[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Modified pushups
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: download.png (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download.png
7 KB, 275x183
Is the modified push just as effective as a regular pushup? Or should it only be used for people beginning to workout?
>>
Only for people who can't do a standard push-up with proper form.
>>
I can only do 2 strict form pushups (5'9" 195 lb fatass) so I do 3 sets of 2 real plus 10 girl pushups. As I lose more weight and get stronger I will do more strict pushups.
>>
>>37091839
Any advice for someone starting out?
>>
>>37091864
Get muscles to begin with, even I can do 25 formed push-ups you little piece of shit
>>
>>37091932
I'm working on it I little by little. I started last month with my diet I completely changed up my food pantry and eating habits. After I started seeing progress I just recently started adding exercise after quite a few years of being sedentary.
>>
>>37091932
Why are the bottom of the barrel dyel posters always the first to shit on people?
>>
>>37091956
I'll crush your little spine you crack head lookin muthafuckin stick, why don't you give me your address you little man?

Surely you aren't afraid of me bitch
>>
>>37091864

I was 330 when I started. Best advice for just starting out is drop weight. I couldn't even do a girl pushup at my fattest. Other than that, dumbell flys or bench to get the chest stronger.
>>
>>37091983
I'm 6'2 238 I wanted to start before I started getting huge. I also noticed how people no longer liked hanging out with me. As well as the stares I get from my family.
>>
Fatty here. Been doing pushups every day until I can move somewhere that has a weight room in about 2 months.

I started out a little over a month ago barely being able to do 2 real pushups. So I'd do mostly knee pushups.

Now I can do two sets of 5 (admittedly my form is probably not great on the second set).

Then I finish out with 2 more sets of 5 knee pushups. I think they're good for starting out.
>>
>>37091956
*grabs you by the throat*

why do little worms like you feel the need to vocalize the wrong opinion so often? it's almost like you want to die.

*begins crushing your larynx*
>>
>>37091777
This doesn't emulate a proper pushup at all, the leverage from the knee throws off the movment

Progression should be made from elevated hands, to flat ground, to elevated feet.
>>
>>37092163
You absolutely shouldn't be giving anyone advice.
>>
>>37091982
youre a goof.
>>
>>37091982
Surely not mr 25 pushups
>>
Thread is so fucking cringe.
>>
>>37092204
*croaks sensually*
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.