[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
poor beginner here. the biggest problem i have is $ for food.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: breast.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
breast.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
poor beginner here. the biggest problem i have is $ for food. healthy food is expensive as fuck especially considering how much of it you gotta eat. anyone else in the same boat that's been doing this for awhile? whats your go to cheap foods?
>>
>>37032944
Health what? Just find a market anon. Any food labeled "health food" is a scam.
>>
>>37032944
you can eat fine every week by carefully planning your meals, you can even go on a tuna/peas and carrots canned food diet and maybe make it.
>>
>>37032965
i'm in a small midwestern usa town so there's not much more than a walmart around. so ur saying to just go eat a bunch of random shit instead of lean meat and veg? lmao
>>
File: margaret palermo.png (1 MB, 1443x656) Image search: [Google]
margaret palermo.png
1 MB, 1443x656
>>37032944
whores are cheap meat.
>>
>>37032944
>vegetables are expensive
seriously...
>>
>>37032969
Aren't you not supposed to eat a lot of tuna? I fucking love tuna & the price is right. I could easily eat it everyday, but I don't because of the mercury content.
>>
>>37032975
he says you need to learn how to cook, faggot
>>
>>37032985
what
>>
>>37032991
all fish are contaminated with heavy metals unless they're farm fished
>>
You can lift and eat really shitty and still make really great progress. I think i just watched a day in the life of george leeman and the guy ate like a bowl of rice and 2 pounds of beef only and he can deadlift a lot! That meal costs 7$ at most.

Diet is just a facet of fitness that some people love to exaggerate.

Fitness is kind of like a video game. Some people like competeing against others. Some people collect stuff and absolutely dont want to interact with others. Some people just want to have as much money as possible and dont care whether they collect everything or shine in pvp.

You have to find something that makes lifting fun for you and it seems that diet is pretty dreadful for financial reasons. Well then dont focus on it.

People lift for many reasons too. Some for strength, curiosity, love drugs, vanity, many including cooking. People who focus on diet do it mainly cause they enjoy to do that and maybe show there friends or they like to use their new stove and pans.

Just try to hit like 100g protein a day and keep lifting and find what makes ot fun for you and what will make you continue lofting for years to come.

You can fix diet in the future if youd like to but imo its too exagerated these days
>>
>>37033088
>You can lift and eat really shitty and still make really great progress. I think i just watched a day in the life of george leeman and the guy ate like a bowl of rice and 2 pounds of beef only and he can deadlift a lot! That meal costs 7$ at most.
Are you kidding, that's a great meal for an aryan man, might have overdone it on the rice fi anything.
>>
Frozen chicken and other meat is cheap as fuck.
Veg is cheap as fuck.
Fruit is cheap.
Rice and pasta is cheaper than fuck.

Buying premade healthy meals is expensive.

You need to realise that healthy food only looks expensive if you look at it as one meal.

A bag of chicken, a lettuce, and a bag of rice will have you covered for several days and cost as much as one takeaway meal.

If you are trying to gain weight, drink a couple of pints of milk a day on top of your normal diet.
>>
>>37033175
it's the chicken prices that are my biggest concern. i can get a decent sized pack of frozen veg for $1-2 that'll last me a couple days. chicken breast on the other hand is like $4/lb here for the cheap stuff.
>>
>>37033119
>>37033119

I forgot to mention the oreos actually. I just wanted to show op that it doesnt have to be expensive organic gluten free 8 meals a day kind of deal when it comes to fitness. If youre on a tight budget then just stay away from the beet celery ginger juices and get as many basics in as you can. When and how doesnt matter.

I dont have a walmart near me but I did shop at one on vacation and the 1 pound usa beef and 4 burger buns cost me like 4.50$ And thats a lot of macros for the day and extremely affordable compared to even the chepest foods like mcdonalds.
>>
>>37033250

So don't buy chicken breast. There's more to the damn bird than one cut.
>>
My shopping list is:
>Chicken
>Rice
>Sweet Potato
>Pasta
>Sour Cream
>Cheese
>Avocado
>Peanut butter
>Oats
>Milk
>Bananas
>Egg whites
Most expensive week when I buy everything, its like $85 Australian.
>>
>>37033292
other shits just as bad on prices, if not worse. boneless skinless thighs are same exact price for example
>>
>>37033276
Honestly, if you're white you need basically no carbs, just a quick hit at the end of the day after lifting.
>>
>>37033250

Its a pound of chicken though. You only need like 1 pound per day. What do you live off on a daily basis and how much is it.

A subway sandwich on the 5$ menu cant even compete with the price and macros in a 4$ 1lbs chicken breast.
>>
>>37032944
poor grad student here
I recommend eating tuna and salmon. You can get these cheap and in single servings. Salmon allegedly has less heavy metals in it than tuna, but I'm not so sure on this. I try to eat 4 or less packs of the tuna a week, maybe a pack of the salmon if i feel like i missed some protein in a day.

Eggs, milk, and oats are key. I generally don't eat oats and drink low-fat milk on a cut because the protein/calorie ratio is not that great - but they are cheap and filling for sure. The fiber in the oats is really helpful for your digestive system as well.

I also use protein powder and creatine supplements. I can usually make one purchase last an entire month, so it's like i'm spending 7-14 extra dollars a week depending on how expensive your supplements are, which is pretty worth it to me.

Lastly, I eat a lot of beans/lentils. These are pretty boring (I just boil them in stock, maybe add in some veggies) but if you have a lot of spare time there are some tasty recipes out there.

Hope this helps a fellow poor memer
>>
>>37032944
oh, I forgot about pork rinds. These are pretty tasty when your regular diet gets boring (which it will, if you're doing what I did). Top tier protein/calorie ratio as well, so fine on a cut too.
>>
>>37033475

Most of that protein is collagen, which is protein is more or less the same way that fibre is a carbohydrate.
>>
>>37033475
pork rinds are cooked in extremely high temperatures that denature the protein (making it unavailable for your body to use) fyi
>>
>>37033499

Absolute broscience.
>>
>>37033499

Denaturing doesn't make a protein unusable in the human body.
>>
>>37033510
>>37033512
I must have misunderstood something then. Can you explain?
>>
>>37032975
Walmart has very, very, very affordable chicken breast. That's about as cheap and healthy as it gets.
>>
>>37033519

Pork rinds are a fairly shitty source of protein, but that's not due to it being denatured (denatured more or less just means 'broken back down into amino acids', which is exactly what your digestive system is gonna do anyway).
>>
what about eggs?
>>
4kg of ground beef and 2kg of lentils with 200ml of olive oil and 6 cans in tinned tomatoes you can then make it taste like a chilli or an Italian dish.

Works out to roughly 2700 calories and 170g of protons a day if you split it in to 14 portions and eat it for lunch and dinner

All for about 23 brit bongs
>>
Legumes, man. You can make gains off of like £2-3 a day by eating porridge, rice, beans, lentils, chicken, milk and frozen veg. If chicken is too expensive then get whey powder.
>>
>>37033579
Eggs are good and cheap but you can only have so many a day because cholesterol
>>
>>37033579
>>37033600

how many eggs a day can i have?

i'm buying 30 eggs for 3€, it lasts me for a week. am i eating too much eggs?
>>
>>37033418
I'm amazed at how many calories there are in milk. Going from full fat, to low fat makes so little difference!
>>
>>37032944
Eating healthy is not complicated, difficult, time consuming, or expensive. Go buy stuff for salads, fruits, protein powder, whole milk to fill out caloric totals.

Everything else is a luxury. Suck it up, pussy.
>>
>>37033032
Lol no
>>
>>37033661
Better yet, almond milk
>>
>>37032944
Where i'm from pork tenderloin is double the price of chicken legs but half the price of chicken breasts. I find it's a bit higher calories but very similar macros to chicken breast.

Tuna if you can is dirt cheap.

If you think veggies are all that expensive, hit your noname grocery store freezer section and grab California veggies, its literally frozen cauliflower and broccoli, good shit, Dirt cheap.

Milk where I'm from isn't bad, but i dont drink it very often any more because i eat the same thing every day.

Go online buy some dirt cheap protein.

Think of everything as price per protein serving. How much does it cost to hit 23g of protein for that food. Cost gets much easier to understand than.

GL man
>>
>>37032944
Learn how to cook faggot
>>
>>37034586
Also eggs, i eat a half dozen a day. Working my way up to gaston level.
>>
>>37032944
Bullshit dude, get bulk frozen chicken boobs, unfreeze as needed
get bulk frozen veggies

I went to the grocery store two weeks ago and I still have food left over for another week or so.
>>
>>37034535
enjoy your insulin resistance.
>>
>>37033537
Walmart chicken breast is that disgusting 15% water injected shit. I avoid it whenever possible
>>
File: 9320a.jpg (11 KB, 305x225) Image search: [Google]
9320a.jpg
11 KB, 305x225
>>37033320
tfw just discovered a place to get chicken thigh from asian store at £2.99/kg. Halal? More like halol i dont care. Tesco is at least £5.99 which is PURE BS desu
>>
>>37033306
Whole chickens are cheap, quarter it and save some money that way.
>>
Just buy whole chickens instead, at the local market they are like $6.50. Also check the meat market and ask them about weekly sales. Sometimes I get salmon for 4.99lb and chicken breast is always on sale 1.99lb. Dont forget pork, not as healthy but cheap as fuck. You can get a giant pork loin you can eat for several meals for under $10.
>>
File: 1460413007459.jpg (354 KB, 1600x1036) Image search: [Google]
1460413007459.jpg
354 KB, 1600x1036
>>37032944
Nigga you gotta actually look for the deals. They're everywhere, even Walmart. Some of the chicken is actually decent at a bargain, and their lentils are like 89 cents a bag. Go buy some eggs or something, damn.
>>
>>37035320
I get salmon and cod for free. Low pollution levels too.
>>
>>37032944
>2016
>not growing your own food
>not raising chickens for that wholesome freshness and early morning cock a doodle doo gains
Your day of making it will never come
>>
>>37032975
breh, there's some stuff that can keep up with the macros you need and is not expensive.
here's some:
-lentils
-chicken breast
-skim milk (gomad lol)
-oats
-brown rice
-broccoli
-kale
-eggs
-canned tuna
-tomatoes
-onions
-cauliflower

that's pretty cheap.
one bag of lentils will last you at lest a week.
a tray of frech chicken breast will cost you less than a meal at applebee's.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.