[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lost fat and kept eating clean and some lifting but my bod is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (290 KB, 1755x1755) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
290 KB, 1755x1755
Lost fat and kept eating clean and some lifting but my bod is still in the shitters. Should I just give up or am I doing anything wrong?
>>
lift more I recommend ppl like coolcicada's
>>
Lol, your body is way better already, keep going faggot
>>
>>37031191
This is called progress, not final product. Also need a timeline.
>>
there is definite improvement, so whatever your doing is working
>>
>>37031191
lift weights
>>
>>37031229
First pic is like from December second pic is today
>>
>>37031191

How long between the two pictures? Because progress HAS been made.
>>
>>37031275
HOLY SHIT
That's impressive anon!
>>
>>37031275
>>37031297

Oh, well then. In six month this isn't bad progress on fat loss.

How, exactly, have you been lifting?
>>
>>37031307
Still pretty new to the gym so I try to work chest and triceps one day the next day biceps and shoulders then chest and triceps again so on then squeeze in legs and etc. Basically working mon-fri and rest days on weekends
>>
>>37031191
Try lifting.
>>
>>37031356

try a real fucking routine? dicking around in the planet fitness with no experience probably isnt pushing the volume you should be doing
>>
Start working abs and keep doing what your doing imo.
>>
>>37031356
If you start following a solid routine, like a ppl, you might see better results, but you really have made great progress for six months, so whatever you're doing is definitely working.
>>
>>37031407
How would I find a real routine?
>>
Welcome to natty gains.

That aside. You look demonstrably better, keep it up, proud of you.
>>
>>37031431

Push (Chest/Triceps/Shoulders):

Flat Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Seated (or Standing) Barbell Shoulder/Overhead Press: 3x5
Incline Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise: 3x10-12
Rope Pushdowns (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Overhead Dumbbell Extension or similar triceps exercise: 3x10-12
Shrugs(circuit machine or dumbbells): 3x10-12

Pull (Back/Biceps):

Barbell Rows: 3x5
Lat Pulldowns with (Long Bar or V-bar) (circuit machine): 3x8-10
Seated Rows (circuit machine) - optional if already doing barbell rows: 3x8-10
Face-pulls: 3x-10-12
Barbell Bicep Curls (Alternate between close and normal grip): 4x-10-12
Choice of one other bicep exercise (typically Hammer Curls): 3x10-12

Legs (Quad/Ham/Calves):

Barbell Squats: 4x5-6
Leg Press (optional if already doing above squats): 3x8-10
Leg Extensions (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Hamstring Curls (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Standing Calf Raises (circuit machine): 5x10-12

I usually do either P/P/L [REST] P/P/L or P/P/L/P/P/L[Rest]

* I did not list any warm-up exercises. *
>>
>>37031444
Ah shit thanks for this.
>>
>>37031356

Okay, I understand why it is you've built zero muscle. Now that you've slimmed down, it's time to bulk on a Linear Progression program.

You can pick either SS, SL, Reg Park's Beginner's Routine, or Greyskull LP. But only retards pick SL, RPBR, or Greyskull.
>>
>>37031459

Please don't do that routine. You don't even have any idea how to increase the weight, which is what makes you bigger and stronger, which is the entire goddamn point of having a routine.

You're a noob. Pick one of the goddamn Approved for Noob Routines, and don't post here again until you've finished it unless it's to ask for advice on how to perform the important barbell lifts.

The answer, by the way, is to buy/pirate the Starting Strength 3rd Ed book and read it. It'll teach you everything you need to know about actually lifting the barbell. Yes, even if you aren't going the SS program itself.
>>
>>37031191
No, keep going. That's a huge amount of progress. Bear in mind you will almost always be wearing clothes anyway, and you probably look just fine in them.

Keep reading and watching vids, then modify your diet and routine as necessary to support the gains you want to make.
>>
Starting Strength is a great way for a beginner to get bored and burn out after 6 months because of little progress.

The thing is, if you're 16-29 years old, your body can handle way more volume than fucking SS offers. SS has you doing like 5 total different exercises per day, yeah it gets heavy over time. But a young healthy male with good form should just skip SS
>>
So what do we do then? PPL?
>>
>>37031616
>>37031655
>>
>>37031191
try lifting weights
>>
>>37031307
how the fuck is this not bad progress on fat loss, you can do this in like 1 month
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.