[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of you have done Convict Conditioning? As in, by the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: apfdjsphsiadf.jpg (2 MB, 3500x2414) Image search: [Google]
apfdjsphsiadf.jpg
2 MB, 3500x2414
How many of you have done Convict Conditioning? As in, by the book, following the program from Step 1.
>How were your results?
>What kept your interest in it?
>>
>>36990288
i read it and think it's crap, don't know with some people recommend it, some of the last progressions are insane, not even top gymnasts can do 1 arm handstand pushups for reps, i've been doing calisthenics only for 2 years and i can do about 15 one arm pushups and 4 one arm pullups, but not even 1 close feet straight torso one arm pushups. but thats my opinion
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-30-22-57-35.png (489 KB, 480x854) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-30-22-57-35.png
489 KB, 480x854
>>
>>36990638
>training for 2 years
>15 one arm pushups
>4 one arm pullups
Yeah, no. Unless you are 120 lbs in weight.
>>
>>36990697
Right? I love that guy's face
>>
>>36990699
i'm 173cm(5'8) and 70kg(155lbs) i kip just a little on the oapullups, but the oapushups are solid, i say 2 years of intense training meaning 2hs on regular days and 4-5h on weekends, but doing casual calisthenics 3 years, my first year was pure endurance, my goal was increasing number, but as i had stopped growing i started doing harder progressions and weighted pullups/dips, my max was 3x7 with 40kg on pullups and as i haven't got more weight 3x15 with 40kg on dips
>>
File: 1.jpg (87 KB, 622x568) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
87 KB, 622x568
The book is bullshit. It was not written by an inmate or any of those shenanigans written. As already said, the progression is insane and the person who wrote it is not an athlete by any mean.

Real talk. I'm here for years and every single day people like you come here and talk and talk about calisthenics and park training. But go in CBTs and see the routines. I can assure you none of the guys will say calisthenics. You know why? Because it's nearly impossible to keep a progressive overload using only your bodyweight. After some weeks it's not enough. Get a gym membership and I can guarantee you that you'll not regret.
>>
Why would you follow a book written by people whose limitation was being incarcerated when you as a free person can walk into a gym

How fucking dumb can you get
>>
>>36990699

One arm pushups are pretty easy. One arm pullups are hard but achievable for most.
>>
For the amateur athlete, bodyweight exercises are best left as assistance work. For the reasons listed here:

>>36991646
>Because it's nearly impossible to keep a progressive overload using only your bodyweight.

If you train from child or have 8 hours a day to practice gymnastics with some Russian coach from the USSR, bodyweight exercises are worth the time. Otherwise just get a gym membership like everyone else.
>>
>>36991677
This.Why.You're not in prison.
/thread.
>>
>>36990288
dude wearing surgeon gloves has to be getting ass raped
>>
>>36991832
and i bet anyone with good insertions would end up getting gang raped in the showers
>>
>>36991847
no one in prison gives a fuck about insertions unless theyre cutting you
>>
If your looking to constantly gain mass then please don't do bodyweight.

You'll most likely stay in otter mode but maybe a tad bit bigger. If this is not your goal aesthetic wise then don't bother . I only do bw but I'm on a tablet and can't post picks . I look "okish" imo
>>
Go to /asp/ and look at the bodyweight general thread, they'll have much better resources for bodyweight training. They used to have threads here but I guess they got tired of the shitposting
>>
>>36990697
dafuq?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.