.

I quickly managed to eat some stuff to not puke all over the place.
>>
>>37183078
Do the chances of balding increase with the consumption of zinc or magnesium
because of the increased testosterone?
>>
I've been taking 50mg of Zinc for over a year now. It helps with sex drive (assume higher test) and blowing bigger loads.

Taking it on an empty stomach can give you a stomach ache, but other than that I haven't had any issues. If you're that worried about it, you could just cut the pill in half and take 25mg a day.
>>
>>37185889
I believe it's a specific type of testosterone. Look at all those balding nu-males for example.

>>37186317
How long did it take to feel effects? Mine sas to take it before sleep but it seems most of you have taken it early in the morning?
>>
File: image.jpg (180 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
180 KB, 960x640
>>37186317
Yeah, it used to be a well kept secret that zinc creates bigger loads. Peter North type shit.

Personally I've never had nightmares with zinc. I used to take heaps to clear up acne on my skin when i was in year 11 & 12.

23 now, I take it on occasion now but more for the blowing load factor and general health
>>
>>37185889
Not that I know of, in Australia the Blackmores "Hair, Skin & Nails" tablets are pretty much zinc
>>
>>37181779
couple of years back I bough a zinc supplement,I don't think it was gluconate probably the cheaper version,and after taking a full pill also 50mg my balls would start to hurt a bit the next day. If I broke the pill in half and took one every other day there was no ball acke.
why
>>
>>37186351

I noticed it fairly quickly. A few days after starting my loads smelt like zinc and were pearly white.
>>
>>37186424
I get the ball ache too.
>>
Make sure you get Zinc Chelate
>>
what's this meme about zink and nightmares?

why is everybody lying?
>>
>>37181779
>50mg
i have been supplementing averaging about 150% zinc (most days i take 200% but some days i skip) and after doing a bloodtest it turns out i have zinc in the lower end amounts. this leads me to conclude, at least in my specific indiviualistic scenario, double the recommended daily value supplemented daily is not much at all, and more could easily be done

maybe all this jizzing i do depletes my zinc, but ive been supplementing with it for years, so it hought i would have more than the minimum of the healthy range. and i fucking take this shit frequently. imagine how many people must have low zinc amounts in their bodies if ive been taking that shit so regularly for years and still have like 2% above the minimum
>>
>>37183471

It's fine for me as long S you don't have an empty stomach. I remember one morning I got up and ate it before anything else and went to have a shower, then cramps started up and I was about to vomit, had to run out and grab a granola bar which fixed it
>>
>>37186918

not a meme, I think it only happens to people who are susceptible to mental shit, like those people who take 1 LSD and go insane forever. I know I'm one of them, so I stay away from drugs, even weed makes me batshit anxious, alcohol is the only thing that makes me happy, but too much of it and I fall in severe depression lol. I'm going to take zinc again but not before sleep, my mind is to weak
>>
>>37186931
>maybe all this jizzing i do depletes my zinc

I love this place.
>>
You can buy 25mg from the same company. I switched to it when I learned the same thing
>>
I take 100mg every morning, never had any issues, desu I can't even tell the difference when I'm not taking it, I just do it out of habit now...
>>
>>37182189
I dont get nightmares but it does take me longer to get to sleep after taking it. I feel way better in the mornings though.

>>37185701
Yeah I think calcium blocks zinc absorption so that's why drinking milk saves you.
>>
I'm dumb as and don't get the different doses of the zinc I brought. This is the ingredients, bottle says take one.

Zinc amino acid chelate (Zinc 14.9 mg) 74.5mg
Magnesium phosphate (Magnesium 18.6 mg) 90 mg
Manganese amino acid chelate (Manganese 2 mg) 20 mg
Vitamin A (Retinyl acetate 860 µg) 2500 IU
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrochloride) 50 mg

Apparently vitamin A can be bad for you if you go over 8000IU a day as well.
>>
>>37185722
>>37183471
Don't understand this either... 6' 157lb, I eat 50mg zinc per dat on empty stomach and haven't felt a thing. I try to eat food that are high in zinc at the same time too.
>>
>>37181779

You're not getting
>supplements normal purpose is to supplement!
They dont really improve the levels of zinc in your body to a great amount if you have a good diet, and are normally targeted at people who dont get enough zinc in their diet.

they sell 50mg over the counter for 2 reasons. Firstly for the sods who dont eat well. and secondly because the 40mg a day thing is kinda bullshit. its 40mg a day recommended on opinion by (generally you countries health and foods regulatory body ie FDA). If you exercise or fighting a cold or a number of other things, you'll need more that 40mg a day.
>>
>>37182786

Apart from potassium and vit d3 zma is definitely in the top 5.

Not a single person will not benefit from more vit D or potassium.
>>
I took zinc at about 830last night and fell asleep by 12. Had some pretty awesome zombie apocalypse and star wars dreams

Don't know if this was a fluke and I should have had horrible nightmares like the rest of you, but I'll be taking my zinc before bed. Also feel relaxed and not anxious today
>>
Was wondering why I was having such fucked up dreams. Other than that my skin has improved and I'm horny as fuck, which I like.

Any ways to stop the dreams?
>>
File: 6.jpg (54 KB, 600x453) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
54 KB, 600x453
Should I take zinc and zma. Or just zma
>>
>>37188573
Just ZMA if you want the other stuff. Taking Zinc with ZMA will just make you piss it all out. I never took just Zinc, but ZMA gave me the weirdest fucking dreams. Have you ever had one of those dreams where you wake up sweating and kind of panicked, but not scared? You have no idea what the dream was but know for sure that it was fucking weird. When I was taking ZMA, I had about one dream a week like that.
>>
What is the best ZMA formula?
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.