[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 5'8. I've been doing SL5x5 for 3 months. I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: skeleton_PNG5539[1].png (2 MB, 2400x1800) Image search: [Google]
skeleton_PNG5539[1].png
2 MB, 2400x1800
I'm 5'8. I've been doing SL5x5 for 3 months. I've gone from 47kg to 55. I just found out my form has been wrong for every single lift and with correct form I can only just do the bar for everything except squats and deadlift.

I've wasted all this fucking time. In 3 months I've gone from skeleton that can't lift the bar to skinny t-rex that can only just lift it. My uni gym closes at the end of this month so I won't be able to use barbells again until September.

I'm fucked bros. I'm going to be a skeleton forever and every time I try and do something about it I'm so weak that I can't even do it right. I'm poor asf from all the food I've been buying to put on weight and now I'm going to spend 4 months losing the pathetic amount of gains that I've made so far.
>>
>>37048688

Chin up. If you give up, you'll never escape skeletonmode, but as long as you keep working, you'll still have a chance. If you don't have barbells, do bodyweight religiously in the largest quantities you can manage. Lift sandbags, rocks, gallon jugs, whatever the hell you have lying around. You are only limited by your own creativity here.
>>
Are you a girl?
>>
It took me 8 months to get a decent squat and is lmao low bar too
>>
>>37048800
no
>>
dont give up breh.
we all gonna make it.
dedication and patience
also eat right even if you wont be lifting
maybe try a body weight routine
>>
>>37048832
what's the point though if I can't even do any of the most basic things? how can I gain if I can't do?

I read people on here asking why these beginner routines start so low and I had to do machines through all of January just to get enough strength to start the beginner routine, which I've now found out I've done wrong

I can't even do a push up correctly. Everything is wrong, when I think it's right it's wrong. I'm too weak to do any kind of muscle building exercise properly.
>>
>>37048688
Well, look at it this way. It was going to close regardless. You were going to lose those gains anyway unless you start going to a different gym. Besides, you definitely gained strength even if it was with bad form. Correct your form with the bar, and with the next few weeks make some larger jumps in weight between session, it'll transfer over, you just need to adapt to the new position.
>>
>>37048828
can you do a push up?

If you can't lift the bar then you should start doing calisthenics or something. Pick up a summer sport too. I'm guessing you have no athletic background
>>
>>37049462
I can lift the bar now though. I just feel like shit because I have to start from the beginning again because I was so weak it's taken me 3 months to be able to start properly.
>>
>>37049497
So you've made progress. Just eat right and work hard. Getting strong is time and effort dependent. Put in the work and be consistent.
>>
Can one do SL if they've already been lifting for a few years?

Just doesn't seem like enough volume to me. Looking to start a bulk after this cut, and need a new routine.
>>
>>37049875
By the way, I'm a former curl bro trying to atone for my sins. How much does tight hips effect Squats?

Can bench 2pl8 for 5 reps, but can barely squat 1pl8 for 5 without a lot of pain and shaky form.

6'2 190.
>>
Fuck I can't find them there was a thread with pictures from poor Africans who didn't have barbells as well. They just made their own gymn equipment from stones and metal scrap. And some one these guys were shredded as hell. You can turn anything into an exercise if you're a little bit creative.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.