[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /fit/. I'm here for workout advice. I turned 28 recently,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 64769007.jpg (46 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
64769007.jpg
46 KB, 259x194
Hi /fit/.

I'm here for workout advice. I turned 28 recently, and I've decided it's time to stop letting myself go. I've quit smoking, and drastically changed my diet. No sodas, no bread (except a bit of wheat bread), lots of veggies/fruits, lots of water, smaller portions, and no late night eating anymore.

My next step is to sign up for a gym. I realize I am not accustomed to any workout routine at all and I need to get into it without hurting myself.

I'm 5'10, and I currently weigh 280 lbs. I have smoked cigarettes for 10 years and have had a light-medium activity full time job since I was 16. I'm not in terrible shape, and I am highly motivated to do it and commit. I just need to know how to approach this new habit and make the most of it. Thank you.
>>
bump cos I'm a complete novice and am looking for experienced advice
>>
THE STICKY, RETARD

READ IT
>>
>>36991528
read the sticky and look into beginner routines such as Strong lifts. Start tracking calories (most important step) and eat at a 500 deficit from your TDEE. You need to do a bit of research on your own and the sticky is a good start
>>
>>36991528
>5'10
>280lbs
>not in "terrible" shape

good lord the delusion, please find the yellow dinosaur
>>
>I'm 5'10, and I currently weigh 280 lbs.

What counts as terrible shape to you if that doesn't?
>>
>>36991528
>5 10
>280 lbs
>smoked for 10 years
>not in horrible shape
So somewhat related story, I wanted to get into swimming and the junior collage near me has this amazing pool but the only class I could get into without going to collage was some like elderly aquatic shit, it had a name I just don't remember, basically old/fat peoplejust treading water for an hour with an instructor so they don't die. Anyways I knew the instructor and asked if I signed up I could just swim around on my own, she didn't care so I sign up. The first day in doing my thing and I notice when I come up for air it smells like this disgusting rancid cigerrette smoke that makes me fucking gag. I look around and realize all these fat fucks that smoke are winded and breathing deep for the first time in god knows how long and releasing this like ancient cigarette smoke that's just like floating on top of the water. Idk how you people live like that
>>
>>36992002
I was thinking the same.
>>
>>36992040
Dude wtf.. also its spelled college.
>>
please be bait
>>
>>36992072
Yeah I never went plus I grew up in the south, sorry to rustle you bud.
>>
>>36991528
http://www.jimwendler.com/2015/12/2016-help-a-friend-get-stronger/
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.