[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I decide my starting weight.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: newfag.jpg (87 KB, 756x564) Image search: [Google]
newfag.jpg
87 KB, 756x564
I have never posted in this forum before but I plan to start a 12 week program (which I've done extensive research on) however many programs don't tell you what weight to start at.

How do I judge where to start the weight for bench, or squat, or deadlifts.
>>
I've never lifted a weight in my life.
>>
>>37068887
What feels comfortable for you, but also provides SOME resistance.

You don't want it too light, but you also want something to work towards. When it stops being challenging, you move up to the next one.
>>
>>37068887

This depends on the program.
>>
>>37068905
Also, I'm very, very small. Like short wise. How do I go about asking someone to spot me? I'm quite shy, but I know Ill need it.
>>
>>37068894
Just the bar, until you get good doing the proper form. Maybe adding a little bit of weight for helping you with estability.
Remember you have a weak core, a bad move with heavy weight and you get a ticket to snap city
>>
>>37068936
I feel like just the bar is too light.
>>
>>37068887

Have you ever done any serious weight training before? Obviously the answer is no, or you wouldn't be asking such a n00b question.

Read SS, DO SS, start with the empty bar for a couple of sets to learn what you're doing, then steadily add weight until bar speed slows down, THAT is your starting point, do three sets of five reps, write it in your training log, and move onto the next lift where you repeat the process.

But 1x5 for deadlifts and 5x2 for power cleans.
>>
>>37068954

Sorry, 5x3 for power cleans. Damn typo.
>>
>>37068887
135 for bench
225 for squats
315 for deadlifts

pretty easy weights to start with and progress from there
>>
>>37069759
>insert body weight hospital pic
>>
>>37068887
>How do I decide my starting weight.
Put a reasonable amount of weight on and judge if it feels comfortable or not.
Shouldn't be easy and it shouldn't physically hurt or take an obnoxious amount of effort (obvious straining or loud noises outside of breathing hard).
Move up from that, until you're out of the comfort zone and have fun. That's the weight you should build from.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.