[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any /fit/aggots do triathlon? Or swimming, cycling, running or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
Any /fit/aggots do triathlon? Or swimming, cycling, running or any other multi-event sports? Looking to complete a half ironman next summer, and since starting tri my fitness has gone through the roof
>>
File: 1423819377435-0.jpg (267 KB, 823x1280) Image search: [Google]
1423819377435-0.jpg
267 KB, 823x1280
>>36988453
I want to get into triathlon but I dont have the time to, or to put it better I dont want to sacrifice swimming to train running and cycling.
I swim 4 days a week in the morning and lift twice a week + work and university.
How did you started anon?
>>
>>36988549
There are a lot of aquathlons nowadays (just swimming a running) which are pretty godly for fitness, if you swim in the mornings then running in the evenings would be great if you could fit it in, or try to do some brick sessions

I started in school when I was 17 then joined my university triathlon club so I've been doing it for 3-4 years now. It feels pretty good because the majority of people either do nothing or just lift so people automatically assume I'm some kind of endurance machine
>>
>inb4 triathletes are all skeletmans

This man did not do any weightlifting at all. He did 50 ironman tris in 50 days and ate around 8,000 calories a day
>>
It consumes a lot of time. About 4 hours of training 4x a week. Most triathletes look fit but never god tier alphas. The fine line between being fit and being obsessive gets crossed real fast. It's a great bucket list goal but not long term fitness regime. I lasted a year then went back to the gym.
>>
>>36988453
>triathlon
Why would I want to train hard to be mediocre at 3 things, instead of really good at one?
>cycling/swimming are GOAT cardio
>>
>>36988955
Also some pinning yea
>>
>>36989145
Depends what you mean by God tier alpha I suppose, personally I think being fucking fit as fuck and not caring about other shit is bretty cool

>>36989504
Mediocre at 3 things? If you join a running/cycling/swimming club then you will always spot the triathletes because they are all ridiculously fit compared to average Joe who goes running after work once a week
>>
triathlon is a god tier sport tho
>>
>>36989560
>Club
That's you're problem, I only see them in groups of young competitive cyclists, and they always get rekt. Also their shit pack skills. I can't believed their skills in the other two are much better
>>
>>36990743
To be honest, I hate group riding. I used to be a cyclist first and a triathlete second but now I'm a lot better at running. I much prefer cycling alone or as a group of 2-3 because it's a lot safer and you won't get a million cars hurl abuse at you

Plus I believe there's more to fitness than being able to rotate your legs so instead I'll rotate my arms and then rotate my legs in a different manner
>>
>>36989560
Lmao. Yeah you can spot the tringuys because they are slower than the rest of the serious guys in the club.

Don't delude yourself high level swimmer/runner/cyclist are better at their respective sport than tri guys.

Finally tris are all heavily weighted for cyclists. As an ex-swimmer I find this pretty fucked up.

It's great activity to stay in shape and more power to you for doing it, but don't bring that fucking crossfit attitude here thinking you are hot shit cuz you combine three disparate activities.
>>
>>36988955
dude literally looks like shit
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.