[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cut or Bulk Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_8984.png (2 MB, 1224x1632) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8984.png
2 MB, 1224x1632
Been bulking for about 6-7 months, I gained 28 lbs. I am in a point where I don't know if I should cut, get lean and then keep bulking or just keep bulking.
>>
>>37084045
attention whore thread*
FTFY
>>
>>37084110

:(
>>
Cut
>>
Looking good. You can do a mini cut if you want but you're not fat or anything. If you want to cut for the beach, that's cool too.
>>
>>37085470

Yeah, that's exactly what some people told me. Do a minicut like go from 82 kg to 77 kg or so. And then keep bulking.

The thing is that I don't care about beach, music festivals,... Like I don't mind not being cut for those things.

My gains > girls
>>
>>37085491
Keep telling yourself that bro
>>
>>37085491
Then keep bulking, make it a complete year of bulking and then cut
>>
>>37084045
recomp
>>
>>37085567

Thoughts on intermittent fasting?
>>
>>37085722
Very great way to make dieting easy, just make sure your workout is planned in the middle or beginning of eating window
>>
>>37085760

I should look more information about it! I normally train in the morning 12.00 am (before eating) and take a shake with 2 scoops of protein + instant oats, during workout. Then at 3.00-4.00 pm is when I eat my lunch.

And works pretty fine for me, since in my country we are used to eat lunch pretty late.
>>
File: 20160508_210438-1.jpg (1 MB, 1961x1323) Image search: [Google]
20160508_210438-1.jpg
1 MB, 1961x1323
>>37084045
OP I'm a layman, but you seem to be getting along well. I'd say if you wanna walk around shirtless this summer you could cut a little. Otherwise just continue what you're doing and cut later, cause it seems to be working well for you. You're gonna make it.

I hope to be at your point in 6-7 months, but if possible with a lower bf%. Did you do SS or a different routine? Do you happen to have a before pic?

My question: I'm 186cm (6'1), 75kg (165lbs) and 25 yo. I haven't done any exercise apart from running to the bus in the past 3-4 years. My sedentary life, careless diet and drinking lots of beer resulted in my body becoming skinnyfat overall (pic related, unflexed). I have chicken legs/arms, but some fat on my belly and lovehandles. I had a bit of a buffer because my whole life until I was 20, I was quite into sports like field hockey (so I was lean/skinny). On top of that, I gain fat relatively slowly due to being a quasi-ectomorph (narrow to medium frame) with fast metabolism. Downside: I don't gain muscle volume easily either.

Now I plan to do SS or some other novice routine to get strong because I wanna be able to carry my 60kg/130lbs girl long distances because she can't walk much, as well as fuck her while holding her up in the air by her ass. My second goal is to become aesthetically pleasing (visible abs and the like).

Since I don't get buff quickly, I'd prefer to stay on the lean side so I can still look athletic. However, because I have gut I worry the SS program/diet will bury my to-be abs under an even thicker layer of fat. Tho being a slow gainer, I doubt eating under maintenance while lifting at first would be smart. I also expect that at a later stage I'd lose my noobie gains at a tremendous rate from cutting. I need to balance staying as lean as possible while eating above maintenance. Depends on diet?

I'd appreciate any advice on how to start out. Cut first, then do SS? Or just jump into SS? Or look into a different routine/diet?
>>
File: 20160508_210931-1.jpg (2 MB, 2509x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160508_210931-1.jpg
2 MB, 2509x1836
>>37088374
Tl;dr:
>25 yo, 6'1/186cm & 165lbs/75kg
>skinnyfat with chicken legs (pic related: this post is flexed, see above post for unflexed)
>want to get strong, but slow to gain muscle/weight, so prefer to stay lean in order to look decently athletic on the way

Question 1.
>is it possible to balance staying lean while gaining muscle with diet while eating above maintenance?

Question 2.
>have some fat on belly/love handles, so I worry SS routine + diet will make my belly more fat
>should I cut first, then SS? Or SS right away? Or a different routine/diet entirely?
>>
>>37088393
Try a lean bulk where most of your diet is protein so you gain muscle and lose fat slowly for a while, then when you have a substantial amount, begin a real bulk

If you cut now you'll just go skeleton mode
>>
>cut or bulk
if you have to ask the question you are probably skinnyfat, weak and a pussy. BULK
>>
>>37088407
>If you cut now you'll just go skeleton mode
Too true. I lose weight/muscle mass too easily, so that's not a good idea.

>Try a lean bulk where most of your diet is protein
Thanks, that seems like the best course. Any routine you wanna recommend, or could I just start with something like SS and simply change the macros to more protein & less fat/carbs?
>>
>>37088407
Also, how many cals above maintenance should I aim for with a lean bulk? The internet is full of contradicting info on this.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.