[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to cure Acne?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 10
File: swa.jpg (55 KB, 1000x658) Image search: [Google]
swa.jpg
55 KB, 1000x658
How to cure Acne?
>>
Google it.
>>
>>37085658
Stop eating like shit

Get out in the sunlight

Don't wash your face to the point that you skin gets damaged
>>
>>37085664
nono /fit/ always have the best advice, google is no match
>>
>>37085658
Suicide. 100% chance of success.
>>
>>37085695
Does sun not fuck it up more?
>>
Drink one to two gallons of water a day. Not gatorade, not tea, but H2O. Youll be amazed after a few weeks
>>
>>37085729
Will try. Does it really work?
>>
dont use acne washes or ointments, they make shit worse
change ur sheets/pillowcases every 1-3 days
stop eating lots of carbs
stop drinking milk
hydrate allday
don't touch your face
>>
>>37085772
Got some pills from the doc, they contain tetracycline hydrochloride. They worked for some time, but not so much more.. Cont taking em?
>>
>>37085658
If its cystic then go to a derm. If it bothers you go to a derm. GO to a fucking derm if it bothers you that much. They will put you on retinoids/antibiotics/sulfates or isotretinoin if its bad or the other treatments dont work. One of the above will clear your acne 90%+ if not better within the year.

Don't listen to all the bullshit if you have cystic acne, no amount of cleaning or anything will do more than put a dent in the problem.
>>
>>37085658
Only way to cure it permanently is Isotretinoin or as most know it by it's main brand name Accutane. It's the only way to permanently reduce your sebum production. It's got a lot of possible side effects though, like dry skin, chapped lips, mood swings, depression and you might get an increased risk of getting crohn's disease, not proven though. Talk to your dermatologist about it, if you think it's worth the risks.
>>
Hit puberty or sunbathe
>>
>>37085859
>Hit puberty
That's exactly when it develops due to quickly changing hormone levels you retard.
>>
>>37085658
Mine started going away when i lost my virginity
>>
>>37085658
go to a derm and get accutane, i just got off 6 month cycle of it, only side effects for me were dry skin and point pain, the only really bad side effect you need to look out for is vision change as this could be a cyst on your brain. but really, i have severe cystic acne on my back since i turned 13, now its only red spots from scars. nothing some sun and retinoid cream cant fix.
>>
>>37085910
hmm, its not that bad, so i think i will just start to live a better lifestyle. Last couple of weeks i have been drinking tons, and not getting any sleep at all. Maybe thats the problem :D
>>
>>37085658
Try being Chad
>>
>>37085658
Try Paula's choice 2% skin perfecting bha exfoliant liquid. People swear by the stuff and it has helped my skin a lot. If its proper cycstic acne though pills would probably be recommended just because you can't really beat them.
>>
>>37085910
Why does sun help with back acne problems? I mean, it does, it always helps me at least - during winters my back is always disgusting, red and full of acne/scars/red spots, but in the summers, It only takes me like two days out for like 1 hour a day sunbathing, and it's almost all gone. Can I emulate this effect with some creams/drugs/vitamins/food or anything?
>>
>>37085658
Old fag here. Before you go to doctor and start brandishing all sorts of chemicals there are wholistic things to do in th interim as medical managment procedures.

1) Change. your. pillowcases. Think about it, you sleep on them shmooshed with facial oils on a nightly basis for 8-10 hours. Have Ma Dukes get you like 5-7 sets and swap out every 48hrs. Could go everyday for optimal consideration.

2) Get some sun on it. Drying them out which is what acne products do anyways cuase they have alcohol. Dab alcohol on them once in a while too anyways won't hurt, but get some sun on your face.

3) stop. eating. sugar. None, man. or potato chips. if you want acne, continue to eat this shit.

4) don't touch face with hands, oil transfers easy from hands to face. work at it. after a week it won't be difficult.

These are 4 prescriptions that will help indefinitely.
>>
>>37085658
If you're as cute as that guy, don't worry about it and it will just clear up in time.
>>
>>37086215
fuck off retard
>>
>>37085755
Yes
>>
>>37085818
Took similar pills, they've helped at the beginning too... i've quit after they didn't help anymore. Somehow it's getting better by itself, just started taking zinc. Also avoid vitamin b6 and b12 (often contained in protein powders). Making gains even though i'm not taking any powder anymore
>>
>>37086215
I did all of this and it fixed mine. Of course I also ended puberty around the time I began this. So I'm not sure if it all helped or not. But placebo effects can still do great things, and this stuff can't hurt, so you might as well try it.
>>
Load shotgun, pour benzoyl peroxide into barrel, aim at face, pull trigger
>>
tfw I had acne from 14 to 20 years old.
It destroyed my confidence and I rarely left the house. Getting girls before that was easy as picking up the soap in the prison.
>>
stop eating shit and drink plenty of water
>>
File: GODOFWHY.jpg (49 KB, 413x565) Image search: [Google]
GODOFWHY.jpg
49 KB, 413x565
>>37087731
>tfw BP meds are RX only in my country
>tfw have to go my derm doc every three months or so to get a prescription
>>
Isotrex 20 mg twice a day (breakfast) for 6 to 8 months
But is bad for your liver :p
Dont drink alcohol
>>
I used all sorts of acne medication and creams for years and years. I have really oily skin so that doesn't help either. But this Christmas someone bought me body wash and moisturizer as a gift and instead of throwing it away I decided to use the moisturizer and now I've been acne free since winter. I'm pretty angry I didn't realize this in high school.
>>
File: image.jpg (151 KB, 1600x1185) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151 KB, 1600x1185
>>37085695
>>37085772
>>37086215
>>37087773
Don't listen to these people. You're diet doesn't have anything to do with it. It's a myth.
>>
>>37085658
Disregard the bro scientists and go see a dermatologist.
>>
dermatologists will prescibe some shit that is no more effective than changing your pillow cases +$600 bucks

99% of doctors are memes
>>
Wait til you finish puberty. I stopped getting pimples at around 20. Every now and then I'll get one on the chin or lip.

Otherwise, change your pillowcase every other day, or put a towel on it and flip every night. Drink lots of water and wash your face with a cleaner once a day. Use just water and a towel when not using the cleaner.
>>
File: 1437626607550.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1437626607550.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>37087861
just like how your weight isn't affected by what food you eat, huh?
>>
Quit drinking so much soda
>>
>>37085702
You're wrong though. His acne won't get worst but he'll have it forever.
>>
My acne is almost all gone, but my face is still fairly red. What's the best way to get rid of that shit?
>>
>>37085658
SEE A DOCTOR
E
E

A

D
O
C
T
O
R

Please do it, if he can't help see a different doctor. Retinoids fixed my acne really quickly, but I still got scars on my face and body because I didn't go to a docor soon enough.
>>
see some sunlight
throw away anti acne products
use nattty soap and cold water only
drink water only and don't eat shit
get your vitamins, especially vitamin A (carrots and spinach is great)
and most important get out of puperty

this helped me from terrible acne since 13 to babyface
>>
>>37085658
Go vegan. Seriously.
>>
>>37085910
Seconded. Isotretinoin is the shit. The side effects suck; dry skin, chapped lips, etc. But after only 1 month on it my skin looks so much better. 28 years old here. Don't listen to shit about the sun, diet, etc. Sometimes your body is just fucked and you need medical treatment.
>>
>>37088281
No, really, look it up. Despite your best anecdotal evidence, it turns out that your diet really has fuck-all to do with acne.
>>
Dermatologist. 4 month of accutane cleared my skin.
Bad thing is, you can't start it on summer days as you are not supposed to get much direct sunlight during accutane.
>>
>>37088517
agree, used to have terrible terrible acne. Tried many things, even some prescription shit but isotretinoin is the only thing that helped.
Made my skin 10000times better in just 3 months.
>>
>>37085709
Evaporates oil and shit. Also get a fucking sponge to clean your skin.

>>37085695
This.

Less grease and sugar in diet, more running outside, hygiene and you are fucking done.

If you can't complete anything above then this >>37085702
>>
>>37085658
Accutane. That's it.
>>
Acne is a white and asian people condition.
>>
>horrible acne
>docs don't want to give me accutane

what now
>>
It depends on the severity.

Mild (under 10 pustules)? Go with Benzoyl Peroxide. You can also ask your doctor to prescribe you a topical retinoid derivative. (Tretinoin, tazoratene or adaplene). In general you're going to go with mostly topical agents.

Moderate (10-40 pustules)? Benzoyl Peroxide, plus a topical antibiotic such as clindamycin. You can also get topical retinoid derivatives here too. Can also do oral antibiotic (tetracyclines) if it gets worse. If you're at that stage though you're probably on a retinoid derivative. There are a lot of options here. Topical agents and oral antibiotics.

Severe (40+)? Either 1 or 2 things. Topical retinoid and an oral antibiotic OR Oral retinoid (aka Accutane) Oral antibiotics, topical retinoids and last resort, oral retinoids

Combination therapy usually helps. If you're on antibiotics of any kind, you want to use Benzoyl Peroxide with it too because it will help reduce resistance with the bacteria.
>>
>>37089066
Switch docs or get other meds (tretinoin, without the iso)

If you can't ever get that because you're alergic or whatever you can still be a hero.
>>
>>37085709
Sunlight kills bacteria or something like that
>>
>>37085658
I used to have horrific acne. Found that having a shower in the evening and removing sugar helped massively.

I also had some creams. Would wipe my face/shoulders/back with 2% salicyclic acid in cyclohexane (and a bunch of other ingredients) which really removed the grime then put "Duac" cream on. Same thing with the acid in the morning and then put on some "Isotrexin" jelly type thing.

Cleared everything up in about two months. Good luck mate.
>>
>>37085658
get off 4chan and go outside faggot.
>>
Take accutane then have crippling depression for the rest of your life
>>
is face wash okay to use everyday? does that have anything to do with stopping acne?
>>
I saw a dermatologist for back acne when I was younger. They gave me a pill to take and it cleared it right up.
>>
>>37088991
ever seen native americans?
>>
>>37085772
1-3 days is way too much dude. Aim for once per week or the cleaning products in the pillowcase will fuck you up senpai
>>
>>37085658
accutane. for some people like me that is the ONLY solution
>>
File: 81iXvz+u-2L._SX522_.jpg (64 KB, 522x581) Image search: [Google]
81iXvz+u-2L._SX522_.jpg
64 KB, 522x581
This worked for me, and I was one of those people who thought OTC medications never worked.

You need to use all 3 though properly.

>>37085695
>Stop eating like shit

I ate a pretty clean vegan diet for years, had no effect on my acne.

>Get out in the sunlight

This damages your skin though, and makes you less white. I want to show off my white European genetics.
>>
>>37091042
>Take accutane then have crippling depression for the rest of your life
I had accutane and it didn't do shit to me
>>
>>37093423
I mean it did help with clearing my face, but it didn't make me depressed or anything
>>
>>37091721
i took accutane.
i'm 30 and i still get cystic acne.
ha. ha. ha. ha.
>>
>>37089066
I don't know why they wouldn't, it's fine. I don't even want to shill for it, the side effects are minimal to non-existent if you double down on staying hydrated.

My acne wasn't even really bad when I started, I had just been dealing with it for such a long time that I wanted to finish it.
>>
File: smudge.png (203 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
smudge.png
203 KB, 499x499
>>37085882
>>
>>37091168

Don't use dryer sheets
>>
Accutane cleared my face within 3 months, my face is now clear and smooth :3.
Would take again.
>>
>Go to Doctor
>Tell doctor "I want to see a Dermatologist"
>Go to dermatologist
>Let dermatologist examine you
>Tell dermatologist you would like to go on "Accutane"
>Dermatologist warns you and asks if you have depression or suicidal thought
>"lel, it alright, nah never been suicidal"
>Get Accutane
>Acne clears up 4months-year
>>
>>37093483
>side effects non-existent
>accutane linked to crohn's
lol
>>
>>37085658
two friends of mine went on some acne medication. for like 3-4 months (while they took the meds) they could not use alcohol for some reason but afterwards they were completely acne free, and I mean full pizza face abominations to baby face.

don't remember what those meds were called though
>>
File: You're a fucking moron.jpg (27 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
You're a fucking moron.jpg
27 KB, 480x320
>>37088281
I didn't realize acne was caused by a caloric surplus.
>>
>>37093544
Probably accutane.
>>
>>37093554
yep, pretty sure that's the one. their skin was also extremely dry throughout the whole ordeal
>>
File: 1316491432171.png (82 KB, 300x287) Image search: [Google]
1316491432171.png
82 KB, 300x287
Ignore everyone who says anything about diet; they're retards.

if you have normal acne, going on that reddit for skincare will help you get rid of it. same with the pillowsheet changing meme thing. exercise will help too. steroids will worsen it.

if you have nodular/cystic acne or just resistant acne, then the only thing that can possibly help you is accutane. there is literally no other option.

t. had acne worse than OP pic for 10 years and tried everything. the only thing that worked was accutane.
>>
>>37093611
accutane turned me into a vampire
i couldn't even expose myself to indirect sunlight without feeling pins and needles across my body
skin was constantly breaking
it did help my acne a lot, unfortunately, i still get some here and there though
>>
>>37093671
It helps to do it in a dark season of the year.
Did it in winter here in germany, I had absolutely no problems with the sun.
Sucks if you live in a year round sunny state/country.
>>
Pray to god.
Serious. I had awful acne, went away overnight after I asked him to help out.
>>
>>37093699
yeah that's a good move. i live in arizona in the U.S. lolll
desert heat and sun
>>
>>37093671
I'm from iceland and they did it in the winter. if you go to school or have a job, there are like a solid 5 months a year where you barely even see the sun
>>
>>37093778
>I'm from iceland
I always wondered, how is life on iceland?
Do you like it there? How is the nature? Do you have lots of tourists?

t. germanfag
>>
>>37093778
is that depressing? sounds fun, but maybe depressing after a while
>>
>>37093649
you should always change your pillow sheets and bed sheets. that's not a meme. and even if you don't have acne you should be doing it.

benzoyl peroxide is my suggestion. cleared my face, back and chest during a time when nothing seemed to be working. anything with salicylic acid didn't work at all and made my face feel even grosser. best part you can buy the foaming stuff for 8 bucks and it'll last you 2 months
>>
>>37093803
>Do you like it there?
I like it, biggest difference I feel when going to other countries is, tap water is shit (and bottled water even more shit) and there are niggers everywhere
>How is the nature?
not really an outdoors man but you don't have to travel far to see some pretty neat sights
>Do you have lots of tourists?
downtown Reykjavík is packed with tourists and the main nature locations
>>37093824
skammdegisþunglyndi (winter depression) is a real thing here, and iirc Icelanders are the biggest anti depressant consumers (per capita) in europe.
then of course in the height of the summer we can have sunlight up to like 23 hours a day and during those times we are all happy as shit
>>
>>37093947
>skammdegisþunglyndi (winter depression) is a real thing here, and iirc Icelanders are the biggest anti depressant consumers (per capita) in europe.
Dont you guys have tanning beds there?
This probably would help a lot if its mostly dark outside, wouldn't it?
>>
>>37093944
>you should always change your pillow sheets and bed sheets. that's not a meme. and even if you don't have acne you should be doing it.
on a regular basis? sure.
every single night like people suggest here for acne? absolutely not unless you see results from shit like benzoyl peroxide in the first place.

if you have the bad kind of acne then you could have the same sheets and pillowcase on your bed for 6 months, take accutane, and you'll never see another pimple in your life.
>>
>>37093966
some of us do hit the tanning beds in the winter, but tanning beds just give you color, they don't substitute the vitamins you're missing from the sun
>>
ProActive you fucking retard.

It's literally advertised everywhere.
>>
>>37085658
>How to cure Acne?

>eat immune oriented foods
>drink lots of water
>wash atleast your pillow sheet weekly(seriously, it helps)
>stop eating so much inflammatory promoting foods
>have basic hygiene

unless you have a hormone problem any of the above work fine.
>>
I took accutane for two years, then doxycyclin for six months. I change my sheets every 5 days or so; I shower in the morning and after I exercise. My face cleared up, but I still get bacne (although not nearly as bad as pre-accutane). In the past two years I've been getting a lot of thigh acne.

It never ends. I'm 27. I'm thinking of eating beef liver every day since I heard that's a good way to get vitamin A.
>>
>>37094006
>but I still get bacne (although not nearly as bad as pre-accutane). In the past two years I've been getting a lot of thigh acne.
means you need more accutane at a higher dose, retard.

must have been on a babby dose if you took if for 2 fucking years.
>>
>>37094013
I was on twice the recommended dose. It fucked me up to the point where I would sometimes struggle to eat more food than a slice of pizza.

When I told another doctor about it he was surprised that anyone allowed me to take that much Accutane for half a year, let alone two years.

I had keloid scars all over my back but I got a beautician to reduce/remove most of them around the same time I was taking doxycyclin.

I guess I could go on doxycyclin again. It pretty much died down from ages 21-24 so I thought I was done.
>>
anyone tried lemon juice mixed with water to try getting rid of acne scars? any success? I've pretty much dealt with my acne and all I have left is scarring and redness.
>>
File: ngbbs4c0dc28e4bc00.jpg (43 KB, 599x539) Image search: [Google]
ngbbs4c0dc28e4bc00.jpg
43 KB, 599x539
more important than any other advice in this thread:

exfoliate

acne is typically the result of dead skin buildup + oil getting trapped under the dead skin

if you are frequently removing the dead skin then you have a good chance of preventing pimples from forming

try using a loofah w/o soap in the shower or something similarly abrasive-but-not-too-abrasive and gently scrub your face

also change your pillow case on the regular

don't touch your face ever; your hands have all kinds of shit on them

^ this advice will drastically improve the skin condition of the vast majority of the people reading this

also CeraVe moisteurizer is buh-LESSED
>>
>>37093477
sorry about your luck, friend.
>>
>>37085658
kys
>>
File: 1460544596595.jpg (584 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
1460544596595.jpg
584 KB, 1280x1920
>>37085658
You don't need medication, only for extreme cases.

Quit eating dairy, don't eat crap and get into the sun.

Less/not apping less helped me also, orgasm causes swings in hormone levels (hormones cause acne).

And switch your whey for eggwhite protein powder.
>>
>>37095746
fapping*
>>
>>37094043

I tried the lemon juice thing a few years ago and it didn't help.
In my case, most of the scars faded on their own. Only after 3+ years though.
>>
what does it mean if you have acne and are a vegan?
>>
>face finally clears up
>out of nowhere a deep red pimple appears

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

there's a huge red spot on my cheek and it will probably take 2-3 days to fade in my experience
>>
>>37095746

Fapping does increase prolactin levels post orgasm (which is speculated to cause hormonal acne to some degree) but the levels quickly normalise so I'm not sure it's the main cause.

What I would say is that, if you're wanking alot, you're most probably a depressed, lonely, stressed person which means your dopamine levels will be low which will keep you prolactin levels higher around the clock.

Dairy did help my skin a lot, amongst other things.
Getting sun does definitely help. Sunscreen is a total meme unless you're going to be in it directly for extended periods of time. That shit is chock full of estrogenic hormones that get absorbed into your bloodstream very quickly through your skin.
Better to just wear long sleeves and a wide brimmed, sun shading hat to keep the sun out of your face too much and avoid being in the sun at peak hours.

I also stopped using moisturiser which helped. I swear about 2 weeks after I stopped my facial hair started to fill in. Probably unrelated but could have something to do with topical application of all that hormone fucking gunk they put in store bought lotions.
Use oil (coconut oil is great) if dry skin is a problem.

Other than that getting plenty of beta carotene (vit a) and washing using pine tar soap and a muslin cloth at night (nothing in the morning beside a little bit of water that might splash on my face in the shower) has really helped with my complexion and oil production.

It mostly comes from inside though. Eat loads of raw broccoli, avocado, oily fish, fatty meats and fibre... Get your fucking fibre.

Supplement zinc (i do 50mg picolinate every night) and magnesium (citrate 400mg a night) and vit d3 (5,000 every morning).

Lastly, exercise regularly (not a problem if you're here) and try and keep your stress down. Chill out about your skin. No one fucking cares anyway.
>>
>>37095931
It means you eat shit, like most vegans do
>>
>>37095987

Meant to say 'quitting diary helped my skin alot'.
>>
>>37095987
>That shit is chock full of estrogenic hormones
Sauce?
>>
>>37085658
>How to cure Acne?
Stop drinking cowmilk.
>>
>drink shitloads of water
>dont touch your face
>get Isotrexin or some other cream with antibiotics
>dont fall for accutane shills
>go to doc and let him check your for allergies/intolerences
>dont wash your face too often
>>
>>37096008

Google 'sunscreen hormones' and pick any results you want. It's common knowledge that sunscreens, especially chemical ones, can fuck with your hormones. Wearing it every day come rain or shine is just not good if you're a man concerned with maximising test and keeping estrogen down.
>>
>>37096044
I did not know that. Thanks.
>>
>>37093539
There's no direct link

Again I'm not trying to defend it for no reason, it worked for me and everyone I've ever met that's used it. If you don't want to risk it then I don't blame you.
>>
>>37085658
Accutane. Don't make the mistake of gaining weight while on it, you'll get stretch marks
>>
>>37085658
its crucial you dont touch your face during the gym. nobody washes their hands, espicially the guys using free weights and the bars, after they piss NOBODY washes... lots of people grabbing their pits, wiping sweat, some grabbing their assholes then gripping the bar. the place is nasty as FUCK but the iron must be pushed. I forced myself to use my forearms/elbows to wipe sweat and itches and will not touch my face or body with my hands until i wash my hands for about a minute and half with lots of soap under warm water.. guarantee to clean up your acne asap.

other helpful tips i can give you that helped me:
>alcohol, rubbing alcohol works but the store bought ones specifically for reducing oils on the face and acne work the best
>eat less greasy foods. every time i went out for pizza with my mates or something, i always broke out... hence the name "pizza face"
>if you do eat shit one night, drink 4-5 cups of water before bed so you can flush out some of the toxins and reduce an outbreak
>get acne cream (lol) apply with dedication
>wash your face whenever you can
this >>37096039 has good advice, other than not washing your face. My acne really cleared up on my chest area when I specifically washed it with soap two times a day, and started applying alcohol. I have zero acne problems to this day because of the steps above.

If none of them help you OP, which I'm 99.99999% they will, the biggest links for you are going to be:

>Diet
greasy, fatty and crappy junk food will contribute to acne. Don't be using roids brah you gonna get acne no matter what. Steroids = influx of test, and an influx of test = acne. That's why roid heads get massive acne attacks ya know.
>Allergies
like another anon said, you could be breaking out because of your surroundings and allergies. Happened to me a couple times. Open some windows, get more fresh air, flush your system out with water, take some vitamin C.

If you're underaged, don't stress ya cheeky cunt.
>>
Stop eating dairy. Worked for me.
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.