[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fat Progress Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8
File: 1462146983506.jpg (311 KB, 2004x632) Image search: [Google]
1462146983506.jpg
311 KB, 2004x632
Thread for the fatties who are working to improve themselves.

How long? What's your progress? What's your diet like? What's your routine like? Advice or tips for those starting out?

Pic is not me but one that keeps me inspired.
>>
File: image.png (166 KB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
image.png
166 KB, 1242x2208
Been a bit over a year now. Started at 216, now at 157. I hurt my back so just trying to lose weight, got to be very careful about my exercise but I'm good about doing physical therapy and have lots of body weight exercises I do.

Last few weeks I went from 155 to 157, a bit backwards, so trying to figure out where I went wrong and fix it! I'm 5'11 and want to be about 150 lean muscle, now I'm 157 skinny fat

My tip to you is to make it a marathon rather than a sprint. Easy does it, count your calories every day, don't be afraid to take a while to get healthy. Also don't drink alcohol, that shit slows weight loss so bad. If you have to just do it once a week in moderation.

Pic related is my MFP history.
>>
File: before-after-photo.jpg (75 KB, 575x367) Image search: [Google]
before-after-photo.jpg
75 KB, 575x367
>>37025993
I don't for a split second believe thats the same person
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-03-22-05-43.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-03-22-05-43.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
Started at an unknown weight.
Was so fat the scales said 0ld when I stepped on.
First recorded weight a couple of weeks ago was 152kg, currently 143kg

It would be a significant loss if I was smaller, but because I'm so fat, you can't really see a change
>>
File: Progress.jpg (843 KB, 5036x901) Image search: [Google]
Progress.jpg
843 KB, 5036x901
Image is my first weight loss journey. Now, I'm trying to maintain some beefiness on my journey to 220 lbs. (currently 265 lbs.)

This is my current routine ABabABx at sub-3,000 calories/day.

PUSH:
Flat Barbell Bench Press with warmup
Incline Barbell Bench Press
Standing Overhead Press
Barbell Squat
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
Arnold Dumbbell Press
Triceps Pushdown
Cable Rope Overhead Triceps Extension
Dips

PULL:
Barbell Deadlift with warmup
Barbell Shrug
Stiff-Legged Barbell Deadlift
Barbell Row
Seated Cable Row
Lat Pulldown
EZ-Bar Curl
Hammer Curl
Chin-Ups

Lowercase "ab" are lighter days.
Barbell Squat is occasionally done on a separate day with cardio.
Dips are done only when I have the equipment.
Stiff-Legged Barbell Deadlift and Chin-Ups are usually only done on lighter days.

Lifts:
OHP: 155 lbs.
Bench: 275 lbs.
Squat: 405 lbs.
Dead: 415 lbs.
>>
>>37026093
It's not impossible over 3 years or more.
>>
File: IhIgE.jpg (453 KB, 810x4757) Image search: [Google]
IhIgE.jpg
453 KB, 810x4757
>>37025993

Started back in October at 375. It took about 4 months to hit 345. At the time I focused specifically on cleaning up my diet and counting calories, limiting junk-food to a once a week occurrence, toyed around with keto for a month. Just built up a bit of discipline when concerning food and setting calorie counting as second nature.

Since January I've been cycling protein sparring modified fasts. 6 weeks on 2 weeks off, 4 weeks on, 2 weeks off. Currently on the 3rd week of what will be a 6-12 week cycle. It takes a bit of getting used to but once you get the hang of a PSMF it's a breeze.

Currently at 260, gonna ride this last cycle down to just about 220 (so 210 to account for glycogen/water replenishment). At 275 I overtook the lightest I'd been since age 13. Though I've heard it gets harder to lose weight he lower you get (of course empirically true) I'm not feeling it - every single day I wake up the lightest AND fittest I've been in over a decade. It feels unreal...

It feels like I'm making it.
>>
>>37026154

Fantastic work, breh. Your routine looks solid too - looks like a modified Candito Linear Program. Suitcase and snatch-grip dead-lifts are both fun lifts if you're looking for a little variation.
>>
File: 02.png (109 KB, 500x222) Image search: [Google]
02.png
109 KB, 500x222
Hi OP, two weeks ago today I read the sticky and got to work cutting calories and exercising. Since then I've lost ~3 lbs.

The calorie counting sucked at first but I'm finding that it's becoming much easier as I'm getting used to it. I'm using myfitnesspal and finding that even the free version is great for keeping an eye on things.

My diet has a lot more in the way of protein shakes, far fewer processed foods, and a lot more of my go-to low-calorie small bit of food; carrots. I hella miss eating granola bars though.

My routine so far is to get in at least an hour of exercise biking/kettlebells a day. During which time I've been drinking about 3/4 gallon of water and still needed more water when I'm done.

As a complete amateur I don't have much in the way of pithy advice except to say watch the calories and good luck to you.

Pic is my ideal body type.
>>
Just started a month ago. I haven't been weighing myself because I just want to look and feel healthy and feel good about myself but I'd estimate I started at about 270.

Honestly the dieting isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I find it pretty easy to stay under 1500 calories per day as long as I don't keep any junk food in the house and let myself have 1 cheat day per week. Even on the cheat days I don't usually go over 2200 calories.

I'm actually starting to look forward to my runs. The only downside is that I run outside and it's hard for me to keep to a slow enough pace. Right now my typical daily cardio is to run half a mile, walk for about 10 minutes, then run another half mile. My short term goal is to be able to get that whole mile with no walk break.

I'm feeling positive because I can definitely tell my clothes are starting to feel looser. Once I get down around 220 or so I might start doing some basic lifting.

I know I'm still very much at the beginning but I want to make it.
>>
>>37026154
Good for you man. That's some hella fast weight loss.
>>
Favorite low calorie meals for fatties trying to lose weight?

I mostly rotate between chicken breast, fish, and shrimp for my proteins and broccoli, peppers, and carrots on the side. Sometimes fruit for desert.

Need more ideas.
>>
>>37026855
canned tuna/salmon/makarel mixed with mustard, dill pickle and sriracha, p good dude, also jerky if youre feelin not too hungry
>>
>>37026058
Even Corona Lights? I mean those only have 90 calores per bottle ya know...
>>
>>37026951
The problem is whenever you drink alcohol your body stops what it is processing and moves only to alcohol until that's processed. So especially drinking the beer around a meal is a bad idea.

I was amazed but I really noticed the slow down in weight loss when I started having a beer with dinner even though total calories were the same.

Further for that 90-150kcal you can have a snack like almonds which will actually curb your hunger with fiber and provide nutrients. It's a bad trade off to exchange 20-25 almonds for a beer. For me anyways, I'd rather curb the hunger.
>>
File: 1462281456809.jpg (93 KB, 670x728) Image search: [Google]
1462281456809.jpg
93 KB, 670x728
Hey guys, I'm just starting out again my second burst.

I was 155Kg back in July 2014, reached 125Kg by the end of 2014, then I got extremely busy with college and other stuff and just couldn't keep the pace anymore.

Now I weighted myself last week and was at 132Kg. It's a real shame, but honestly I thought the damage had been worse. My aim is 100Kg, if possible 90. I'm 1,80m tall and burly in general. Large shoulders, thick bone structure. I don't think I can go much lower than 90Kg, but I want to stop looking like a fucking bear.

Thing is, I'm only 21 and my knees are already complaining. I don't think I should run or jog, I'm afraid it'll cause more harm than good. Actually even when I walk a lot (I commute daily to and from college on foot, and that's a 2Km walk according to google maps), that is, significantly more than usual, I feel a faint pain in my lower joints. Oh, and I have a very slight case of scoliosis. Doctor said it's less than 15 degrees and thus no need for surgery or treatment, but I should still avoid stressing my back too much. But now I have more free time, and I want to do something.

What are good low joint-impact, low back-stress exercises? Preferably that wouldn't require me to pay a gym subscription, but I'll do it if there's no other way.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.