[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /fit/ motivate itself through depression?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: a79.jpg (27 KB, 600x566) Image search: [Google]
a79.jpg
27 KB, 600x566
How does /fit/ motivate itself through depression?
>>
>>36994369
I stop being a little bitch and hit the gym, post work-out feels feel good man.
>>
>>36994369
Accept you feel like shit.
Remind yourself successful people do not allow emotions to dictate behavior.
>>
>>36994369
Try my best to deal with it.

>tfw never had a gf 23yr old virgin
>>
>>36994387
my problem is, that feeling wears off.
>>
>>36994369
Thinking about self-medicating my depression. Now I've read some antidepressants will make you gain weight and get gyno. Which substance class is best for /fit/ people? SSRI, SNRI, DARI, SSNRI etc...?
>>
>>36997460

I think it might be better for you to find out what is causing your depression, I've gone down the medication route and after two years I am still where I began.

If guilt and anxiety are your issues, SSRI will be the best, If your issues are lethargy/apathy go for SNRI or even stimulants like Dexamphtamine, Adderall or Provigil. If you suffer from both, I suppose mixing SSRI with an stimulant would be best.

Still though, if your depression is coming due to things you could change right now, you should try to change that before becoming dependent on pills.
>>
I don't have a lot going on in my life besides lifting, so it's something I always look forward to.
>>
>>36997460

Alcohol.
>>
>>36997593

Alcohol is pure garbage, fucks with your gains and everything else, doesn't even make you feel good, desu.
>>
File: 1302718923940.jpg (252 KB, 787x768) Image search: [Google]
1302718923940.jpg
252 KB, 787x768
>>36997564
Thanks for advice, my main issue is low motivation and sudden mood swings from suicidal to "normal mode" within minutes and several times a day. The bad thing is I dont even care anymore, like in a zoo watching an orang-utang doing weird shit
>>
>>36997593
I'd rather smash ketamine than drink alcohol tbqh
>>
Most of my depression is self inflicted. Girls constantly approach me and I always reject their advances (mostly because I'm socially awkward but also I just prefer being alone)
Tomorrow I have to take a girl to cinema though so I'm hoping things go well and it's not a painfest.
>>
>>36997460

Depends why you are depressed, to make matters worse, no one can agree on what makes people depressed either. Either your neuro-chemistry is fucked, or you have 'some shit' in your life you haven't worked through, or (usually) a combination of both.

You can practice gratitude / read books (Self help / power of now / alan watts / tony robbins, shit like that, any book that breaks the constant stream of negative thoughts will do really, it's not so much the book as it is having a book where you spend an hour a day essentially having empowering thoughts. Read a tony robbins book and try and feel depressed after you finish reading for the day) / meditate, if that shit doesn't work, you can talk about your problems with a professional, and if that shit still doesn't work, medicate the problems away.

With medication, you can see a shrink (they have some cool drugs) or a dealer (they have cooler drugs), you can go daily use all the time (shrink route) or you can do things like low dose ketamine therapy (microdosing over an hour period for 3 - 5 days), has been shown to basically 'fix' neurochemical depression. You can also do guided mdma or psychedelic sessions (you essentially get a year of therapy in 3 - 5 hours that way).

In talk therapy, your therapist is trying to break down your ego by creating a safe space for you to remove the ego / deal with your shit and find closure, and depending on how fucked up you are it could take ages, mdma / psychedelics basically just strip that ego off in less than an hour so you can get straight down to doing the work.

The main difference is having a good guide / therapist for your session (My therapist did a day session with me and I got more out of that one acid trip than I did in the previous 15 sessions). Finding someone to help with that is the hard part though. But once you spend enough time on this path, eventually you get sick of being depressed, you drop the mask, and it's gone just like that.
>>
>>36997460
Stay away from all of that and just stick to weed
>>
>>36994387

>mfw depressions sets after 1 hour of lifting
>mfw it doesn't go away even if my body is responding well
>>
>>36997781
But wont weed make me even more lethargic?
>>
>>36998039
Not anymore than SSRIs does
>>
>>36997781

>Weed is good meme
>>
File: uMJrHJu.jpg (239 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
uMJrHJu.jpg
239 KB, 1500x1000
>>36994369
swim
>>
>>36998039
Just don't smoke indicas during the day. If you've never smoked a sativa before, or don't smoke it at all, start with a weaker strain.
>>
>>36994369
Meditation.

Mindfulness techniques.

Enjoying the moment for what it is. Nothing but a moment that will cease to exist if not cherished right away we will constantly be looking for other things. In all reality thinking about the past or future is a waste of time and energy. All we have is the present.

Sam-e is expensive but it helps.
Ginko biloba helps me as well.
St. John's wart is shown to increase stuff.

If all else fails get your test checked to make sure you're not low.

Depression is mental but it can be caused my physiological reasons. Lack of nutrients, certain chemicals, etc.
>>
>>36997460
Tianeptine.
>>
>>36994369
SHUT UP, YOU FUCKING FAGGOT. YOU'RE NOT FUCKING DEPRESSED.

WHY CAN'T I BROWSE ANY WEBSITE FOR JUST ONE DAY WITHOUT HAVING TO READ ABOUT SOME FAGGOT WHO SO "DEPRESSED"?

Kill yourself.
>>
>>36994369

you know those days where you just feel like shit? When everything just doesnt seem like it has any meaning? Like you just want to stay in bed and give up?

Those are the days where you aren't going to give up

You're going to wake up, and carry your limp, motivationless body through everything that you need to do to improve yourself. You're going to walk into that gym, and listen to 2016's latest shitty pop hits. You're going to push out every set in your routine, even if it takes you 30 minutes to collect the motivation before each set. And if you feel like shit the next day, do the same thing.

One day you'll wake up with your goal body, triple digits in the bank, and a beautiful girl by your side.

Will you still feel shitty then?
>>
>>36998304
>triple digits in the bank
so under $1,000?

>one day
what if this day never comes

>girl by your side
a girl who has been with so many other guys and is settling down for my triple digits bank account

>Will you still feel shitty then?
yes
>>
File: goodfeels.png (5 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
goodfeels.png
5 KB, 645x773
Embrace your depression and become one with it. It will then go.
>>
>>36994369

Realize depression is a label put by the jews to make you become productive as fuck and adopt all the fucking feel good bullshit to make you a wageslave and be able to handle more meaningless stress that the jews will put in your life
>>
>>36998354

>goal body
>get old and shrivel up
>>
>>36994369
I don't. I use discipline. Motivation is fleeting.
>>
Remind my self that suicide is always an option. This helps me get rid of the feeling of being "trapped".
>>
>>36997766
This is an extremely well thought out and accurate post.
>>
>>36998637
Is this sarcasm? I can't tell. When I took acid, I'd never been so at peace, but I didn't take anything positive away other than having a good day with a good friend. If I could get hold of some acid, I'd probably take a strongish dose and ask a sitter to stay with me, see if I can get anything good.
>>
>>36999016
I'm not being sarcastic. I agree with everything you said.

I've had numerous psychedelic insights and honestly love the drug to pieces. Wana chat if you need a tripsitter? I have steam no homo
>>
I just don't allow myself to stop to think about anything. I literally wake up go to the gym then work then bed.
>>
>>36999105
I was the guy who asked if you were sarcastic, not the guy you originally replied to, I read that guys post and was like wow I didn't think this sort of thing existed, never mind being useful, and then couldn't tell with your reply.

I'm in the UK, so getting hold of it is a pain in the ass. I don't want to use Tor, but might end up trialing it by buying something lighter and seeing how it goes. I can get weed, x, anything common VERY easily, but acid just isn't around.
>>
>>36997766
Where would I even start to find a guide for my trip like that?
> A-asking for a f-friend
>>
Live life.

>tfw during the day to day, I'm fine, I'm happy, I look forward to living life
>tfw every single day, waking up and going to sleep are the hardest parts, feeling so empty inside and alone with my thoughts

I hate every single morning and night.
>>
>>36994435
M8, having a girlfriend doesn't mean sex. Rejoice in what you have. I believe that alone can be achieved much more. Hit the gym, hit the books, and do your shit, the rest will come.
>>
>>36997460
Fluoxetine my dude
>>
>>36999327
I'm in the UK too. Honestly, the best outlets I've found for it here, aside from using the deep web, is making hippy friends. Sounds cliche but true. Some girl that my friend worked with I developed a friendship with and she hooked me up with it all the time.

It definitely seems more like a 'clique' drug to source as opposed to asking round dealers. But I'd say learning deep web is your best bet for quality stuff. And you always want your acid to be quality.
>>
>>36999411
pls respond
>>
>>36999646
No

Die.
>>
Hope for a better day
>>
>>36999956
That will never come.
>>
File: dank_red_pill.jpg (6 KB, 250x366) Image search: [Google]
dank_red_pill.jpg
6 KB, 250x366
Take this daily
>>
>>37000056
wats that? does it say Lifexor XP?

ALSO FUCK ME IN THE ASS!!!
>>
>>36994369

i dont know that feel since im not cursed with beta DNA.
>>
>>37000122
Effexor XR
>>
>>36997460
SS + GOMAD
>>
>>36994413
only valid post in this thread
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.