[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
gym employee thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 22
File: 2016-01-03_21-11-05.png (445 KB, 536x318) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-03_21-11-05.png
445 KB, 536x318
anyone who works at or wants to work at a gym post here

>stories
>wages
>locations
>bullshit you put up with
>do you work out at the same gym?
>>
>>35480233
Worked at a retro fitness in Philly for years. Good people at that gym. Kept me there longer than I should have.
>>
just got a job at the gym ive gone to for 20 years since i was in the day care there

only been there less than a month and already have horror stories to tell

>old asian ladies up the ass who cant speak english for shit always complaining about stupid shit

>lady complains that a hobo was knocking on her car window so she couldnt get out of her car, and when i went out there, there was no one there

>member says theres no shampoo in the guys showers, go in there and theres plenty in every single one, another member says the same thing an hour later and litterally every single one is empty

>having to inflate baloons all day killing your fingers trying to tie those fuckers on strings

>dem members who dont understand that a scanner needs to see the lines on the key card in order to scan them in and complain every time that its our machines

>those fuckers who mumble their name when you try to log them in manually and have to keep asking them how to spell it
>>
>>35480476
>those people who refuse to sign a liability waiver before coming in the gym and bitch at you for having to do it

>those group fit trainers who come in without their badge assuming you know who they are and get mad as fuck when you ask for their name

>that old man complaining about the fact he cant make it all the time because of his oldness so why do we still charge him every month

>that fat bitch complaining that she hasnt lost any weight since becoming a member last year and yet only came in once a month
>>
>>35480476
what gym and how old are u
>>
>>35480233
>front desk attendant
>$2.00/hr +tips
>>
>>35480525
its a family style corporate chain in the sacramento area of CA

im 23, why
>>
>>35480543
no reason, just was curious since you said you'd been going there for 20 years
>>
>>35480430
is there a single gym that doesnt have employees who are all bros with each other?
>>
>>35480529
mfw commiefornia minimum wage just went up to 10/hr

mfw also get 10% commissions on retail

mfw those people spending hundreds on overpriced proteins
>>
>>35480233
Gold's Gym, North Seattle, WA. God that place was a disaster. Fucking hilarious though.
>>
>>35480529
what are people tipping you for?
>>
Underrated thread.
>>
Just started my own small studio gym. Run people through a slightly modified SS with plenty of accessories so I don't condemn my clients to t-rex mode.

I enjoy it alot. Plus, I get to use it as a "home gym".
>>
>>35480753
Oh no. You don't tip the gym receptionist?

Probably why >>35480476
is so angry.
>>
>>35480543
do you get to flirt with any qts tho?
>>
Used to be a GM for Gold's Gym in DC area. Have tons of stories:

>had to fire fitness manager for fucking girls in the group exercise rooms
>had to break up multiple "gay-downs" in the men's sauna
>had to tell dudes to quit jerking off in the men's sauna
>caught a dude outside the gym wanking it while watching a bodypump class through the window
>people constantly complaining about how they have to pay their missed dues when they change their credit card and never tell us
>people who "just want to look around and don't need a tour and definitely don't need to sign a waiver"

I've seen it all
>>
>>35481464
>people constantly complaining about how they have to pay their missed dues when they change their credit card and never tell us
Ha, that's a thing? I don't think it is in Britain
>>
>>35480731
Fellow seattlefag here tell us stories please
>>
>>35480563
10/hr and i thought i had it bad, boy am i glad im flipping burgers for 17-25/hr.
>>
>>35480845
I don't live in the Jews Ass. People here actually get paid for doing their jobs instead of begging for money like hobos.
>>
can i be an employee in a gym in europe? i want to work when i'm at erasmus and gym is a perfect place for me to make money.

what qualifications should i have?
>>
>>35480233
I'm the store manager at an independent retail store based in a gym in the UK. Only been there a few months but I already have stories.

>almost at the end of my shift, DYEL 17yo walks into the store, asks if we have wraps because he's gonna do some pretty heavy lifts.
>I show him our options, he won't stop mentioning how heavy he lifts.
>Soon as my shift is over I pop up to the gym.
>See DYEL deadlifting 0.5pl8 with an ez-curl bar
Mysides.jpg

Some bad ones too

>Guy buys a ladies swimsuit
>tries to return it the next week
>I refuse the return, he asks why
>I point out what are pretty clearly jizz stains on the inside of the crotch
>he literally runs out of the store.

More?
>>
File: 1448859839174.jpg (38 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1448859839174.jpg
38 KB, 413x395
>>35483218
more
>>
File: 1273517154526.jpg (27 KB, 358x353) Image search: [Google]
1273517154526.jpg
27 KB, 358x353
>>35483218
yes please
>>
>>35483258
>>35483262

Lunch is almost over, but ask and ye shall receive

>sell a guy some Powerlifts, talk to him about how they can help to improve form and allow you to lift more in a shorter period due to correct posture when training etc
>comes back in about half an hour later screaming about my lies and taking us to court.
>he thought the shoes were magic and loaded 1pl8 extra on his 1rm
>is honestly surprised when he can't lift it and collapses under the bar.

>one of my staff does crossfit. Tells me about it all the time. Tries to correct my lifting tekkers.
>I tell her she'll definitely get injured and remind her the company only pays statutory sick pay
>she's adamant it's safe 'I'm going on the instructors course in the new year, anon. I know what I'm talking about'.
>she slipped 2 discs just before Christmas doing something stupid
>I rofl

>PT comes in, asks if we have any freebies for him
>I say no, I don't even get freebies
>he gets pissed, tries to get me banned from the gym

Got to go and work now, but I'll see if I can remember any more.
>>
>>35483376
>gets mad at shoes not being magic.

That's like going to a paint store and suing them because the brush didn't make you paint better
>>
>>35483218
>I point out what are pretty clearly jizz stains on the inside of the crotch

worked at walmart ten years ago, and there was a guy who would sneak into the dressing rooms with shiny gold bikini trunks, put them on and blast his load into them. we had his photo up behind all the registers and had to call security if he managed to make it past the greeter.

HE STILL MADE IT PAST THE GREETER, EVERY WEEK
>>
>>35483424
Gotta admire that
>>
>>35483218
You in London lad?
>>
File: 1439462181749.jpg (83 KB, 694x530) Image search: [Google]
1439462181749.jpg
83 KB, 694x530
>>35480529
>$2.00/hr +tips
>>
File: Wat8.jpg (38 KB, 604x404) Image search: [Google]
Wat8.jpg
38 KB, 604x404
>>35483457

Twickenham.

Used to work in the Chiswick store. You just get posh retards with money there.

>man comes in, he's left his gym kit at home but has a PT session
>spends £165 on new shoes, shorts and top.

Mfw.
>>
>>35480476
>work job a literal monkey can do
>complain how tough you have it
>>
>>35483156

I'm not sure, but a lot of PT's in my gym (Dutchfag) are physical therapy students. You'll need to have that or some work experience in health or fitness related jobs, I expect. Being a gym rat is usually not enough.
>>
>>35483683
>Telling stories about stupid people = saying the job is hard
Kill yourself, fun sucker. You're the type of person who goes on FPH threads and complains that people make fun of fatties.
>>
>>35483742
Sick, youve confirmed yourself a redditor by bringing up fph like its a good thing that belongs here. No im calling anon a nigger because hes complaining about the easiest job in the world. "People mumble" oh noooo thats worse than meeting deadlines or headlining projects.
Fucking fat nigger.
>>
>checking out gym to get out of Hungry Skelton mode
>Lady takes me on the tour
>Asks if I'm interested in their supplements "No"
>Asks if I'm interested in tanning "Nah"
>Asks if I'd like to have a PT give me a start out routine "No thanks, I have a routine"
>She's starting to get defeated at this point
>Asks if I want a chance at a free trip to Mexico by giving my friends info "No, can I just look at your weight area and see if I can do my routine here?"
>She reluctantly takes me to weight area "Can I do dead lifts here?"
>What's a dead lift?
>Try to explain dead lifts to her and she doesn't understand
>Give up half way through explanation and say I'll do them in the corner

I know I'm a newb at this but how do people who know less than me have jobs at gyms?
>>
>>35483218
>>I point out what are pretty clearly jizz stains on the inside of the crotch
Had this happen working retail as well but with menstrual blood stains.
My manager okayed the return.
>>
>>35481464
I've worked in a small gym in my city for three years. I can confirm all of this. Though I also have sex with women in tanning rooms.
>>
>>35485335
>how do people who know less than me have jobs at gyms?
Not people, a gril. She's probably hired to attract clients. She doesn't have to know anything.
>>
Work at Lifetime Fitness near Houston Texas
nb for 21yrs old. $9/hr
I wouldn't workout there if I didnt work there. $70/month membership
My job is basically to wash, fold, and stock towels and keep the gym clean.
>when people use like 5 towels and leave them on the floor
All the babes working out on daddys dime are nice to look at too
>>
>>35480543
...California family fitness? Das my gym
>>
>>35485794
>my job is to pick up towels
>i hate when they arent stacked up for me
What an entitled little loser
>>
>>35485841
we have towel return bins, and no one needs to use 5 towels in one visit anyways. It's just inconsiderate.
>>
>>35485881
Thats doing you a favor it isnt something you deserve, you should personally thank everyone dropping towels into the bin. They are literally doing your job
>>
File: 636536465436.jpg (23 KB, 273x457) Image search: [Google]
636536465436.jpg
23 KB, 273x457
>>35485794
>$9/hr
>not bad
>picks up shitstained towels
Nigger there are a million better jobs you can do at 21, try doing something like a moving company where you can make tips
>>
>>35485826
Ya das it.
Which one do you go to?
>>
File: 1447407018777.jpg (65 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1447407018777.jpg
65 KB, 768x1024
>>35480233

>12/h
>Only locations in Ontario, Canada
>I do, free membership is pretty sweet and being able to eat and shit there is nice too.

Also I work with over 30 personal trainers, all with different experience and you can learn a lot by asking questions and just forming your on opinion on fitness and the right shit to do.

Also only there part time while in school.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 686x609) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 686x609
>>35480558
Get gud new years. Most of us have been dead lifting since we were 3 years old.
>>
>>35487927
I used to go to the one in Elk Grove in the Laguna area
>>
>>35487927
The small one on Madison ave usually. That or the one on fair oaks that's close-ish to safeway
>>
>>35487985
the chick on the left has the most unsymmetrical tits i've ever seen.
>>
>>35485114
Wow, someone is anally annihilated.
>>
work at a gym in the north west of england.
work as a general assitant (pretty much cleaner, but the title means i have to do more work for same pay).
here's some gem's i've encountered in less than a year there.
>female cleaner finds a full sized turd in the shampoo dispenser in womens showers, turned soap brown kek
>once saw a guy nearly loose a finger due to slamming his weights on the floor, but on the floor was another weight and caught his finger
>customers never put their fucking weights back
>customers can never read sign saying "put your weights back"
>i have to put their weights back......niggers
>>
>>35488888
checked
>>
More stories, former GM in DC area

>usually come in around 8:30, but gym opens at 5
>come in at 6am randomly to work out bc I couldn't sleep
>front desk guy has scanner on the counter (not good, we have a problem with people just running in without paying/scanning at the moment)
>look around for the dude
>finally find him asleep in the drink closet

>not my gym but another in the area
>dude outside the gym keeps his jizz in a little squeeze bottle
>squirts it on people in the parking lot
>had to call cops and get a restraining order

>have spanish cleaning lady who mops up and shit during the day
>she is so serious about her job, she even mops treadmills while people are using them
>girl literally slips off the treadmill
>had to fire the cleaning lady
>replacement cleaning dude is a fat, old former marine
>can't stop telling people about how many gooks he killed in Vietnam
>has to take frequent breaks due to PTSD migraines
>had to fire him for creeping out every woman in the gym

>men's room door falls off - door frame is fucked, need to order new parts
>old dude loves to sit on a particular bench, which is clearly visible with the door being broken from outside the locker room
>sits there naked and watches people pass the locker room
>had to put up a curtain to cover his disgusting body from freaking out all the girls

>be middle of the day, gym is sparsely populated
>2 middle aged women are using ellipticals
>stair mills are right in front of them
>I notice they keep laughing to each other and snickering and glancing at me
>I walk over and ask them how their workout is
>they point to the older gentleman using a stair mill in the row in front of them
>his running shorts are so small that his dick and balls are hanging out from underneath them every time he steps up
>>
File: 1451794937258.jpg (14 KB, 365x400) Image search: [Google]
1451794937258.jpg
14 KB, 365x400
>>35489979

>dude outside the gym keeps his jizz in a little squeeze bottle
>squirts it on people in the parking lot
>had to call cops and get a restraining order
>>
>>35489979
I was about to join the new Gold's in Rockville but they bait and switched me. So glad I stuck with Anytime Fitness.
>>
I work at a small YMCA. $10/hour to either sit behind a desk or walk around and clean or talk to the regulars. Shits chill because there's only ever 2 employees working a shift and there is no boss on duty. Never have problems with the people that come in besides people slamming their weights or doing something weird on a machine. Also, I have a key to the building so after hours if I don't feel like working out around other people I just let myself in.
>>
>>35488888
Mirin
>>
>>35480529
Kek
>>
>>35483683
Customer service isn't a job a monkey could do, it's literally only a job a person can do. it's a lot like herding cats
>>
>>35486910
His job isn't too pick them up off the floor is to wash and stock them. So waiters at restaurants should thanks me for not throwing my food on the floor? Got it. How far out of reality are you? There are standards held to customers as well
>>
>a group of literal KKK members works out at the gym all the time
>they keep to themselves, doing heavy lifts and functional workouts
>another local gym is burnt down
>suddenly a lot of dindus join this gym
>oh shit, this'll cause issues
>on the very first day there are complaints by the kkk guys, complaining about the state of the locker rooms, the smell
>thought they were being racist, but no their is a smell of shit, the toilets look disgusting after i cleaned them an hour ago, piss everywhere
>lockers have been bent like somebody tried to break into them
>some giga nigga tells me the same shit happened all the time at the other gym, and that if i try and do anything about it i'll get my head punched in
>he wasn't threatening me, this guy was a serious bodybuilder, but even then he was selling roids out behind the gym and the Nazis were being proven right
>eventually there were claims of rascism, that the whites were stealing from the blacks, they they were racially abusing blacks
>i'm here all the time, literally all of it was bullshit
>it almost came to blows after some dindu smashed his oldsmoblile into a white guy's motorbike
>Giga Nigger the Roid Dealer steps in and stops the fight before it starts
>they decide to have a lifting contest, whoever benches the most chooses the music for the next week
>for the next few days one song played on a loop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x5ZRAVXxr8
>nazis sung along constantly but changed the lyrics to be rascist as fuck
>dindus mad as fuck but didn't do shit because none of them benched over 100 kilos, and they are scared of the nazis now
>giga nigga laughing his ass off most of the time to the point his workout suffered
>nazis agreed to let the songs go back to normal, as long as their was no nigger music.
>>
>>35489979
BAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT I can imagine that mexican cleaning lady running a wet mop on the belt behind a cardio bunny and seeing her get launched off

Fuckin kek mate
>>
>>35493413
Music lifting contests never end well, the best lifters have terrible taste in music

imagine this playing every 3rd song for a week

A WEEK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyx6JDQCslE
>>
>>35481464

How is this on the client?
>>
>>35493413
NONE OF THEM BENCHED OVER 100 KILOS

LMFAO
>>
>>35487316
$9/hr isn't bad. I'm 27 and I work at the laundry section of housekeeping for a large hotel for $7.50/hr.
>>
>>35493491
Seriously, the biggest one there was a Jamaican man or some shit, mostly did bodyweight, and could barely bench 2pl8 for a single rep. Few of them even did one pl8.
>>
>>35493551
I'm 25 and work at a supermarket for $25 an hour
>>
>>35492921
>people slamming their weights
>problem
How?
>>
File: 4cf.jpg (11 KB, 311x300) Image search: [Google]
4cf.jpg
11 KB, 311x300
>>35493413
>>
File: red-lips-and-ring-gag-4340-bdsm.jpg (125 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
red-lips-and-ring-gag-4340-bdsm.jpg
125 KB, 800x1200
posting just to feel like a part of something but I have nothing to contribute
>>
>>35493413
I forgot, after they won, they said they were going out for chink food and cat-meat, and went to get Chinese at a local place. KKK members are racist, but don't actually "hate" other races like i thought before i started working here, it's weird.
>>
>>35493663
>KKK members are racist, but don't actually "hate" other races like i thought before i started working here

Explain
>>
>>35493571
As a manager or what?
>>
>>35493663
>KKK members are racist, but don't actually "hate" other races like i thought before i started working here
lol?
>>
>>35493701
Well they don't do anything to black people. If the KKK is the worst thing ever, why do they never do anything to black people? i've seen a lot of black people attack white people in the area, but never seen even a KKK member do anything to a black guy
>>
>>35493727
In my experience, racist whites are more live and let live, just dont get in my fucking way. They are also smart enough to protect their reputation and if they are violent etc then they do it on the DL and hide their identity. Racist black people on the other hand seem to be much more in your face, confrontational and trying to start shit everywhere with lots of people watching to prove how tough they are.
>>
>>35493727

Largely because the KKK these days is a thousand different sub-splinter groups of a couple people each who are generally scared to do shit.

When they were actually organised and had power? Shit yes, they killed a lot of people.
>>
>>35493800
>Largely because blacks these days are a thousand different sub-splinter groups of a couple people each who are generally scared to do shit.
>When they were actually organised and had power? Shit yes, they killed a lot of people.
>>
File: 1451058845523.png (54 KB, 553x546) Image search: [Google]
1451058845523.png
54 KB, 553x546
>>35485114
The salt is real
>>
>>35493800
>>35493778
Every white person i know just wants nonwhites to go away, to leave them alone. i have heard blacks, asians, mexicans ect all say that all whites should be killed off but i have never heard a white person say anything like that
>>
Worked at the same athletic club/gym/pool for 5 years. Sales, signups, training, everything. Really diverse place. Learned a lot about people.

>the vast VAST majority of people don't know what they're doing. 5% of people do linear progression plans. Which everyone should really, at least initially.
>the vast VAST majority of personal trainers are glorified entertainers. They feel the need to "switch it up" for their clients. Which prevents them from correctly programming. WRT to lifting anyway.
>blacks, as a culture, are severely lacking in politeness. "Gimme a key" "IM USIN' DAT."
>the vast VAST majority of people think sit-ups target abdominal fat.
>there's a typical development curve to males new to lifting. They start off obsessed and really dedicated, get newb gains and talk about lifting constantly and lift for girls. They either keep this up or drop it once newb gains subside. Very few keep it up and you see them return the following January.
>80% of the non-bill-payers are black or African. If a white is called and told "your payment didn't go through" they usually respond "oh my, I'm really sorry. Here's my new card number." A black would typically say "ok. How much I owe? Ok. When's the latest I can pay? The minimum I can pay? What happens if I don't pay two months, can I still workout? What's collections?"
>Russians have no personality. Well, some do. The women though? No chance. Don't even try to get one if you're a stud. They're really into Russian gargoyles with unibrows.
>Ethiopians, generally, are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Friend them up, if possible.
>the business isn't very lucrative. When $ gets tight, the gym membership is the first thing to get cut from the budget. Gyms like Planet Fitness depend on their price being so low that people rationalize keeping their membership "it's only $10. I'll get around to going regularly, soon."
>the freaks and deadbeats are the most consistent customers.
>>
>>35481464
>fucking girls in the group exercise rooms
Living the life
>>
>>35483742
Why did I read "sun fucker"
>>
>>35494065

Moon brahs for life
Sunfags get out
>>
>>35493905
Con't
>people, especially women, don't give a fuck about strength. There's a PL bear mode guy who diddles nearly 600#. No attention. Decent looking guy. However, the otter mode faggot who does back extensions is mired CONSTANTLY. Ripped > jacked.
>Indians think they're under a tent in a desert negotiating when being pitched a membership. Whites seem to understand the price is the price.
>>
>>35493607
I mean like excessively. The floor is like a crappy carpet so its been torn before. And we also don't have that much equipment (ie one squat rack and one smith machine) so if people break things it hurts everyone.
>>
>>35493905
>Which everyone should really, at least initially.

Fat SS troll detected xDDDD
>>
>>35493905
>Ethiopians are nice people
Then why did Ethiopia nuke my country in civilization 5?
>>
>>35488037
Kekked . lost hard to pic. You bas turd
>>
>>35488037
>>35480558
i did say in my post that i was in the day care there, didnt start working out till i was 13
>>
>>35488081
Ma nigga. Next to in n out?
>>
>>35494174
cause they're like the closest thing to western civilization in africa.
>>
>>35494609
Yessir. That your gym?
>>
>>35494609
no the "luguna area" one is by strikes

the "elk grove one" is by black bear diner, hobby lobby, sport chalet, in n out etc next to 99

i work at the elk grove one, my names kevin at the front desk (pls dont laugh im restarting my fitness journey that i stopped after highschool)
>>
>>35493413
Jesus christ this sounds like an episode of the Trailer Park Boys
>>
>>35493905
>>35494139
The black and Indian one is so fucking true it hurts. I work as a overnight front desk person at a hotel and my two least favorite groups of people to deal with are blacks and Indians, by far. The blacks never have any money on their cards, are the most likely to cause an issue and are usually the most likely to be thrown out.

Indians though, those fucking street shitters, holy shit. They try to haggle with you like their life depends on it. "Hotel X is offering me a room for $10 less, can you match it?" Yeah, they're cheaper and they also have no pool you fucking retard. Go over there for all I care. Not to mention they are do goddamn needy and want to be waited on hand and foot while making everything reek of curry
>>
>>35485335
So much of the work at gyms is actually trying to recruit members. That's why they have all these promo's about holidays and prizes if you sign up friends and shit. Any retail experience basically qualifies you..
>>
>>35482074
Shit, sorry man. Ok, for you and anybody else who cares, here goes:

>Managers are a shitshow. They all go out to the bars/strip clubs nearly every night to pick up chicks. They're great guys to hang out with but I don't know how they keep it up since they're all in their 30's

>Only female manager is a lingerie football player. Not quite as hot as you'd expect but really fun. She hated the other managers and they all hated her for reasons that nobody knew. I'm guessing they had all fucked her at some point but idk. Employee relationships are a big no-no so nobody ever talked about it.

>Half of the Gold's Gyms in Seattle are owned by one guy, and the other half are owned by his ex-business partner. They had a falling out a year or two back and now hate each other. They actively sabotage each other's gyms all the time, like calling the cobs for no reason or having a bunch of pizzas delivered. Real mature for two 40 year of men.

>My coworker was a 16-year-old girl who was 1 or 2 hours late for every shift she worked. She was always getting told that she would be fired if it happened again, but it happened every time and she was never fired. She also had absolutely massive tits. Like, its the size of a decently large melon on a girl who was maybe 5'2" and quite slim. I'll give you one guess why she was always kept on.

>Managers and corporate office gave zero fucks about the members, all they ever cared about was the number of new memberships sold per month. Nothing else mattered. Managers were all professional salespeople (one dude literally owned a car lot before getting the job)

>Dude named Sergei Lazlov or something like that came in every single day in the morning to work out for two hours. Dude looked like an Eastern European version of Arnold in his prime. Huge, jacked, lean, the whole package. He would then leave for a few hours, and then in the afternoon bring his son who had some kind of muscular dystrophy in and help him work out.
>>
>>35495145
Continued because fuck it.

>Asian MILF also came in every day, she would do an hour of intense weightlifting and then spend an hour attacking the heavy bag like it killed her kids. Always super nice and friendly to me, even though she barely spoke english.

>Other MILF came in most mornings at around 7am. Always called me "dear" or "baby", and usually remarked that I looked really good or hot or something like that. Eventually started to give me hugs when she was leaving the gym.

>One day I was working the desk when I heard a soft "thump". It's a pretty slow day so I walk upstairs to check it out. An old guy (bit still fit) who came in regularly was laying on his back in a massive pool of blood. He blacked out and fell off a treadmill or something. I stabilized him and called the ambulance. Must have been a slow day for EMS too because two fire trucks and three atop cars showed up too. Dude ended up being fine, which was great.

>This couple would come in about every other day. Dude was chill, kinda looked rich and in decent shape but nothing too special. His wife though.... she was the closest I've ever seen to a perfect 10/10. Gorgeous face, great chest, perfect ass, slim and sexy body. Just, holy shit. She always wore essentially panties and a bra to work out, just barely lone enough to cover everything. She did the standard squats, diddlies, flute bridge, etc. And he would never actually lift. Just watch her. Like he got off on watching other guys stare at his wife. They were really nice though.
>>
>>35493879
Damn son, you need to hang out with better minorities, all the hispanics I know dislike black people much more than white people. If anything they don't even hate white people, except for the ones who shout racial slurs from moving cars
>>
>>35495224
Last one, probably.
>Guy came in to work out every day. Had long hair, down to the middle of his back. Wore a pink and teal windbreaker, pic related, and cutoff jean shorts that covered maybe an inch of thigh. Basically, you could see everything from ass cheeks down. He'd walk around with the jacket unzipped too so you could see his chest/abs. Despite what you're probably thinking, he actually had a pretty good body and was pretty strong. Weird as fuck but nobody ever complained about him.

>Had a protein shake machine that made great shakes. We were allowed one free one per day, but nobody counted so it was basically free protein shakes. Also I would always give people an extra scoop if they were just getting regular whey, and not charge them for it.

Thats about all I can think of right now, Ill post more if I remember any.
>>
>>35487985
Wow, the left ones titty game is bad.
>>
>>35495249
>>35493879
Hispanic here. We hate niggers, sandniggers and each other far more than we hate whitey.

Hell, most of my friends are white and they hate blacks and arabs more than anything else as well.
>>
>>35493412
Kek
>>
>>35488888
>dem quints
>>
>>35489979
>she is so serious about her job, she even mops treadmills while people are using them

we have phillapino cleaners at our gym, and one of them starting smacking her mop into an exercise ball while a guy was doing weighted crunches on it. he threw the weight down and screamed FUCKING CUNT at her, then calmly picked the weight up and resumed crunching. she seemed to take a while to process this, most likely unsure if she should try to mop under his feet, but scuttled away and joined the rest of the cleaning brood in the storage room
>>
>>35493663
I'll say it, I'm white and racist as fuck. But there's a difference between nigger and blacks, chinks and Asians.

Most racists just despise the culture associated with these people. Stopping these people puts a stop to their culture.
>>
>>35493905
>there's a typical development curve to males new to lifting. They start off obsessed and really dedicated, get newb gains and talk about lifting constantly and lift for girls. They either keep this up or drop it once newb gains subside. Very few keep it up and you see them return the following January.

white guy lifting for a year, can confirm. thought i was head of broscience and gainz university for two months, then realized my fat gave away the fact i didnt know shit about shit, now i quietly do my weekly split and keep quiet about it.
>>
>>35493479

Why, when you get a new credit card, would you expect that all of your auto payments are just magically transferred to the new card?

How is it not on the client?

>oh, anon, we see through our magical powers of gym manager clairvoyance that you got a new credit card, and the credit card # is ______, and we'll just go ahead and charge your fees to that without you ever having to even mention anything.
>>
>>35493905

>the freaks and deadbeats are the most consistent

Deadbeat freak here, can confirm. I show up stoned like clockwork every other day and put in my 60-90 minutes. Gym staff likes me because I'm nice and halfway handsome, but there are only three or four other weirdos who are anywhere near as consistent.
>>
>>35480476
>those fuckers who mumble their name when you try to log them in manually and have to keep asking them how to spell it
I do that :( Need to work on my autistmos
>>
Is it as tragic working in a gym as Pain and Gain made it out to be?
I wouldn't mind taking the education to getting a PT certificate (Can take a mostly online course for it, a bit expensive) just to have something to fall back on, but I don't rightly see the point in it if I'll be working another couple of jobs on the side of it.
>>
>>35498572
The only viable way to make really good money in the fitness industry is to own your own gym/gyms.

Being a personal trainer can be a good part time job throughout highschool/college, but it'd definitely be difficult making it your only career choice.
>>
>>35483424
that's dedication, he's gonna make it
>>
>>35495294
>>Had a protein shake machine that made great shakes. We were allowed one free one per day, but nobody counted so it was basically free protein shakes. Also I would always give people an extra scoop if they were just getting regular whey, and not charge them for it.
That sounds fuckin great. I liked your stories. Did you ever fug any milfs?
>>
>>35481464
>>people who "just want to look around and don't need a tour and definitely don't need to sign a waiver"

I can kinda understand this. I'd want to look around to make sure the gym has the equipment I like without someone breathing down my neck like a salesman. The waiver makes sense since I'd probably want to try out the machines a little bit.
>>
>>35495294
Where's our pic?
>>
>>35499639
> try the machine
> make it

Pick one
>>
>>35485794
Hey I work at Lifetime in the chicago area. I'm getting $9.50 to work at the front desk, I would never do that shitty ops work though. Too many horror stories of old ladies shitting in the sauna and stuff.
People are fucking ignorant with the towels though.

>middle aged guys at least 30lbs overweight
>come to gym to just sit around watching tv and drinking smoothies
>sits in the sauna for 5 minutes
>grabs one towel to dry his hands, one towel to put under his feet, one towel to sit on, and one towel around his shoulders
>leaves beer guy and gross dick fully exposed
>throws all towels in a heap near the towel bin

I recognize your struggle.
>>
>>35493905
>Russians have no personality.
We just don't like you that much, to be honest.
Western mentality is pretty primitive.
>>
>>35500031
>Lifetime
>Chicago area
shit nigga, you in Burr Ridge by any chance?
>>
>>35500089
Nope, sorry m8. Might stop by that one if i'm ever in the area though.
>>
>>35499952
machines are perfectly fine from a bodybuilding point of view, tho f.a.m.
Just use them as auxillary exercises m8
>>
>>35500031
Tfw from Chicago area
Tfw fat uncomfortable grill
Tfw feel shit going into the gym and never make eye contact
Tfw th-thanks for keeping the locker room clean.
>>
>>35498013
Sort of same. I kind of embarrased myself last time cause usually I work out at around 2AM when noone else is there so I dont get paranoid (while high, I mean). But last time I was there at 2PM and there was a bunch of normies there, I remember thinking about a thread on /fit/ and I forgot I wasnt alone at the gym so I screamed "LIGHTWEIGHT BABYYYY" before I started my set of squats. Everyone except the regulars looked me at like I was a freak.
>>
>>35500172
But try a machine...
What's the point.
>>
>>35493229
>Herding cats
Now that's something I'd pay to see. Imagine a herd of a few hundred cats running through a meadow or grazing. Being watched over by a couple of sheepdogs.
>>
>>35497818

To be fair it's annoying to try and remember every single thing you have on auto-pay. More than once I've woken up to the sound of my power shutting off cause I forgot to update my card info. Strangely enough I only seem to forget the power company since my old apartment it was bundled with rent.
>>
>>35480430
Lol is it in northeast philly near archbishop ryan highschool
>>
File: il_570xN.56739341.jpg (43 KB, 570x513) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.56739341.jpg
43 KB, 570x513
>>35499675
My bad
>>
>>35483505

>tfw I'm from Chiswick and miss it so much now that I live in Leeds
>mfw hearing stories of rich fags from there make me nostalgic

Now all my family live in Hounslow and Isleworth and visiting them sucks
>>
>>35495249
black male here, do you consider a "nigger" different from a person who happens to be black? i do
>>
>>35480529
What would people be tipping you for?

How was your employer able to define this as a service job and only pay $2 an hour?
>>
>>35480845
Why would anyone tip a receptionist? What the fuck are the fees to be a member for?
>>
>>35483376
> Cross fit instructors course

Isn't that shit about 2 days of work
>>
>>35494792
Some Indians love to make themselves superior to other people. It's a remnant from their colonial past and life under the British empire.
>>
>>35495145
>>Dude named Sergei Lazlov or something like that came in every single day in the morning to work out for two hours. Dude looked like an Eastern European version of Arnold in his prime. Huge, jacked, lean, the whole package. He would then leave for a few hours, and then in the afternoon bring his son who had some kind of muscular dystrophy in and help him work out.

awesome
>>
>>35499560
Nope, I have a qt3.14 gf. But it was really tempting to be honest. I had at least three chicks who wanted the D. Maybe a few years from now I'll regret not banging all the MILFs when I had the chance, but who knows.
And thanks man, I felt like nobody would give a shit about what happened.
>>
>>35498572
You'd have to be an expert and work with competition athletes or alternatively have high end upper middle class clients that want some kind of premium service that's mostly bullshit Second one probably depends on how good looking you are.
>>
>>35500058
This is true. Russians put greater meaning in gestures, please and thank you etc. When you do it all the time and pretend to be good friends with the everyone you meet they think it devalues it. Doesn't mean they are assholes, just a different perspective.
>>
>>35493413
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
>>
>>35480476
Do you work next to a Winco and a middle school?
>>
>>35504233
Yup absolutely. Hell, I consider some white people niggers.
>>
>>35505289
>>35505317
you must be new here
>>
>>35505623
White Westerner...and I hate my culture most of the time...I truly identify with the Russianbros. Held the door for someone the other day and they looked at me like I was pond scum and seemed almost offended. The narcicism epidemic kills my soul.
>>
>>35491871
oh shit nigger, i go to the retro fitness in rockville
>>
>>35505765
the winco is near there yes, and are you talking about joseph kerr? thats a bit down the road

[spoiler]i went to that school and shop at winco[/spoiler]
>>
LA Fitness Edmonton West location
14$/hour
Yeah best gym in the city.

>Crazy manipulative land whale coworker+my bitch ass spineless manager=Ripperoni jabronis.

>Black 80 year old dude Bill comes in every single fuckin day, even holidays. Doesn't really do anything but dat dedication
>>
>>35493778
That's because the black man can aaaaalways play the race card if things ever go.... South

Yeaaaaahhhhh
>>
>>35507704
Kek
>>
>>35480514

>sign a liability waver

Murrica, land of the free.
>>
>>35510132
Why should the gym be liable for someone being a retard and hurting themselves?
>>
>>35480233

Bump! This has been a real interesting read, as somebody who is looking to apply to janitorial work in the local LA fitness.
>>
File: makethestallgreatagain.png (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
makethestallgreatagain.png
2 MB, 2560x1440
>>35511681
I'm a CrossFit coach at a gym in Boston. Highlights include:

>employee charges someone $1500 dollar suspension fee because he wrote "1500" in the box instead of "15.00"

>sponsor an app for people to track their workouts.
>nobody uses it.
>dyel dude always comes in bragging about getting top times

>manager programs workout with 150 turkish getups
>change the workout so nobody drops a kettlebell on their heads
>manager says that was programmed as "shoulder recovery" and because they didn't do it they're at risk for shoulder injury

>PT client comes in
>asks about diet advice
>tell her about counting macros/calories
>"oh no that sounds like way too much work"
>friend(also a coach) suggests keto
>oh no I could never give up carbs

I have more
>>
>>35513437
>inb4 lel this is because Crossfit
No, this is just normal stupidity in the fitness industry
>>
File: baby shimmy.gif (2 MB, 334x224) Image search: [Google]
baby shimmy.gif
2 MB, 334x224
>>35513437
cont. because i remembered another good one

>take care of little kids in corner area with half walls while their moms take class
>most of them are little shits, either cry or stand by the gate yelling at their moms
>neverwantkids.png
>one of them is actually pretty cool though, loves building blocks and tells me about his day
>"I like my hotwdowgs with spicy bwown mustard" etc
>one day he points out the gate and asks what his mom is doing
>I tell him she's doing a squat
>starts yelling for no reason, "SQUAAT, SQUAAT, SQUAAAT"
>continues for the rest of class
>next week I'm getting the child care area ready
>from the other side of the gym door I hear "SQUAAT SQUAAT SQUAAT"
>his mom comes in looking like she's been through WW3
>he's been yelling it all week
>>
>>35513590

This kid knows what's up.
>>
>>35513590
you forgot to teach him the "oats" part
>>
>>35513590
>>his mom comes in looking like she's been through WW3
>>he's been yelling it all week
that's hilariously one of the reason's I don't want kids.
>>
>>35483398
>GW customers
>>
>>35482118
>not recognizing this meme
You are new. Read the sticky and enjoy your gay stay.
>>
>>35482100
Where do you live? If it's Australia you're making less despite how the figure is higher because your cost of living is higher than ours. A gallon of milk costs like $2 here, but I heard a gallon of milk in Australia is quite a bit more than that.
>>
>>35493571
Yeah but where do you live? Sounds like the value of your dollar is in the shitter, you probably pay a ridiculous amount for everything whereas over here the min wage is like 9 something, but a gallon a milk is like 2 bucks, where a gallon of milk (equivalent) in Australia is 6 dollars. Stop being so narrow-minded.
>>
>>35493551
9/hr is bad unless you're 17.
I'm 26 and making almost 25/hr
>>
>>35497818
They usually are, when you switch accounts to a different bank then most of them will also automatically switch direct debits for you
>>
File: image.jpg (327 KB, 1000x833) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
327 KB, 1000x833
>$9.19/hour
>small, forgotten navy gym in Norfolk

Unfortunately I don't have too many crazy stories. Almost everyone who comes to my gym is older or is a bodybuilder

Notable exceptions:

>new guy comes in, haven't seen him before
>goes to free weights and puts 20 lbs on the curl bar
>lays on bench, Gets in skullcrusher form
>does the downward motion of a skullcrusher, then launces the curl bar as high as he can in the air
>fear I'm about to watch a real, live decapitation in front of my eyes
>bar comes down, he catches it
>thank god that's over
>does it AGAIN
>get up to go say something to him
>does it twice more, then stops, stands up, and leaves the gym
>never see him again

>old guy and his wife come into the gym every weekend
>super nice, joke with us behind the counter
>even brought me and my partner fudge brownies once (rip gains, but so worth)
>swipe in every time
>decide to see what rank he was in the navy for funsies
>the motherfucker is an O-9 Air Force general (for those not familiar with the military, this is a guy who would be at the round table ordering the bombers to take off and nuke Russia)
>never mention it to him, but always make sure to be super nice to him whenever he comes in

>boss is a nice old lady manager
>sometimes comes in to work out
>her "workout" consists of doing crab walks on the treadmill for 10 minutes followed by 5 minutes on the recumbent bike

Have more fun stories too
>>
>>35505623
But the thing is, they don't think about our perspective and they're the ones who live here. Pleasantries are still pleasantries and to be disrespectful because you feel someone is "devaluing" it is pretty fucking ignorant.
>>
>>35515499
>what is cost of living
>what is value of dollar
Lemme guess, ausfailia? Your 25 an hour is the equivalent of 8 bucks an hour here which is lower than my states minimum wage.
>>
>>35480233
I work as a personal trainer but worked in a gym (front desk/classes), I'll post a few stories
>worked front desk
>some kinda ripped guy joins the gym with some fat middle aged guy
>he is spotting fat guy a lot, not lifting much himself
>fat guy is doing shit rep timings, shit form and ripped guy is pretty much lifting for him
>approaches the front desk and asks to use the office
>I tell him no
>"well I'm training my client so I need to"
>oh right, we don't have you on our trainers list, do you have a copy of your insurance?
>"insurance for what?"
>insurance that shows you are qualified and covered if your client hurts himself
>"I don't need qualifications, I'm bigger than most people"
>sorry mate that doesn't cut it
>his client says he isn't paying him if he isn't qualified
>shoves fat guy
>ripped guy starts losing his shit and shouting at me for losing him clients
>fuck off mate you aren't training people here without insurance or qualifications
>he goes into the weight room and grabs a small barbell with no plates on and starts walking around the gym hitting machines screaming
>what the fuck
>police called
>this goes on for a good 5 minutes
>police end up hitting him with batons because he wouldn't drop the barbell
>"I'll come back for you mate you ruined my business"
>police arrest him for training without qualifications, assault
>he couldn't come within 200 feet of the gym and had to pay to have all damage to machines repaired, we really played up the damage and got a lot of shiny new kit to replace the shitty stuff
>>
>>35515888
>>her "workout" consists of doing crab walks on the treadmill for 10 minutes
wut
>>
>>35516385
Think shuffles but slower
>>
>>35516352
I'll add some personal training stories
>family of 3 hires me to train them on Sunday mornings
>35yo mother, 35yo dad, 12yo daughter
>general health questions, par-q form shit
>a few weeks pass and everything is going well
>at the start of one session I ask "has anything changed since we filled out the PAR-Q forms?
>daughter pipes up "yeah my situation has changed"
>I'm expecting something like "bad knee"
>"I'm pregnant"
>she decided that was the perfect time to tell her parents
>her parents go ape shit
>"how are you old enough to be having sex with your 13yo boyfriend?"
>"how do you think you are mature enough to have a child of your own?"
>"what is he going to support you with? his paper round money?"
>all while I'm stood at the side
>not asked to leave or anything, they are all embroiled in screaming at one another
>daughter is trying to weasel her way out of talking about it by making out that her boyfriend can financially support them and his paper round will pay bills in their council house
>she thinks he can afford a child because "he spent like a weekend's pay on a pregnancy test"
>20 minutes later mother is trying to stop dad from going to daughter's boyfriends house to kill him
>everything starts calming down, mother says
>"ok well lets try and exercise and work off some steam before we talk about this again"
>I inform them that I can't train daughter now because she needs clearing by a doctor to exercise due to pregnancy
>dad growls
>wtf
>dad leaves through the front door and drives off
>oh shit
>mother and daughter crying
>I tell them that I'll be leaving
>I call social services because I have to as a part of safeguarding vulnerable people
>I got some 13yo kid arrested for rape because he was the older one in the couple
>I was hired for a couple of sessions after the daughter had her baby (and gave it up for adoption) to help her get back into sports
Not really a funny one but you see a lot of shit when you train people.
>>
>>35515888
>this is a guy who would be at the round table ordering the bombers to take off and nuke Russia
O-10 probably, but not a O-9 they mostly over see large amounts of troops and occasionally oversee special projects in the pentagon.

It's more of an interim rank thank anything.
>>
>>35516141
Not an aussie, I live in the midwest where your dollar goes a lot further than the coasts
>>
>>35516559
Another one
>hired to train someone in their home gym
>middle aged black guy called John
>8 bedroom house, pool, gym in basement with half a basketball court in the 2nd basement
>he says he has a company that runs itself and he just watches TV and wants to get fitter
>he is a bit evasive when I ask about his company, I don't press if he doesn't want to talk
>"Anon I have all this shit but don't know how to use it, I want you to train me and sort me out a meal plan"
>full body routine for first 2 weeks, meal plan sorted
>training him 3 days a week @£30 an hour, 1.5 hour sessions
>as the weeks progress I notice things like sofas going missing
>then the TV is missing
>I say "don't you get bored without your TV?"
>"not really, I moved it to my holiday home"
>another month passes and the living room is bare
>I don't care though because I'm being paid, at this point we are doing 4 sessions a week
>Another 6 weeks pass
>I ask if I can get a progress picture for advertising, he lost 2 stone and looks a lot better than when we started
>client says "not big on having my picture taken, sorry"
>no worries mate
>next week he says "I'm going on holiday, going to show off my beach body, come round in 2 weeks Anon, here's a parting gift in case I fall in love and move there to be with some spanish woman"
>gives me a rolex
>holy fuck are you sure??
>"Anon I couldn't have done this without you"
>2 weeks pass and I arrive at the house
>I knock and a white guy opens the door
>"who the fuck are you?"
>I'm John's personal trainer
>you have been in the house?
>...yeah, we train in the gym
>he asks me to come in and chat about training
>police arrive and I'm arrested on suspicion of theft
>John broke in and sold the owner's possessions while pretending to live there, cleared most of the rooms and sold anything valuable including jewellery
>I'm released because I didn't steal shit nor did I know anything
>had to give the rolex back because it was stolen
>>
File: 1738957.gif (1 MB, 360x279) Image search: [Google]
1738957.gif
1 MB, 360x279
>>35493413
I'll cap this one
geezus my sides are in orbit
>>
File: 1363178993980.gif (17 KB, 200x220) Image search: [Google]
1363178993980.gif
17 KB, 200x220
>>35516352
>>35516559
>>35516805
jesus
>>
>>35515374
Yeh like almost $4 faggot
>>
>>35516805
>>35516559
>>35516352

10/10
>>
OK LISTEN UP FUCKERS, I HAVE A QUESTION FOR LA FITNESS EMPLOYEES:

A while ago, there was a receptionist who gave me her number and offered to update the debit card on my account since i had a new card. she gave me her number and text me about trying to lift at her gym instead and all of that. but after we took care of the debit card business, i havent heard or seen her. she was a cute latina so im not sure if it was some scam for my debit card information or it was some thing where you guys get some sort of reward for updating members accounts or something?

or was she just giving me her number and really wanted to fuck instead?
>>
>>35516805
Holy fuck that's hilarious
>>
File: 1397137524396.jpg (121 KB, 417x318) Image search: [Google]
1397137524396.jpg
121 KB, 417x318
>Work at University track and field centre
>first day on the job after training complete
>local high school programs come in the evening
>have a gymnastic area with ropes
>anyone can use "at their own risk"
>someone kid with no idea what that means uses it
>kid slides down the fucking rope
>good 15 feet
>hands shredded the fuck up

Never saw him step foot in the gym again. His hands were pretty bad. Apparently some people have been hospitalized over it.
>>
I work at a uni gym at an expensive southeastern private school. My day consists entirely of taking dabs on the clock, flirting with cardio bunnies and helping our elderly patrons.
>mfw my supervisor has sent me to go buy him oil on the clock
>took a fat glerb at the dealers house with my superiors wax
>Iwin.jpeg

Literally the easiest job ever, the pay is mediocre but I get to make wisecracks with all these successful lawyers and get a nifty job out of law school

I love my life
>>
>>35515888
I used to lift at a small forgotten gym in Norfolk.. Can't remember the name though
>>
>>35516141
$25 AUD is $17.61 USD you dumbass.
>>
I work as assistant director in a typical 24/7 commercial gym in Canada

>people throwing fits because they have to pay to cancel their membership, like that shit is supposed to be free
>pajeet and blacks make up like 75% of our late payments
>a guy cancelled his membership because of me
>angry black women whinning about the everything in the gym after their weekly zumba class
>regulars telling me about his new sick 2 hour long arm workout (he must weight around 130lbs)
>I advice a customer to invest his 100$ on a meal plan rather than a tub of ISO. i got scuffed at.
There's like 20-30 members who actually know what they do, that's about it. I get good deals on supplements and I sell some gear to the regulars so life is good.
>>
File: 1444471507621.jpg (32 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
1444471507621.jpg
32 KB, 480x320
>>35519249
>they have to pay to cancel their membership, like that shit is supposed to be free

I've never used a public gym but why the fuck would you have to pay to cancel your membership? And how much do they have to pay?
>>
>>35497609

most people have trouble differentiating between these two things; the culture is often more (much more) hated than the actual ethnicity/skin color.
>>
>>35507536
>Ripperoni jabronis
awesome...
>>
>>35519327
That's how gyms make their money pham, it's in the contract that if you do a plan you have to pay it out. My annual is $611 and the gym is getting that money even if you try to drop out in the first week. If you don't pay it goes on your debt record and they give it to a collection agency.
>>
>>35519327
Depending of the membership, they get a special price so when they cancel before the end, we take away that special price. The fee usually around 30 - 80 $, depending on the duration and when they cancel it
>>
>>35519365
I should add that not all gyms do this, some just make you pay a flat fee to cancel it but a lot of them make you pay it out, so dumbasses who want to drop out should really just keep going because they're going to have to pay for it regardless.
>>
>>35519401
A Gym's favorite costumer is one that continues to pay but never actually shows up.
>>
At what times are gyms the least busy?
>>
>>35519567
Times when normal people are at work, like noon. Between about 10am and 2pm monday through friday most gyms are pretty much empty, except some people who go lift during their lunch break.
>>
>>35519567
Also, late at night, like after 9 or 10pm.
>>
>>35502981
Yes it is. Andrew from the front desk. Did mostly morning shifts about 4am-12pm for the most part. Also I went to Ryan. Who's this?
>>
>>35480543
Ayy sacramento fag
granite bay here, nigger
>>
>>35520772
rich cunt
>>
>>35495145
>Managers and corporate office gave zero fucks about the members, all they ever cared about was the number of new memberships sold per month. Nothing else mattered. Managers were all professional salespeople (one dude literally owned a car lot before getting the job)

I went to that gym for one month when they were running some promotion where it was free to anyone in the month of August.

I was up front with the guy that I was just there for the promotion and once school started in September, I would go back to using my school's gym.

Guy kept fucking calling me asking about how I was liking the gym and shit. I get he still has to try and sell me a membership, but I can't imagine there is anyone who wouldn't find that shit off-putting.

Also the locker room smelled like a hamster cage.
>>
>>35505347
nope 300 minutes
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LM_7pN-TJgM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
>>
>>35521585
>>35505347

goddam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM_7pN-TJgM
>>
>>35520972
That sounds exactly like what I would expect for that gym. All they cared about was having the most sales in the region.
>>
>>35480430
I go to retro in cherry hill. It's not that great, only one squat rack, nowhere to do deadlifts. The manager/owner is also a super stuckup cunt
>>
>>35521631
Yeah I've been there a couple times. I just go to worlds in Philly now. Best cheap gym in the area. Plus close to home so I'm not complaining
>>
>me being 14 doing work experience in a gym
>boring as fuck, mostly just sitting somewhere doing nothing
>one day boss comes to me and tells me to get water from the shower to put it in the sauna
>walk into bathroom and see like 3 naked old men with aesthetic bodies showering
>me being shocked and just close door really quick
>tell Boss i did the job
>mfw old people waited for sauna hours long and had to leave at 10
>>
>>35518291

Get a new card again

Don't toil over the stupid girl, just get a new card and move on.
>>
>>35480514
FUCK group fitness trainers man. I've been working in gyms for 10 years and they are the single worst thing ive encountered.
>>
>>35481464
The gay downs in the saunas are ridiculous here in DC. Happens at my clubs too. They post Craigslist and backpage ads to set times and dates. They used to bash the lights out of the saunas so nobody would see in. Then we put small cages over the lights. Never use the sauna of LA Fitness in the DC area. They don't clean that shit properly.
>>
>>35520758

This is John.

John Kimbel
>>
>>35513437
Oh sheeeit. Allston bro here. Which gym/box do you coach at?
>>
>>35515888
Meet a decent amount, about 10-15, of generals(retired and active) as a cadet, so far all have been genuinely nice and charismatic as hell.
>>
>>35516805
John is a fucking legend
>>
>>35480809
That sounds awesome. No problems with idiots yet, or are you very selective with clients?
Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.