[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gaining Muscle With Only Machines
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: skinny.jpg (32 KB, 337x507) Image search: [Google]
skinny.jpg
32 KB, 337x507
My son and I want to get fit. He's recently lost a lot of weight, and I have been thin my entire life. I've lost my job, and I'm depressed. It's time to change that.

Me 38M Son 16M

I can't currently afford to start paying out the ass for a couple gym memberships, as I'm out of a job. All I have is the neighborhood gym. All that gym has is machines, probably for insurance reasons.

What machines can be substituted for normal lifts? I know that free weights are worse because they don't make you stabilize it yourself.

pic related, looks like my physique.
>>
>>37078771
>free weights are worse
I meant that machines are worse
>>
>>37078771
honestly just get a job and pay for an actual gym membership to support your son and his future and make sure he eats alot
>>
You can get a really good workout at places like planet fitness. Goodluck
>>
gym membership for two is probably more expensive over a few months than a used set of dumbbells and a pull up bar, which are basically second to barbell free weights
>>
try to get a job anywhere and go workout at planet fitness. when i was really poor i would eat a can of chefs boyardee ravioli and 4 whole eggs 6 times a day. its dirt cheap and i liked it. at planet fitness it'll be great if you're low on money because it's like 10 bucks a month and they have a lot of shit to work with. good luck man if you have any other questions im monitoring.
>>
>>37078771

Buy a pull up bar and do some calisthenics till you find a new job.

They will build enough strength and challenge you enough as a beginner that they will be fine until then.
>>
>>37078973
>>37078967
>>37078940
>>37078892
>>37079025
thank you for being serious and not calling me a poorfag
>>
>>37079638
no problem chief
>>
>>37078771
I would go the planet fitness route, pretty affordable at 10 bucks a month and it will probably be more fun for you and your son to go there than work out where you live
>>
>>37078771
What machines do they have? Machines can work but I doubt the kind of gym you're talking about has access to enough of them to work everything well.

What the fuck kinda gym doesn't even have a dumbbell rack?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.