[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did the "carbohydrates" meme come from? Why do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1366204034446.jpg (40 KB, 500x418) Image search: [Google]
1366204034446.jpg
40 KB, 500x418
Where did the "carbohydrates" meme come from? Why do almost all normalfaggots believe that carbohydrates are exclusively what makes you fat? I'm in nursing school and about 90% of my classmates believe still believe this even though we've been through a 300 level nutrition course.
>>
>>37065296
Atkins
>>
>>37065296
Because a lot of the shitty processed calorically dense food is typically extremely high in carbs.
>tfw I'm also a nurse bro and am one of 4 males in my class and 2 are flamers
It's fucking infuriating.
>>
>>37065327
[spoiler] I'm a grill [spoiler] I know spoilers don't work on this board fag
>>
>>37065346
Wait until you're the target of body envy, them bitches are fucking as catty as they come. Glad you're not a cunt.
>>
>>37065457
[spoiler] i already am

i have no friends
>>
>>37065478
[spoiler]you stupid [/spoiler]
>>
>>37065327
Random anon nursebro here to recommend working in a military hospital.

Errybody bros here, even the grills.
>>
>>37065325

Basically this. They just hear "step 1. eliminate all carbohydrates" and think that's all there is to it.
>>
Because carbohydrate(glycogen) is good for short term intense output. When you consume a lot of them, your bodies ability to use lipids efficiently degrades and you start using them more and more for your sedentary energy source.

The bad part only comes from eating more than you need, but its compounded if you are eating both fats and carbohydrates. You could eat your daily caloric need in mostly carbs and fats and thats how you get skinny fat.

high protein with high carbs/low fat works for people who are very active.

high fat, low carb works well for sedentary individuals

low carb, high fat in active individuals is major suckage...it might work for people lifting weights but its horrible if you do stuff like run or cycle a lot.
>>
I'm in nursing school and we're still stuck on fat is what makes you fat, eggs are bad cuz cholesterol, and never ever drink juice because it is bad for you. I have an 86 average because the teachers suck at making questions. Fortunately I contest them on shit and get points back. It turns out there is no evidenced based nursing shit for completely eliminating all fat and adding alcohol to your diet for osteoporosis. Its still frustrating as fuck to know everything but do poorly on tests because of the teachers. They should stop being lazy fucks and just do written and oral exams instead of multiple choice.
>>
Exclusively, no of course they're not. However anybody can benefit from reducing them as well as not eating heavily processed foods. I think your classmates are referring to the overall general statement that if Fatty X reduces just his carbs then Fatty X will lose weight without modifying anything else.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.