[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm very wary of microwave ovens /fit/ Do they fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 580x580) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 580x580
I'm very wary of microwave ovens /fit/

Do they fucking kill your nutional value or not?
>>
yeah they radiate the food and give you herpes
>>
>>37069511
>Do they fucking kill your nutional value or not?
Yes. Research the effects of reheating on bioavailability. Eat it cold and be a man.
>>
>>37069528
but my yum yums need to be warm

also does anyone else get chicken melts frozen from the store? they're pretty good for macros and stuff i think
>>
>>37069528
From what I understand and look I could definitely be wrong that is all bs and susperstision. The microwave works by creating a strong magnetic wavelength that excites the water molecules in the food causing friction and in turn heat, so basically its only ever being warmed up by water in the food boiling. Sure I can understand how it may denature so proteins ect in food but it doesn't fucking kill the food that shit is retarded, besides any form of cooking is changing the physical state of protein in food. I feel that the amount of time you can save using a microwave is plenty more valuable then stovetop or otherwise
>>
I once had a new protein filled meal prepared and there I went on to prepare it and all the proteins left! i was like haha lol what? why you leave they said fuck you microwave i'm off you are mistreating us bye and left
>>
>>37069610
It decreases bioavailability period. Learn about thermodynamics.
You are retarded.
>>
>>37069625
How will looking up the laws of thermodynamics tell me how food is affected?

Can you just give us a low-down on how badly food is affected?
>>
>>37069625
Yeah and any other traditional method of heating or cooking food doesn't either? an egg cooked in a microwave or a pan changes in physical state because the proteins have been denatured by heat so either way you are not going to get every bit of nutritional value that food holds
>>
>>37069665

Denaturing doesn't actually destroy nutritional value for the most part. Sometimes it increases it - like the difference in bioavailability of protein between raw and cooked eggs is huge.
>>
>>37069685
That is true. Either way the full nutritional value of food consumed is never fully utilised
>>
>using a science oven
>>
>>37069511
Yes, they should be used sparingly. It is much better to reheat your food in an actual oven. But no, using a microwave isn't going to kill you or anything. The nutritional value of the food will just be lower.
>>
>>37069727
How tho? Where is you reasoning?
>>
>>37069727
This isn't true at all and has been constantly disproven. It's the exact opposite actually.

Microwave food is fine to eat and doesn't deplete nutritional value.
>>
>>37069511
I went to culinary school, so heres what I know

Microwaves are demonized because a) they're a shitty way to cook food (i.e. the exterior is on fire but the inside is raw) and b) we as a culture associate the microwave with shity tv dinners and such.

Nutrition wise, microwave is ok. It's really no better or worse on a basic bio chemical scale for food intake. The issue is you arent microwaving a carrot, you're microwaving some processed thing because it takes 10 minutes there as apposed to an hour in the oven. The issue isnt the microwave, its the thing you put in it.

I remember a whole thing on nutrition about how steaming, STEAMING, the most literally delicate way to cook food reduced nutrition because water touched the food and dripped off. If you are THAT anal about nutrition, than yes, microwave and just about reality is not nutritious for you.

That being said I dont use the microwave for much. Its good for popcorn and tempering things, but thats kinda it.
>>
>>37069647
>>37069665
Eat shit faggots.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2722699/
>>
>>37069770
so I should cook a shit ton of chicken breast and not feel bad about reheating it later?

this would make life easier
>>
>>37069833
> full power (1000 W) for 5 min was used for microwaving. 200 g of broccoli
The fuck? Even half that seems excessive. And from a brief look microwaving doesn't fare worse than anything other than steaming.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.