[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: 1353101257811.jpg (110 KB, 510x518) Image search: [Google]
1353101257811.jpg
110 KB, 510x518
Questions that don't deserve their own thread thread.

I get a fair bit of pain in my left wrist when doing pushups, is there anything i can do to help myself without changing from the standard pushup technique? I can do them on my knuckles fine but i want to be able to do it normally.
>>
File: 8u67mUX.jpg (65 KB, 609x827) Image search: [Google]
8u67mUX.jpg
65 KB, 609x827
If your muscles grow to adapt to new stress,doesn't it make sense to change exercises often??I feel I won't keep growing if I do the same exercises forever and simply adding weight to them.
>>
File: tumblr_m6p0lcay3e1raukpso1_1280.png (877 KB, 928x700) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6p0lcay3e1raukpso1_1280.png
877 KB, 928x700
BUMP
>>
>>37074727
Pushups on your knuckles actually help your wrists though and give you higher rom. Keep doing them until your wrists stop being pussies
Also I want to cut out all leg workouts to save time on my workout, and I can't squat now and don't want to deadlift due to hip pain.
If I do light leg extensions, leg curls, barbell hip thrusts and calf raises on "rest day" that would be enough to keep my legs somewhat conditioned while I heal no, but not enough to where I couldn't do it every second day no?
>>
What is a good sport to do next to lifting? Just lifting is kinda boring tbqh.
Already tried climbing, but it's not for me. Any suggestions?
>>
>>37074844
>gotta confuse the muscles
>>
>>37075537
>I can't do leg exercises due to hip pain
>so I'll do these lifts that hit the hip joint to keep from healing up
>this is a good plan
>>
>>37074727
How can I fix my posture? I'm always hunched over, and it's tough to stand up perfectly straight. I'm sure a chair with back support would help, but do y'all have any exercises that could be useful?
>>
How do I make my sperm more liquid? When I come I am literally shooting bricks.
>>
>>37075549
killing yourself
>>
should you still take protein on off days?
I mean like have a protein shake, and if you should, does it matter what time of day?
normal protein, not casein or anything like that
>>
>>37075549
lifting + martial arts for ultimate confident mode
>>
>>37075673
of course lol
>>
>>37075730
i figured, I just dont know when to take it
I usually just have a shake near when i usually work out and then before i go to sleep, sound about right?
plz no bully just got enough money to start being able to take protein and all that
>>
How do I into /runningmode/? Running feels shit and if I go any harder, I'm done after 400 meters. Naturally I run on weekly basis, but I really wanna achieve the mode where your running feels light, effortless and rather pleasant.

How many times a week I should run? How should I combine running stairs/uphill running and HIIT? What's most helpful and is there something else to do to help the matter?
>>
What kind of routine would you recommend to get as close as possible to the body in this pic? Natty only of course.

Obviously very low bodyfat, so a very strict diet and probably plenty of HIIT.

What kind of lifting routine though? Would mixing in some distance running (3-5 miles) a few times a week be a bad idea?
>>
>>37075762
It doesn't matter when you take it
You could eat nothing all day and eat all your food in one setting
>>
>>37075574
use classical conditioning. every time you look at your phone, remember to stand up straight. it sounds stupid but it works. another thing that helped me out was to look at all of the pictures i was slouching in to make me feel like shit. also, treat your nipples like headlights, point them forward and out. you look so much better with good posture, lucky for you it's an easy fix if you get it down to a habit. good luck anon
>>
>>37075821
Cardio does not get you this body. Do cardio to be healthy, sure, but it has nothing to do with achieving your desired body.

Chances are you'll never look like this because your insertions are too different, or by the time you do look like that you'll desire to be bigger and think you look small and weak.

Anyway, run Greg nuckols 3 day novice bench program from his 28 free programs on strength theory.com
Do lots of lateral raises, maybe even with weight plates instead of Dumbbells and lift the weight plates above head like Lu raises.
Only do chin-ups for biceps, don't curl at all.

The only thing that stands out about that physique is chest and deltoids, everything else is small. Don't bother training core too much, it needs to be narrow.
>>
Tomorrow evening I go bouldern with a few friends, but its also my power upper body day. Gym in the morning and climbing in the evening? Or would that be too much?
>>
how long do muscles build?
I was in the gym 3 days ago, do they still grow after days or is the process done in 1-2 days?

hope you know what I mean
>>
>>37075890
>Chances are you'll never look like this because your insertions are too different

I realize I'll probably never really get that close to that actual look but I just wanted to know what lifts will get me the closest.

Thanks for the response. Any suggestions for an ab workout to get that look?
>>
>>37075656
omg such le edgy lelelelel xddddd

>>37075717
what martial art would you suggest?
>>
>>37076006
MMA or Muay Thai
>>
>>37076029
thanks bruv
>>
My gym membership ended in march but I saw that they just charged me for this month. Haven't been there for the last month, what's the chance that I'll be able to easily get my money back?
>>
I've always been fat and somewhat flabby. I have a humble goal of looking like pic related. I'd be very pleased with this. Do I even have to lift to achieve pic related? Will cardio suffice? At most some pull ups? (Gradually building up to them ofc)
>>
>>37076255
check the contract you signed, it differs per place. In any case, it's best to talk to them and just ask them directly.
>>
Should I arch my back during bench press?
>>
>skinny everywhere but have gut
I'm like 150lb, 18yo
Should I cut first or just bulk? Can I bulk but still tone myself/my stomach?
>>
>>37075574
resistance band around shoulders/ arms to pull shoulders back.
>>
I'm a 5'10 male thats been on a diet since november. I weighed over 300 pounds and now I'm around 250. I've been eating arpund 1000-1400 calories a day, pure water, chicken beef and fish and vegetables. However, people recommend that I eat 2700 calories a day. I'm not starving myself, but am I doing it wrong? Should I still increase my calories?
>>
File: IMAG0885.jpg (2 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0885.jpg
2 MB, 1520x2688
>>37076337
Forgot to mention I'm 6'
>>
Im doing the reg parks beginner routine but i cant do a single proper fucking pull-up or chin up.

How the fuck do I get better at something i cant even do once for fucks sake.
>>
/fit/, I'm on my first serious bulk and I can't find good foods I can eat that are high cal. I'm 6'6 200lbs and I'm aiming for 4500 cal a day with 200g protein. So far my diet is oats, chicken breast, rice, protein powder and milk. What else can I put in to gain mass?
>>
>>37074727
I wanna be able to sit on a chair then put my hands on the chair and lift myself up to a vertical position

how to get there? at the moment i can't do shit but i did gym a while ago and i skate every day
>>
File: Gilgamesh.full.1574396.jpg (321 KB, 650x631) Image search: [Google]
Gilgamesh.full.1574396.jpg
321 KB, 650x631
>>37074844
Well, it depends what you plan to.
If you want to simply get strong, for example, on bench, then what could be better than doing bench?
But if you want to be more like bodybuilder, then chaning exercises from time to time (for example, change them after month), it's good for you.

>>37074727
Try some forearm exercises (farmers walk?). Won't guranatee they will help you, but while working on getting your forearms stronger, your joints should get stronger too (just like knees getting better by doing squats). Ofc you can't use too big weight for your joints.

>>37075537
I would suggest to heal your hip first.

>>37075549
It depdends what you like. I personally like sometimes to swim or run, but my new cardio fun is rollerblading. Harder than I thought, but I really enjoy fast rides.
Just like anon said >>37075717
Martial arts are nice too, if you are intersted in some kind of fighter mode. From what I saw, boxing is kinda nice. Legs play big role and you need to use some tactics too, so it's not like using only fists after all (just like most people think).

>>37075578
Drink more water.

>>37075673
Take it, if it's needed to fill your macros and you have no time for meat and shit. I would suggest taking it late. Taking it on morning might make your stomach confused (it's not really food, but not really drink, you might get diarrhea that way). It's good to eat mostly proteins and fat at morning and at evening, so your body gets into that kinda "ketosis" mode.

>>37075913
It should be okay, as long, as you eat enough.
>>
>>37076500
lol Chicken Bryan from Carrabbas with garlic mash. Enjoy your 1400+ calorie meal pleb, that lemon butter sauce and grill baste is loaded
>>
>>37076261
Bump
>>
>>37077176
why would you need to lift if you don't want to gain any muscle mass? you just need to lose weight with or without exercises
>>
>>37076261
No, no exercise. Just eat at a caloric defecit.
>>
File: Fate.stay.night.full.1674255.jpg (1 MB, 800x1143) Image search: [Google]
Fate.stay.night.full.1674255.jpg
1 MB, 800x1143
>>37076261
>>37077176
Eat less, swim a lot and it should be ok.

>>37076314
It's ok to arch, but your ass should be on bench, as well as your upper part of back. But don't overdo. Look at some pros benching on youtube and you should get it.

>>37076337
Start lifting, do cardio and bulk, but just a little. Like, let's say, 200 kcal. Watch your weight. It would be best, if it wouldn't change much, but your body should change. Check your results after about month or two. Then decide again.

>>37076466
Most important part is to lower your kcal slowly. I hope that you didn't lowered your kcal from like 4k to that 1-1,5 k in one day. 100 kcal a week is really ok. Then you should go probably for about 1700-2000 kcal, I guess. Are you lifting?

>>37076994
Get a rubber and do assisted form of that exercise. You can also try to do machine pulldowns.

>>37077100
Good types of pasta, few bananas, sweet potatoes.

>>37077106
Dips maybe?
>>
>>37077100
P E A N U T B U T T E R
E
A
N
U
T

B
U
T
T
E
R
>>
>>37076314
A moderate arch (should be able to get your arm behind your back) is fine if you're training for general strength/mass.
>>
>>37077100
pasta instead of rice, (minced) meat instead of chicken, peanut butter, mass gainer, cheese, avocados
>>
File: Gilgamesh.full.1347970.jpg (263 KB, 1300x2112) Image search: [Google]
Gilgamesh.full.1347970.jpg
263 KB, 1300x2112
>>37077242
I wouldn't recommend mass gainer for beginner. Too many of those products has like a shit-ton of sugar and other cheap carbs. It might be hard for beginner to choose good one.
Also - food is always better if you can afford it and have time to eat it.
>>
What are the best exercises for every specific muscle? Is there a list? I looked at exrx but they only list all of them without any specific tier.

For example:
Lats: Chinups/pullups
Traps: Shrugs
Deltoids: OHP
Glutes: Squat

What are your favorites?
>>
>>37077219
Sweet thanks Fate. You're breddy cool. Might do some chin ups alongside swimming too
>>
>>37077272
true, but it's a cheap and easy source of calories, that's why I listed it.
>>
File: Fate.zero.full.1103611.jpg (571 KB, 750x1110) Image search: [Google]
Fate.zero.full.1103611.jpg
571 KB, 750x1110
>>37077275
Well, it's hard to answer your question. It's like asking - who is strongest? Strongman, weightlifter or powerlifter? Each one of them is really strong in their own discipline.
Some exercises a better to get strong, some a better to build muscle and some a better for conditioning or endurance.

Personally, I really enjoy OHP (even though I'm not good at them, sadly) and deadlifts. They make me feel simply strong, when I hold that weight.

>>37077281
Thanks. Chin ups are good for you, so they won't hurt.

>>37077305
That's true of course, I won't even try to deny it, but I guess you get my point.
>>
>>37077219
Thanks bro
>>
How many times is it safe to lift a week? I keep getting a bit antsy and want to lift on my off days, anything i can do to counter this?
>>
>>37077327
Not him but, this doesn't really make sense to me. Aren't exercises in themselves goal-agnostic? You can use them to move yourself in the direction you'd like by picking out sets/reps/load.
>>
File: Fate.strange.fake.full.1217619.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1453) Image search: [Google]
Fate.strange.fake.full.1217619.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1453
>>37077344
I assume you are beginner, so I would say 3-4 times a week is really ok, but it still depends on your program.
Start doing cardio on days off (like swimmin, running) or find a hobby/work.

>>37077378
I know what you mean and you are kinda right. I mean, it's not like specific exercises will give you only strenght or mass or something like this, but imagine doing deadlifts for mass or donkey kicks for strenght. It wouldn't work so well.
>>
Why do i store fat so easily?
>>
For a given calorie and protein intake, what is the difference between different ratios of fat/carbs?
>>
>>37077174
Good eyes m8, hella delicious
>>
File: Gilgamesh.full.860145.jpg (994 KB, 2480x3508) Image search: [Google]
Gilgamesh.full.860145.jpg
994 KB, 2480x3508
>>37077441
Probably you are eating wrong things/in too big servings/too much or just have slow metabolism. Try eat better, in smaller servings and more often. Start cardio to bring that metabolism up. Lift.

>>37077443
The bigger kcal you need to eat, the less % of that kcal is needed to be fat.

1 g of fat is about 9 kcal.
Let's say you have to eat 1800 kcal and your body needs 60 g of fats. Those 60 g of fats is about 540 kcal. 540 kcal is about 30% of those kcals. Your fats ratio is 30%.
Now you start bulking and need, let's say, 2700 kcal. You still need those 60 g of fats, that are 540 kcal. But now 540 kcal is only 20% of those 2700 kcals. So your fats ratio is 20%.

Same goes for carbs. Mostly those ratio is varying, because with making bigger calorie surplus you need more carbs and still same amount of fats.
>>
When I piss my stream kinda just dies towards the end and I have to force the last bit out or it'll all come out when I tuck my dick back in

Is there a way to make my stream last until the end?
>>
Can anyone tell me what a labral tear feels like?
>>
>>37077542
>your body needs 60 g of fats
So you're saying there's a certain baseline of calories from fats I need, and to make up the rest with carbs (protein already having been counted)?
>>
Would sumo deadlifts cause knee pain? And how to stop knee pain when squatting?
>>
File: Fate.strange.fake.full.972031.jpg (95 KB, 600x776) Image search: [Google]
Fate.strange.fake.full.972031.jpg
95 KB, 600x776
>>37077578
Yup, there is and it depends on your weight and height (maybe how old you are too, not sure).

>>37077547
Train kegel muscles. You will also have better control on when you want to cum and how far you can shoot.

>>37077587
Not sure if they can cause knee pain, but I guess every exercise can be done bad enough to cause some pain.

I've had knee pains too when I squated. Things that worked for my (or my friends):
- Eat jelly sometimes (maybe as cheat meal?) - sounds funny, but they are good source of gelatine
- Warm up really good - that's really important part. Do some walking/jogging/cycling, so that your knee get's warmer. Do warm up squats, don't get to heavy weight at start.
- Work on your technique - try lowering weight, record videos, ask someone to watch you. Don't get your knees inside. You can try low bar squats, they are easier to learn and it's harder to hurt knee while doing them.
- Use stabilizers for your knee on your work weight (I mean, on those real sets, no warm up sets. Squats are good to make your knee tougher, so it's not good to make them get used to stabilizers even on feather weight).
>>
How do I make my dick thicker?
>>
File: 1462044260375.jpg (1 MB, 2181x2411) Image search: [Google]
1462044260375.jpg
1 MB, 2181x2411
Could excessive squatting cause hip bursitus?
http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00409
>>
>>37077678
After reading the link again it almost seems like a dumb question, it even mentions squatting. Goddamnit.
>>
/fit/ I fell for the height frame face meme, what frame is generally regarded as most attractive?

Probably medium size I suppose
>>
In which scenario will you gain more weight:

Eat 3000 calories, burn 300 doing cardio

Eat 2700 calories, no cardio

Same amount of protein in both cases.
>>
Are inverse rows (this "vertical pullup" thing) good alternative to normal rows? Because I fucking hate rows.
>>
File: Fate.strange.fake.full.1569209.jpg (786 KB, 709x1000) Image search: [Google]
Fate.strange.fake.full.1569209.jpg
786 KB, 709x1000
>>37077793
Chad frame is best for sure.

>>37077861
You will gain more weight probably without cardio, but that will be more fat weight.

By doing that thing with cardio, you will gain less weight, but same muscle mass, if not a bit more, because each type of cardio works some muscle parts (like calfs in running, back in swimming, quads in cycling etc.).

>>37077951
You are just lifting a bodyweight that way, don't you? It will be less effective that way, than lifting actual weight.
>>
>>37077667
Ask a girl to rub it.
>>
I put a fuck ton of salt on my food and it feels like my body demands it. Everything I cook is from fresh food, not frozen dinners. Is this something I should be worried about? Is there a deficiency in my diet if i crave salt?
>>
When you do cardio and burn calories, how do you know what you've lost in regards to protein/fat/carbs?
>>
Soon-to-be-former fatty here.

I'm about three weeks into my cut which is 1600 calories per day. I stick to chicken breast, salad, fish, broccoli, peppers, fruit and occasionally nuts as a snack. So far I've been feeling great.

Yesterday morning when I woke up my stomach was feeling a little weird and all throughout the day I'd have to shit almost every two hours or so and then when I'd go I'd just squirt out little bits of liquid shit and then I'd be good. But this would happen every few hours.

It's still going on today. Any ideas? I haven't eaten anything out of the ordinary and I was having great shits up until now.
>>
File: Gilgamesh.full.1197399.jpg (289 KB, 989x700) Image search: [Google]
Gilgamesh.full.1197399.jpg
289 KB, 989x700
>>37078137
First thing - check your diet, write notes on what you eat, count the all the salt that you've consumed, learn how much sodium your body needs, check if it's ok.
Second thing - this may be just something similiar to being addicted.

>>37078684
You don't care if you lose fat that way, cause it's point of doing cardio (unless you are doing some marathons and shit).
I don't know how to count that protein thing, but just add a bit more. Not much, just a bit.
Cardio burns mostly carbs at start and then some fat.
You really shouldn't care much about "what was burned", you jest need to fill those lacking kcals with carbs and a bit of proteins.

Maybe you just poisoned yourself from some food, that wasn't really that fresh.
Maybe a bit too much fruit.
Maybe this was the day your body found out, that it lacks some things from your fatass life.
I hope you haven't changed your kcals from like 3-4 k to 1,6 k in one day. It's better to lower calories every week a bit more.
It's hard to find what was cause, because there are really big number of unknown data.
>>
File: auto-1.jpg (19 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
auto-1.jpg
19 KB, 125x125
>>37078759
??
>>
File: Gilgamesh.full.412966.jpg (252 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
Gilgamesh.full.412966.jpg
252 KB, 900x675
>>37078803
That part about poisoning etc. was meant to
>>37078693

>>37078806
Tasty, but really fat type of meat. It's okay to eat that from time to time in small servings.
>>
Squats consistently make me naseous. Whenever I finish squatting my heart is beating out of my chest and I have to bend over in a chair trying to hold down vomit.

Will this stop if I continue doing cardio? I've tried timing meals differently and drinking more water and it doesn't seem to help.
>>
File: Fate.strange.fake.full.924658.jpg (1 MB, 964x1960) Image search: [Google]
Fate.strange.fake.full.924658.jpg
1 MB, 964x1960
>>37078846
How much sets/reps are you doing? How heavy are the squats? How much do you weight? Are you more fat or skinny?
>>
What is a high test woman?
>>
>>37078869

SS so 3x5. Did 160 lbs which still feels really fucking heavy for me. Currently 6'1'', 195 pounds. My guess is around 20% bodyfat. Did everything completely wrong for about 5 months which is why my squat is still shit.
>>
File: Gilgamesh.full.1035691.jpg (236 KB, 1126x490) Image search: [Google]
Gilgamesh.full.1035691.jpg
236 KB, 1126x490
>>37078898
I don't know if you are joking or if you are new, but by /fit/ standards high test woman has big ass, thighs and wide hips.

>>37078960
Vomit thing might be connected with eating - make sure that you don't eat just few minutes before squats.

If that weight is really heavy for you, try to rest a bit longer. General idea of resting is like:
- if set was really easy, 1,5 minute should be good
- if last rep was really hard and other were ok, then 3 minutes
- if whole set was fucking tough, then 5 minutes.

Also be sure, that you are eating enough of carbs and rest well. Your body might be simply tired.

You can also try to lower your weight from 160 lbs to about, let's say, 140-150 lbs and check if it's ok then. If it's all good with lower weight, then try to progress again. Sometimes it's better to take few steps back, so you can take a lot of steps forward.

Another thing, control your breathing during squats. And of course, do warm up sets.

Cardio alos might help you, but I wanted to be sure, that you will knew some other ways to fight this problem.

Anyway, squats are really hard exercise after all, so just like in deadlifts, at some point they will commonly make feel you like this, especially if you are training for strenght.

Hope I helped you a bit.
>>
>>37078898
A fatty.
>>
>>37079059

I'll give all that a try. Sleep has been a huge issue for me in the past so I guess I'm going to have to buckle down and get it sorted out.

Thanks.
>>
You know those barbells that already have a set weight that go up in 10's?
Can I deadlift with a 50, then go up to 60,70,80,90,100 ?
There's only 1 deadlift area in my gym (really small gym) and most of the time, either someone's using it, someones waiting in line, or they dont take out the fuckin weights and I can't take it out. Usually someone has like 300 pounds on it and I can't even lift.
I was thinking about going to a corner and just Deadlift cus I only need 1 set.
>>
Is close-grip bench press a real exercise? My gym buddy almost always does it and I'm skeptical since I never see anyone else in the gym do it.

Also, I suppose this belongs in a sexual health/ no fap thread, bu I'll put it here. My dick is pretty nasty looking from years of fapping without lube. Will no fap help it heal? Is there anything I can do to undo the damage?
>>
File: Gilgamesh.full.1043585.jpg (368 KB, 764x1020) Image search: [Google]
Gilgamesh.full.1043585.jpg
368 KB, 764x1020
>>37079609
Well, generally it's really better to progress with about 5 lbs instead of 10, but as long, as it won't will have impact on your form and you will be able to linear progress, it's ok. Still, as soon, as you can or as you will start having problems with form/progress, go back to regular barbell.

>>37079628
Yup, it is real exercise. It works your triceps and shoulders more, so if you want to try it, don't take too heavy weight.
Still, I don't know to help you with your dick problem.
>>
>>37079628
Why can't you just google this?
Yes
It's a great accessory for bench that helps with lockout and places greater emphasis on triceps with a closer grip.

Nasty how? You can't really change anything but dryness

>>37079609
Generally not recommended because it doesn't have a proper plate size and will force you go lean/reach down further in order to pick up the weight (which is a bigger issue for noobs due to lack of flexibility). Also, it's a pretty fucking light weight to use for deadlifts. Maybe useful for SLDLs, but still light weight.
Also, better than nothing, as are DBs

>>37077587
Post form checks

>>37077344
Read the sticky
>>
>>37074727
I used to have that. It's gone away. I stopped doing push-ups and started benching. At first I got a bit of pain in my wrist while benching but I narrowed my grip some to compensate and overtime it went away. Push-ups are no problem. Whether the heavy lifting with good form Helped or if I just had some undiagnosed tendinitis that went away naturally with time I couldn't tell you. If it did help any i would attribute the decrease in pain to stronger forearms and better stability.
>>
You have any videos or images that personally motivate you that you want to share?
>>
>>37079667
I thought you were supposed to progress by 10's for DL
>>
File: sickkunt.jpg (88 KB, 481x603) Image search: [Google]
sickkunt.jpg
88 KB, 481x603
>>37080158
Learn to use the catalog
>>
>>37080200

Oh there was a thread already

thanks mate
>>
File: cradle.png (122 KB, 275x253) Image search: [Google]
cradle.png
122 KB, 275x253
how much do I have to lift to hold someone 150 pounds like this
>>
File: hook-grip.jpg (488 KB, 2070x1634) Image search: [Google]
hook-grip.jpg
488 KB, 2070x1634
What's the worst that can happen from using hook grip? My grip is starting to give out at around lmao4plaet, and I've seen too many videos of bicep tears using mixed grip, so I decided to use it. I heard a loud popping noise and now my right thumb knuckles hurt.
>>
>>37080628
Yeah hook grip is good if you don't care about your thumbs. Who needs them anyway?
>>
>>37080628

Bicep tears happen when you curl the weight during the deadlift, hence why it's nearly always the arm with the palm out.
>>
Is Planet Fitness good if you're a poorfat? Also, is there any jewery involved outside of the $5 down, $10 a month?
>>
>>37080674
>Poorfat
I meant poorfag. But I am fat on top of being poor.
>>
>>37080628
just use wraps and chalk
>>
File: kill me.png (2 MB, 1108x813) Image search: [Google]
kill me.png
2 MB, 1108x813
Should I just buzz it? I feel pretty self conscious about my hair at the gym, desu.
>>
>>37080681
no, you meant poorfat. it was in your subconscious
>>
>>37080941
go to /fa/'s hair general
>>
Doing SS, 256lb 6'3 approx 30% bf, should I cut or should I bulk till I am off SS or maintenance?
>>
Is muscle memory a thing? If so how long until you regain tour former strength and size?
>>
>>37080980
maintain or cunt
>>
>>37080969

I did. Nobody's replied for about an hour.
>>
>>37080998
It's real. It's kinda like how when fat people lose weight they don't lose their fat cells that they gained. When you get smaller from not working out and eating, your muscles get smaller but the nuclei you gained in your muscles during training don't disappear, once you start training again your muscles can gain size and strength much faster than before because of the already present nuclei, the same way fat people can get fat again very easily.

I've seen this process in my own life. I've been big around 3 times in my life and then stopped and lost everything, the second and third times have by far been quicker than the first.

Time will depend on how big and strong you actually were. But you can be certain it will be many times faster than the first time.
>>
>>37081000
Do you mean maintain or cut?
>>
File: 1426750177895.gif (995 KB, 160x224) Image search: [Google]
1426750177895.gif
995 KB, 160x224
when is the absolute best time to workout and where should I place my meal times in regard to this?
>>
>>37081096
no, cunt.
>>
>>37081127
So I should maintain or cunt? How does one cunt?
>>
Is stuff like stevia and hoodia a meme? Downsides?
>>
I want boobs, so I'm going to gain weight. What would be the healthiest way to go about that? Fat weight, not just muscle.

Do I have carte blanche to pig out on coconut oil?
>>
File: ChlH2u7W0AAdTdx.jpg (88 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
ChlH2u7W0AAdTdx.jpg
88 KB, 600x800
How do I kill loneliness, I'm really starting to have trouble only being able to talk to friends over messages and not having any after moving where I am for some time now.
>>
>>37081436
P U P
U
P
>>
>>37081114
Doesn't matter
>>
What am I looking for in a mass gainer as a beginner
>>
>>37080674
it's great for regular indoor cardio in cold/rainy climates when you're on a budget

it doesn't sound like you'll be setting off the lunk alarm, but they're generally ill-equipped for power lifting (in my limited exposure to PF gyms)

they might tempt you with food, so ignore this
>>
>>37081436
you have to keep meeting new people by any means, anon
volunteering and going out of your way to be generous or give back to your neighborhood can help, but at the very least get outside the house and even if you meet people you might not think you'd be friends with, be friendly as they might be a bridge to more interesting/compatible people in the area
>>
>>37081645
no one reply to him. I see the same fuckin question every fuckin day. R____THE FUCKIN S______
>>
>>37081645
Calories mainly. The only real reason to use any sort of mass gainer is if you're having trouble eating enough solid food, as liquid calories are easier to get down and won't keep you full for as long.

Many mass gainer products are pretty terrible quality though. Honestly provided you're not lactose intolerant, whole milk is your best option. It has great macros, it's real food and not some mega-processed crap, and it's very affordable. Just don't drink a gallon of it a day.
>>
what to do against mild bitchtits?
>>
>>37082077
lose weight.
>>
>>37082082
I weigh 144 lbs.
>>
File: 24.jpg (46 KB, 600x635) Image search: [Google]
24.jpg
46 KB, 600x635
This Tuesday I have to do pull ups and running.
What should I do today and tomorrow exercise wise?
Should I take it slow?
Should I stretch?
Should I do somekind of warmup before I begin the pull ups?
Also what should I eat in the morning?
TL;DR How do I get peak preformance on tuesday for pullups and running.
>>
>>37082107
Lose fat.
>>
>>37075574
cable rows and pullups
5x10 and ladders
high fucking volume
>>
>>37082135
eating at maintenence or below? I don't want to be a skeleton again.
>>
>>37082127
are you a marine? I would say the most important thing you could do now would be hydrating effectively. Get 2 32oz sports drinks and drink them both with a 1:1 ratio with water for the next two days. Of course you want to be kinda limber so do micro sets of pullups if you can. like 5 on the hour. Whenever I have a pt test I will do the above and take a melatonin to go to sleep early. Wake up early before the test and make a half pb&j (fold the bread on itself) or a small banana with like 20g whey.
>>
File: goal (2).jpg (65 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
goal (2).jpg
65 KB, 1080x1920
How long would it take me to get this body?
>>
>>37082167
Not a marine, Euro here.
Don't have sport drinks but will hydrate.
Thanks!
>>37082151
Then work out with bitch tits until you're satisfied.
Don't go skelly again I know how hard it is to get away from that.
>>37082172
Depends on what you already have and what work you put in.
>>
>>37082195
I've been lifting on and off for about a year and a half. Probably close to 10 months of actual working out.
>>
Do you guys think it would be a valuable addition to my cardio if I drove to the gym with my bike instead of car?

It would be around 20 min to get there and 20 back, so 40 min. Could be a little more, maybe 25 each.

I go to the gym around 5 times a week currently, so there around 50 min biking 5 times a week.

But true cardio is supposed to be at a controlled heart rate and over a longer amount of time, so I wonder if these intervalled sessions are worth anything?
>>
>>37082219
>true cardio

lol shut up nigga

Why not try it twice a week and see how it makes you feel. I walk to my gym which is 1.5mi away and it makes me warm up and burns fat.
>>
>>37082218
I meant body wise.
>>
>>37082195
I need to learn to love my bitchtits till it's time to cut? This is gonna be hard, but I will try anon.
>>
>>37082233
True cardio meaning healthy for your heart.
Because that's mainly what I am aiming for - can't spend so much time lifting and still doing nothing for my health because of neglecting cardio.

Did you notice any endurance gains from your walking?
>>
>>37082247
Your heart gets healthier no matter what you do. And yes, yes I do.
>>
>>37082236
Oh my lifts are still pretty weak to be honest. Rough estimates

OHP:105lbs 3x8
Bench:205lbs 3x8
Squat:235lbs 3x8
Deadlift 235 1x5
>>
>>37082251
Well, that's not true, heared from numerous doctors (family of docs) what healthy cardio training is and what it isn't.

But that's another thing.

Did you upp your walking pace over time?
>>
File: 1389116440479.jpg (92 KB, 953x730) Image search: [Google]
1389116440479.jpg
92 KB, 953x730
>>37082237
Bitch tits aren't that bad.
You could also try and do more chest work if you haven't already.
>>37082259
Okay let me try and explain again because we're miscommunicating here.
There isn't a set amount of lift you do to get a certain body, it depends on your body which is different for everyone.
>>
>>37082278
>heared from numerous doctors (family of docs) what healthy cardio training is

are sprints sustained? will running 400m with varying times not be healthy? come on brah think for yourself.

I mostly listen to music or talk to a friend. I can walk fast.
>>
>>37082283
Oh I gotcha now. Well thank you anyway. I'll just lift and find out.
>>
>>37082286
>>37082286
I wasn't talking about short term stuff bro.

Do you know how many people go for a 30-60 min at completely uncontrolled heart rate and think their workout was successfull when they are completely exhausted at the end?

That's what I mean. Cardio is not about running as hard as you can while your heart rate sky rocketes, it's about increasing the amount of work you can do while still keeping your heart rate low.

But this is derailing the thread, i can actually understand that you do not believe some anon on the Internet.

Well, I will see how I do this biking thing, might as well give it a try, as you said.
>>
File: checkingouttheredhead.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
checkingouttheredhead.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>37082293
Good luck friend!
>>
>>37081114
I feel like I should reinforce what other anon said. Does not matter in the least. Anything that tells you there's a certain time to workout or eat is broscience at best. Anabolic window is the only thing that might have some bearing on things, and even that's hotly debated.

If you're a woman, and I apologize for my blatant misogyny, don't listen to ANYTHING you read on any website with a 'fitness' section or any magazine targeted at women. 90% of what will be offered will be bull, and the rest will be something that any reasonably seasoned lifter/athlete could've told you. Cannot count the women who've bought into stupid shit from sources like those and had money siphoned off them for results they thought were exclusive to certain products or programs.
>>
>>37075867
Great post.
>>
Do I need a low carb diet for visible abs? Or can I just get my min protein, fats and fill remainder of cals with carbs like I have been doing?
>>
>>37082670

You don't need it, but it helps slightly. Low carbs = less water weight obscuring your abs.
>>
>>37082780
Thanks
>>
Do you eat protein rich food on rest days?
>>
>>37082907
You always eat them.
>>
1) Is it possible to lose height from lifting? At 16 my ID recorded me at 179cm and now, at 22, I'm 176cm. Started lifting at 19.

2) Can anyone explain what happened to me in this scenario?

>this Friday
>didn't work out since Wednesday
>out late with friends
>ate 2 large portions of french fries & had some whiskey
>nothing to get you drunk
>come home 4am
>massive pump and veins all over for no reason
>skin warm
>went to bed Saturday 5am
>wake up Saturday 9pm
>pump gone
>went from 4 pack in good lighting to clearly defined 6 pack with obliques and serratus showing
>bedsheets wet from my sweat
>wat.jpg

I swear I'm completely natty. I just want to know what could have caused this as I'd like to try and repeat the effect lel

3) This isn't so much a question as it is a tip. I find that doing pushups with the feet on a moving surface (doormat, skateboard, wearing socks on a smooth surface) and allowing the feet to slide up and down is a lot easier on the shoulders and makes for a better workout
>>
>>37082967

You were dehydrated as shit from drinking + high sodium food, plus possibly out of it enough to not wake up when borderline overheating.
>>
I'm transitioning from high bar to low bar. How low should I place the bar on a low bar squat? I have a long upper body, short legs. I have the flexibility to lower it however low I want it.
>>
I feel like I keep fucking up pendlays rows. It's on the beginners fitness routine that I've been on and off for 2 or so years now. Should I change routine? Anything to think about re pendlays rows?
>>
>>37083189
Same answer as in plg:

Try it out and see how it holds together when you actually put heavy weight on the bar.
Don't test with an empty bar, it's nonsensical.

And then get it as low as you can, that's all here is to it.

For me it's a kind of hybrid squat as you said - the sticking point where I first meet resistance after traps is quite high, but it's still 10 times better than having it unstable and all on my arms in a lower position.
>>
How would y'all define a "failed rep"?
Because for some lifts it's pretty easy (e.g. the press, bench press), but for others it seems a little more muddled (e.g. deadlifts with a slightly curved back, squats that are borderline Good Mornings).
>>
>>37083563
uh... You don't finish the rep?? I.e you don't lock your deadlift out, you don't squat to paralel and finish the squat or you can't lock out your bench and need help
>>
>>37083563
For me it depends on the exercise and what I'm trying to achieve.
For heavy barbell work I consider the point of technical breakdown as "failure" even if I'd have been able to muscle out another couple of ugle "reps". Whereas if I'm doing something like cable curls and just going for maximum pump, "failure" is when I can't move my arms anymore.

It's a relative term.
>>
File: Fate.zero.full.1168108.jpg (235 KB, 800x861) Image search: [Google]
Fate.zero.full.1168108.jpg
235 KB, 800x861
>>37080941
Well, if you are getting bald, you have generally two options - grow your hair fast and wear those famous manbuns or simply ponytails (that way you will cover those bald spots) or shave it all.
Or you can simply don't care, but I guess it's not an option, if you are asking us.

>>37080998
I don't have any scientific proof, but my friend was regaining strenght much faster after a break, then he did while gaining strenght for the first time.

>>37081114
I've heard that best time is about 17, but I wouldn't belive it. It all depends on when your body and mind are most active during the day. For me it's better to workout on evening.
>>
Are BCAAs useful?
>>
File: Fate.zero.full.1083292.jpg (446 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
Fate.zero.full.1083292.jpg
446 KB, 1000x1333
>>37084152
They are not must have, but yes, they are useful.
>>
>>37084164
For what specifically?
>>
File: Fate.zero.full.1270783.jpg (2 MB, 1748x2480) Image search: [Google]
Fate.zero.full.1270783.jpg
2 MB, 1748x2480
>>37084222
They lesser your fatigue, they have some anti-catabolic functions and, most important thing, they help you in regeneration.

BCAA can be found in protein that you eat everyday (like meat), but getting more of them is better for you (unless you overdo it, of course).
>>
>>37084252
would supplementing them be useful when I do cardio (swimming) or am I getting enough through normal meals?
>>
File: Gilgamesh.full.1023666.jpg (482 KB, 1160x820) Image search: [Google]
Gilgamesh.full.1023666.jpg
482 KB, 1160x820
>>37084291
As long as you lift and want to get those gains, they will help you in some way. But as I said earlier, they are not some kind of "must have" and using them won't give some monstrous effects.
>>
File: 1442586816427.jpg (111 KB, 660x582) Image search: [Google]
1442586816427.jpg
111 KB, 660x582
i work as a bricklayer and labourer doing footings which is a really intense heavy lifting job
at lunch i bring more than enough pasta veg a chicken every day but ive been bulking and brought about 600cal of biscuits and cake for the sugar, now that i want to diet i find cutting these out is really hard, i think the sugar helps me digest the meal, i cant eat more pasta as im gagging on it already, wat do?
>>
>>37084291
>am I getting enough through normal meals?
If you're eating in a manner that suits your lifestyle, yes.
>>
Am I snapping my shit up?
Accidentally loaded up 5kg too much like the dumbass I am, but I feel like I did relatively well.

https://youtu.be/CQTr39HO6wI
>>
i havent lift for about 5 years
used to do stronglifts and then moved to some intermediate program
should i start all over again with stronglifts/SS?
>>
What to do to get stronger everyday?
Besides working out, obviously.
>>
>>37084318
Stop bringing that sugary shit. Stop even buying it.

>i think the sugar helps me digest the meal

You sound like an addict when you make excuses like that.
>>
>>37084476
Your form looks fine. You just have really freakishly long femurs. You could experiment with taller heels on your shoes or with getting your knees out more to help get your back more vertical. Just don't squat low bar.

>>37084494
Yes, start over with a noob program.

>>37084502
Eat and rest.
>>
>>37084476
It's hard to see anything from that angle and with the rack in the way. But it seems to me you're rounding your back in the bottom of the squat. It also looks like you're having your knees pointing straight ahead. If these two things do happen like I think they do, then you need to go back and watch some how-to videos because that's some completely fundamental things you're messing up.
Also your elbow position is bad.
>>
>>37084595
Uhh, those were supposed to be low bar squats, am I fucking them up so badly you couldn't tell or did you mean to tell me to stop doing them?

>>37084615
Knees are pointed the same direction as my feet, which are turned outward. I don't think I round my back but I'll try to get over my autism and actually ask someone to get a better video next time.
>>
How many exercises for hypertrophy for a body part?
For example chest 3x8-12 BP; 3x8-12 Flyes; 3x8-12 Incline BP
Biceps 3x8-12 Barbel curls + reverse curls + hammer curls?

Also, how many body parts per session ( 6 exercises total, 3 per bodypart)?
>>
>>37084700
I ask because I feel I need a change from SL, which has me doing "only" 3 exercises (even if 5x5).
>>
>>37084700
2-3 sets of 5-15 reps 2-3 times a week per exercise

do a full body workout of basic compound exercises. one exercise upper body push, one upper body pull, one legs is fine
>>
What is a better routine? Push/Pull/Legs or just work one muscle group every day,so Chest/Leg/Back/Shoulders/Arms from Mon-Fri, respectively
>>
>>37084663
those are not low bar squats unless the definition of "low bar" has changed. low bar squats have the bar resting below the spine of your scapula. about 3-4 inches lower than where you seem to have it.
>>
>>37084733
would you mind terribly giving me an example of what that would look like?
>>
>>37084761
whichever gets you adequate stimulation. full body 3x a week tends to work best for people not on roids.
>>
>>37084777
Starting strength. Stronglifts.

A
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Row 3x5

B
Deadlift 1x5
Press 3x5
Chin 3xFailure

AxBxAxxBxAxBxx

Do curls and calf raises if you want, but do them at the end of the workout.

There. Three examples.
>>
>>37084811
Thank you very much, you're a very helpful young man!
>>
File: 1462638609976.jpg (108 KB, 911x893) Image search: [Google]
1462638609976.jpg
108 KB, 911x893
>been lifting for 3 months from skelly
>this is the result
it's shit right? how the fuck do I improve?
>>
>>37084834
lift longer
>>
>>37084834
>3 months
>dumbass thinks such a low amount of time means anything

Leave your ego at the door and keep working out. 3 months is nothing.

>how the fuck do I improve?

PROGRESSIVE OVERLOAD
>>
>>37084834
1. Train arms before I kill you
2. Train longer than 3 fucking months (2 years at least)
>>
>>37084842
>>37084847
>>37084848
how long before I can see progress then? 6 months?
>>
>>37084834
You want results in 3 months? Steroids.

You want results? Eat to gain weight and lift for at least 2 years.
>>
>>37084857
It's been answered in one of the posts you replied to lmao
>>
>>37084865
wait... since when is 2 years the standard timeframe to gain muscle?
>>
>>37084874
To gain a substantial amount of muscle.

Also, why does it matter? Do you plan on quiting once you have a body you like? My friend, then it just starts.

I can already tell you won't be here in the next 6 months but enjoy your stay though
>>
>>37084874
2 years is when you can expect to get close to what you're capable of with a solid caloric excess and progressive overload.

the first three months should get you about 6 lbs of muscle if you're doing it right. two years should get you about 30 lbs.
>>
I'm an 18 year old with a mild case of gyno. My body still has some work to do for puberty since my facial hair didn't fully appear yet. So is there hope for the gyno to go away on its own in my case?
>>
>>37082308
This is fucking ridiculous and it sounds like it comes out of the mouth of some dude that asks a girl if she wants to kiss. Walking is cardio. Cardio improves your health. End of story.
>>
When trying to maintain proper jaw and tongue posture, are you supposed to have your incisors touching on top of each other, or have your teeth in your natural bite position?
>>
>>37084974
It's probably just fat or puffy nips.

If it's actually gyno, you'll need surgery to fix it.

>>37085195
Jaw should be neutral in its joint regardless of teeth and tongue pressed to the ridge just behind the upper teeth. This, however, is on the order of prayer and voodoo--not really worth worrying about.
>>
Due to my medication I get around 7-9 hours of sleep yet don't feel that rested.
Will this fuck with my gains? I'm able to lift but am just exhausted after work at times.
>>
In just over a week I'll finally be ending my SS journey.

Before I start my new routine, I want to see find out my 1RMs in the Big 4.

I'm curious if attempting 60kg aka 1pl8 is safe for my shoulders on OHP if I currently do 3x5x50kg

Also, what 8 week hypertrophy routine do you suggest? I found 531 so far

I'm asking for 8 weeks specifically because that's how long I'll have on my summer job before several weeks of vacation from college and work.
>>
>>37085780
maybe. what meds?

>>37085817
Testing rep maxes is pretty common among intermediate programs. 531 has you do it every day, though for different reps. Texas method typically does it once a week every week.

You can get in two cycles of 531 in 8 weeks or 8 cycles of Texas method.

If you really want to test your maxes now, take a deload week where you don't go over 50% of the weight you've been using and go easy on the sets and reps before you do.
>>
Best protein bars for cutting? Don't want to fuck up my protein intake with stuff that doesn't absorb well
>>
>>37085887
Whatever fits in your kcals and macros. The quality of your protein barely matters at all.
>>
Can someone educate me on preservatives and what effect they'll have on my diet/nutrition?
>>
>>37085883
I'm on Olanzapine. It makes me tired and then that feeling of tiredness carries on through the day
>>
>>37085919
unless it comes from plants, then it's shit
>>
>>37085954
hemp, pea, and bean proteins are meh-tier, and soy is shit-tier, but you can still make gains on them
>>
>>37085943
Activates mTOR. Should actually help you make gains.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23926289
>>
I want to stop taking creatine for a while to see how it will affect me.

Aesthetics aside, will I lose any strenght if I primarily do high volume hypertrophy routine?
>>
>>37086034
Creatine lets you work out a little longer or a little harder. Your gains might slow a bit and you might lose a little at first, but it won't be a big deal.
>>
2 questions

1. Is working out through doms a good idea?

2. How do i get my biceps to grow? I've been lifting for a year and my biceps are dyel tier. I've tried volume and i've tried heavy weight, nothing seems to work.
>>
>>37086073
1. exercise will help mask the pain and restore mobility.

2. heavy negatives in dumbbell concentration curls affords the greatest activation. both hands up, down with one hand. palm up/facing you. use a weight you can't lift with one hand, obviously.
>>
>>37086073
addendum. 50 reps per workout for single joint exercises like curls. 5 sets of 10, 10 sets of 5, whatever. get 50 reps. work up to it if necessary.
>>
>>37086119
When I couldn't curl 40 I used to bring it up with both hands (hand on wrist) and lower it down with one hand. I did that for a while and now I can curl the fuck out of them.

I really should buy a heavier dumbell and try that process again. Super curl bar just isn't the same
>>
It seems like my non-dominant arm is growing faster than my dominant arm.

Anyone else experience this?
>>
>>37086172
Everybody is a little imbalanced.

Have you measured to make sure? You could have had a larger dominant arm and gotten used to the difference and you're just noticing how you're evening out.

>>37086165
Adjustable dumbbells, dude.
>>
Is anyone aware of any spices that help with fat loss? Heard turmeric is beneficial.
>>
Now that I'm building up a tolerance to the pwo that I use, how long does it take for my tolerance to reset so it hits me as hard as it did the first time I took it
>>
>>37086355
Maybe tumeric. Maybe cinnamon.

Kcal deficit is what matters.

>>37086356
A few weeks. But the tolerance will come back faster. Best not to use it at all, really.
>>
AS long as I reach my protein macros, doesnt really matter if I'm a few calories/grams of carbs and fats short, right?
>>
>>37086355
You need to stop worrying about that kind of shit and turn your focus to the things that are actually going to make a meaningfull difference.

>>37086356
The longer you wait, the harder it's going to hit you. I stopped using PWO long ago because you always build tolerance way too quickly. And I also found that I sort of become psychologically dependant on the stuff - as much as I hate to admit it.

>>37086392
A few grams, no. In reality you have no way of knowing whether you're actually a little above or below your target of the day - Both because nutritional labels are actually inaccurate, but also because you're obviously not spending the exact same amount of energy every day.
>>
>>37086392
No. Depends how much "a few" is, though. 50 kcals a day over your limit is 1 lb of weight gain every 10 weeks.
>>
anyone have that pic of all kinds of bodyweight exercises? gf wants to get in shape but can't lift a weight for the life of her. wanna get her started with some bodyweight stuff at first.
>>
>>37086470
buy her a mat and search youtube for beginner yoga. she'll like that.
>>
>>37086484
I might do that if the bodyweight stuff doesn't do the trick. already have the mat. it's always good to have a backup plan I guess.
>>
>>37086516
just google "bodyweight workout infographic" and pick one, then
>>
>>37086172
>>37086199

I measured with a piece of string, it's around a half an inch difference, maybe a tad more..

Anyone know... f I continue to work out with dumbbells will it eventually even out or do i need to target the imbalance with more reps?
>>
>>37086570
how tall are you and how much do you weigh?

if you're a noob, it's not worth worrying about. just workout and things will even out.

if you're advanced, use the same weight on both sides but more volume on the smaller side.
>>
>>37086633
Fairly newb. I've been lifting for around 7 months this time. (However I had lifted for about a year before I got injured and lost most of my gains over span of a year...)

Also... 6'4" tall so that first thing you said probably...

Thanks,
>>
>>37086824
7 months is reasonably advanced. I'd do the different volume and video your form to make sure you're not favoring one side.
>>
Is bodyweight fitness a meme?
>>
>start taking creatine
>everything is fucking easy now
>rest time at least halfed

it's like im roiding
is this normal
>>
>>37086876
Yea, IF you don't have mass+strength before trying it. How are you gonna get up on those monkey bars if you're fat and weak, ya feel me?
>>
>>37074727
Weightlifting after blood donation. How bad of an idea is it?
>>
>>37086876
No. Weight is weight. All the same principles apply. People tend to think bodyweight training means high reps, though, which works for some people, but not everyone.

>>37086897
Probably mostly psychosomatic, but taking creatine has the same effect as a low dose of anavar, which is an anabolic steroid.

like the lightest steroid available. the one female athletes first take.

you don't get steroid sides, though.

>>37086954
I'd wait a day or two, but you can do it. Just take it easy the first couple times to see how your body is reacting.
>>
Is it possible to 'just push through' DOMS instead of skipping my workout?
>>
>>37087047
Yes. Exercise will help mask the pain of DOMS and restore your range of motion. Hair of the dog that bit you. Go to the gym, warm up, then decide how you feel.
>>
>>37086897
>tfw losing hair with creatine
>>
>>37087275
>>37087275
>>37087275
Tfw I have a glorious lion's mane, that chicks always ask to touch and compliment on the smoothness, even if I take creatine.
>>
Dark meat or white meat. Does it matter which I eat? I vastly prefer eating chicken drumsticks to chicken breast. Im thinking of health problems. Thoughts on dark meat replacing white /fit/?
>>
>>37087590
I'm not aware of any health benefits of one over the other. Eat what you like.

Just not breaded and fried.
>>
>>37087620
That's reassuring. I don't know why I automatically think dark meat is more bad than white health wise. I read it has more pigmentation or something and more zinc. Couldn't find many negatives..
>>
Does running make shoulders smaller? And how to stop it
>>
>>37088231
Yes. Sort of. You'll lose muscle mass in places you don't need it if you run long distances and don't do upper body work.

Solution: do upper body work.
>>
File: worried_laughter.jpg (69 KB, 520x678) Image search: [Google]
worried_laughter.jpg
69 KB, 520x678
Brehs, I was microwaving my oats and repeatedly stopping the cycle by opening and closing the door. I can only get injured by the waves if I stick my hand right into the oven, r-right?
>>
>>37088846
Try this
Place a device that uses wi fi next to the microwave and do something active like live streaming
Then turn on the microwave
The microwave rays will actually interfere with the wifi and disrupt them

Microwaves are a lot safer than people believe
Unless you are literally cooking yourself, you will be fine
>>
>>37088846
Worst that can happen is you get burned which you'l feel pretty soon after it happens, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
>>
I noticed my armspan is like 3 inches shorter than my height, what's up with that?
>>
>>37088922
People have different proportions
Enjoy your above average pressing

>>37084476
Keep the weight on your heels at all times
Wear better shoes or go barefoot

You are clearly holding the bar in the high bar position (on the traps)
Low bar rests lower, on the shoulders

>>37083377
Post form check
Watch videos

Stick to a routine that has you progressing appropriately to your current training level
>>
Hi /fit/ I'm a skeleton and trying to eat 3500 cals a day, here's my current diet and I wanted to know if it looks ok. I feel like maybe I am having too much milk, and I'll put on too much fat.

Breakfast: 2 cups of oats, 2 cups whole milk, 4 eggs (about 950 cals)

Lunch: It varies, usually a pb&j sandwich (lets say 400 cals bc I put on a lot of peanut butter & usually drink a cup of whole milk)

Dinner: 2 chicken breasts (maybe 6oz of chicken on average) and pasta/potatoes (maybe 600-800 calories)

Shake: 750 calories (it includes whole milk, protein powder, peanut butter, a banana, and a yogurt)

Snacks: Peanuts (1/2 cup, 400), sometimes I will drink another protein shake, sometimes a banana, rice, etc. I usually try to get in 3500+ by the end of the day.
>>
>>37089280
Try to put weight on more gradually dude.
Aim for 1 or 2lb a week
Good luck dude
>>
>>37089297
I'm 6'2" so 3500 is about 500 above my tdee
>>
How long did it take you to lose that last stomach fat? I got maybe 15-20 lbs left on it and its taking way slower then I would like.
>>
>>37089280
3500 is fine for 6'2. drinking that much milk is also fine if you're truly a skeleton, but if you measure your meals (which you should be), ween yourself off of milk. slowly increase your solid food until you eventually are drinking very little or no milk by itself. you'll get used to eating more solid food over the course of a day.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.