[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how far can you get without equipment?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 677236234.jpg (66 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
677236234.jpg
66 KB, 500x625
like if i were to just do pushups and shit would i hit a ceiling pretty quick?
>>
>>37048829
Depends how long your arms are, and how explosive your shits are. A combination of long arms and explosive shits will make it easier to hit the ceiling
>>
>>37048867
>Depends how long your arms are
pretty long
>and how explosive your shits are
comparable to nukes

anyone got real experience on this? i live in the middle of nowhere and cant afford person equipment atm. im trying to get cut just without it.
>>
>>37048867
>explosive shits
what?
>>
>>37048829
You can actually progress pretty far on a bodyweight routine, you just have to change up the exercises as you go. Please ignore the fact that this is le reddit, it's a legitimately good routine.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine
>>
>>37048898
Doing anything will be better than sitting on your arse doing nothing. Doing push-ups may not be optimal, and you will progress pretty fast to start with but you won't gain any real mass, not enough resistance
>>
you can get pretty damn far, but it'll take significantly longer

I've seen cyclists rep out 405 lb squats in their first week at the gym, and people with years of bodyweight training can regularly bench 225 for reps (which isn't ALL that impressive)

Best bet is to get an adjustable dumbbell set. Minimal cost, minimal space, and you can at least train with weighted loads which will let you progress faster
>>
>>37048977
>cyclists
>do a set of full depth squats
>with 400 lbs
A track cyclist maybe, but after 18 months of not weight training and just riding, the best I can do is a set of 95 kg atg squats and 125 kg deads, and I'm strong by road cyclist standards.

To answer OP question, you can get pretty far with bodyweight excercises for upper body as there are a huge amount of progressions. Legs are a lot harder in bodyweight to make the same progress as they're a much bigger group of muscles and you're going to need weight bearing excercises sooner rather than later.
>>
>>37049095
I guess cyclist wasn't the right word, I was talking about mountain bikers
>>
>>37048960
Did this for about half a year with good results, then started going to a gym. Can recommend
>>
>>37048960

This should be the default response for these threads. That routine will fix imbalances, improve your posture, and build a pretty damn good strength foundation.

Unfortunately, 90% of the users here don't understand why you should progress to L-pullups instead of aiming for 20 reps.
>>
>>37048829

muh benis
>>
>>37048829
you can get ripped without equipment if you do a shitload of reps, however you won't be very strong
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.