[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
$230/month for groceries
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: download.png (2 KB, 288x144) Image search: [Google]
download.png
2 KB, 288x144
Is this enough in the GTA? How do I get the most bang for my buck?
>>
>>36989413
what do you mean GTA?
>>
>>36989427
Large Hadron Collider
>>
>>36989427
Greater Toronto Area. Pretty much just people who like to be associated with Toronto but don't actually live there
>>
>>36989449
Fuck off drake no one cares
>>
What kind of shitty ass food are you buying with $230? Get your mom to shop for you.
>>
>>36989510
getting kicked out soon, parents are moving to another provincel idk anything about groceries just want to know if it's enough
>>
>>36989523
go to no frills. look for deals
>>
>>36989531
yeah im ganna start looking at the fliers too
>>
>>36989413
yeah its enough man. i live in north york and i spend $80 a week on groceries and eat very well. you just have to be a little tight.

buy only raw foods, eg veg, fruit, meat and grains, that way you don't pay taxes(gov. only taxes prepared items)

230 will be tricky, but doable. i've done it before.

beans and rice will be your new best friend, lol. very cheap and filling. also mixed frozen berries from no frills, $12! good for smoothies. bananas... rice... pork is cheap. salmon with skin can be pretty cheap if you buy the farmed crap. bread + BP

broccoli, kale carrots... cheap and healthy.

buy rice oatmeal and other shit in bulk if you can. gl senpai
>>
>>36989413
use this recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rib-dry-rub-recipe.html

add to one large can of kidney beans.

boil 1-2 cups of dry rice up.

add together. good source of lots of stuff, will keep you full... not bad protein. good staple.
>>
>>36989413
oh. and stay the fuck out of food basics, it sucks dick.

no frills is tops for quality - cost ratio. metro is not bad. loblaws is the most expensive, but they have the best quality everything. sobeys is like loblaws.
>>
What about Chinese grocery stores? I see a bunch along Steeles. Are they worth checking out?
>>
>>36989620
Forget rice. Potatoes are a better source of carbs. They have more protein, B and C vitamins. More iron, calcium, etc. (per calorie)
>>
>>36990435
sure if you dont mind eating starches, go for it. if you're trying for a leaner diet, eat long grain brown rice. potatoes are not as vitamin dense as other vegetables, and they will raise your blood-glucose levels making you hungry again soon. also beans and rice will deliver far more protein than potatoes, as well as iron.

kale has a ridiculous amount of vitamins and minerals, and should be eaten every day.

>>36989955
my experience with chinese super markets is that the quality of veggies and meat is pretty bad, but you will save some money. take a look for sure.

T&T is good however, and Galleria, which is Korean, is very very good. they have excellent cuts of beef. but pricey.
>>
>>36989413
where do you live in the GTA?
>>
>>36989413
>two hundred and thirty fucking doolyroos for groceries
i mean yeah our dollar sucks but that's way enough
>>
I live on $200/month for food as a college student right now. My shopping cart consists of eggs, chicken, rice, pasta, sauce, greek yogurt, canned salmon, bagels, and red cabbage. Breakfast is Greek yogurt, salmon, bagel and eggs. Lunch is chicken, rice, and cole slaw. Dinner is chicken and spaghetti. I eat the same thing every day, have been doing this for almost a year.

You can bulk up eating this stuff by using the salmon for a 4th meal, and you can cut really easily by cutting some carbs.

All of that stuff is pretty cheap, and it's really good for you. I can't really even eat fast food anymore because all the grease makes me sick.
>>
>>36990967
This is great thanks.

Isnt that a bit too much salmon a day?
>>
>>36991253
Just wondering because it's canned
>>
>>36989413

I spend like $80 every two weeks. I shop at No Frills. You'll be fine bud.
>>
>>36991300
How much do spend on meats per week? Im thinking about getting the large size package of ground beef, chicken breasts and some canned salmon
>>
>>36989427
toronto
>>
can we hang out op? i promise not to be a drag
>>
Im working in finance for a coop this summer. If any of you want to set up a coffee date downtown. Post here
>>
Don't Come near nfld, I spend ~100/week+ on groceries. Fml
>>
>>36991671
Jesus, is it that bad over there?

Heard all the young people are leaving the maritimes
>>
op you're a retard. There is literally no reason to go over $100 a month if you're buying for a single person. I shop in nofrills all the time and stay within the $80/month while bulking
>>
>>36991793
Can you please give me a run down ?

Will chicken and beef will cost me 30ish a week?
>>
>>36991809
Pasta - 800g about $2
Oats - 10 packs $1.88
And so on...
I assumed it was meat that took to main portion of your budget. Go for thighs (usually cheaper and same amount of protein). I advise you to purchase protein supplements and get meat for 2-3 times a week. You can get a 5lbs bag for $30
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.