[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spot reduction?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 059.png (119 KB, 448x334) Image search: [Google]
059.png
119 KB, 448x334
Hi /fit/. I've got a nasty beer belly but not much fat elsewhere. I read on the guide that spot reduction is a myth, which sounds right, but if I can't exercise one specific part of my body and lose weight there, then how come I can gain fat in that specific part of the body?

pic semi related i guess
[spoiler]also is it feasible to burn a bunch of stomach fat in 20 days or so[/spoiler]
>>
>>37046787
Sticky is up there firend
>>
Different parts of the body store more fat than others.

You will have gained fat in other areas too. Just less noticeable.

Think of gaining and losing fat as if you are filling and emptying a swimming pool.

Your belly is the deep end, so the water goes there first and leaves last. And when full, has the most water (fat) over it.
The shallow end (forearms, shoulders, calves for example) gets full last and has less water/fat over it.
>>
>>37046817
Thanks anon. This fat stuff is really jarring to me; I spent the first 19 years of my life being a twig and recently gained a ton of weight in the past two. I guess it was just a perception thing.
>>
>how come I can gain fat in that specific part of the body?

Because there areas on your body that's designated for fat storage. For men, this mostly the belly, leading to the classic "beer belly".
>>
Read the fucking sticky x amrap
>>
>>37046787
Yes do 50 crunches a day to enter the tone zone, and that belly fat will melt away.
>>
>>37046787
Is it a fat belly or a hard belly?

If the latter, abs exercise may actually work, sicne you have to re-learn to tense your ab muscle.
>>
>>37046956
I smack it and it jiggles, so fat belly.

I did ab exercises a while back and they really helped, but I fell off the wagon.

I'm thinking about starting myself off with a jog in the mornings (waiting for roomie to wake up), and doing crunches until I feel the burn and then keep going until I can't. I was doing something like that last time and I kept it up for about two weeks, but ended up stopping just cause I got lazy.
>>
>>37046787
>, then how come I can gain fat in that specific part of the body?
genetics
>>
>>37046968
>two weeks
That's cute. That's also useless. You don't train a muscle every day. Assuming you juste want abs, 20 minutes 3x a week if more than enough. Regularity is the key.
Cardio and keeping in check calorie intake is also necessary.
>>
>>37046787
>if I can't exercise one specific part of my body and lose weight there, then how come I can gain fat in that specific part of the body?

>if I can't walk up a vertical surface, then how come I can fall down from one?

Terrific application of logic, OP.
>>
>>37046787
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eizes7eDums
Watch this video my friend, it will help you.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.