[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is 1pl8 barbell curl the natty limit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 300x168
Is 1pl8 barbell curl the natty limit?
>>
Not even close. I do sets of 5 with 135 when I'm doing barbell curls and my biceps aren't huge. Dumbbell curls with 60's
>>
>>37048528
>sets of 5
>bicep curls
Why?
>>
>>37048528
>tfw I curl 30's and my biceps are bigger than yours
feels goodman
>>
>>37048595
Because 135 is hard as shit and it I hit biceps with lots of other back stuff. Not the only isolation stuff I do and dont do barbell often.
>>
>>37048595
Strength gains
>>
>>37048639
It doesn't make sense to do isolation for hypertrophy in sets of 5, though. If you're natty, you should be focusing on low rep strength gains for some lifts for sure, but you really should be trying to hit high volume on curls and other isolation. It's not useless, but it's an inefficient use of your training time to do bicep curls in heavy sets of 5.
>>
>>37048682
Nice opinion faggot
>>
>>37048740
I'm not sure if you're trolling, but a quick google search will give you dozens of peer reviewed sources that back up what I said, and hundreds of pieces of anecdotal evidence from top bodybuilders who say the same thing.
Here is a short sample of the extensive bibliography.
Abe, T., Loenneke, J. P., Fahs, C. A., Rossow, L. M., Thiebaud, R. S., & Bemben, M. G. (2012). Exercise intensity and muscle hypertrophy in blood flow–restricted limbs and non‐restricted muscles: a brief review. Clinical physiology and functional imaging, 32(4), 247-252.[PubMed]Adams, G. R., & Bamman, M. M. (2012). Characterization and Regulation of Mechanical Loading‐Induced Compensatory Muscle Hypertrophy. Comprehensive Physiology.[PubMed]Adegoke, O. A., Abdullahi, A., & Tavajohi-Fini, P. (2012). mTORC1 and the regulation of skeletal muscle anabolism and mass. Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism, 37(3), 395-406 [PubMed]
>>
Nice one way ticket bicep snap city
>>
>>37048624

>being happy about having weak fatceps

I envy you, anon.
>>
EZ bar or straight bar?

Straight bar all the way for me
>>
>>37048682
i don't want fuckhueg biceps, they're a meme muscle anyway. i'd rather have strong biceps that are less likely to tear. besides, everyone knows that triceps make up the bulk of your arm size. what's the point in having huge arms if you struggle to pick up a big box, normies will have a field day.
>>
>>37049002
Before I started lifting I wanted huge biceps.

Now that I've started, I just want biceps big enough to balance my triceps.
I mean holy shit, I never would have guessed how much bigger and stronger triceps get.
My 1RM for weighted dips is +60
My 1RM for barbell curl is 85.

Triceps are underrated when it comes to normies.
>>
>>37049002
Yeah, if you don't want huge biceps that's fine, but why would you attack my fact instead of saying that in the first place? And why do curls when there are more effective ways to build bicep strength? And as for the tricep making up the bull of arm size, that's a sort of truism that people who aren't bodybuilders go back to without understanding what it means. Triceps may fill out a shirt sleeve, but you need biceps to make your arm look full.
>>
>>37049002
>doing heavy sets of bicep curls
>less likely to tear

ayyyy
>>
>>37048973
Is straight bar a meme? Just hurts my wrists.

ISO / hammer / ez bar all feel better on the biceps and don't hurt the wrists.
>>
>>37049178
my wirst hurted when I started doing that, now my wrist never hurt
>>
Does anyone do floor curl? I feel like it's the best because it doesn't strain and just forces you to pull and focus on the bis even though it looks awkward af
>>
>>37049210
How do you curl the floor???
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.