[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question. What the fuck kind of lifting do Marines do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9
Serious question. What the fuck kind of lifting do Marines do to get so jacked? Some kind of hypertrophy 3 sets of 12 per muscle group thing that hits every major muscle group twice a week? I'm tired of being small.
>>
injecting gear 3 x 12 more like
>>
>>36987433
Lmao that guy's not even big.
>>
>>36987433

before pic
>>
>>36987454

He has a better physique than you though faggot
>>
>>36987433
As a former marine, when you live on base there's not a fucking thing to do besides lift, drink and buy groceries. Going off base and coming back is now a fucking hassle, can't do a damn thing without threats of being NJP'd or page 11'd, so I think that's a decently big part of it. A lot of marines are skinnyfat drunks who can score decently on a PFT.
>>
>>36987433
>Some kind of hypertrophy 3 sets of 12 per muscle group thing that hits every major muscle group twice a week? I'm tired of being small.
This shit doesn't matter. Lifting increasingly heavy shit and you'll get bigger.
>>
>>36987501

I'm a grad student with a gym conveniently close to me. The only constraints I have are that I have to work on my research, I have to time my lifting sessions around my meals, and I eat meals at my cafeteria but I make sensible choices and supplement accordingly. After a year and a bit I'm still not seeing that guy's results. What am I doing wrong, how should I be lifting? My routine is like this: KULKULx where K is kickboxing lessons, U is upper and L is lower. Upper is centered around bench and ohp for 5x5 or 5x10 alternating.
>>
>>36987501
Thanks for what you did for the country, man. Respect.
>>
>>36987454
hmm actually curious how you would look. pics?
>>
>>36987583
Too much cardio with out eating enough
>>
>push ups, pull ups, sit ups, 3 mile run everyday

its not magic, look at pic

big: bi, tri, pec, abs
small: literally everything else
>>
Work in Admin. Never do any actual work. Spend all day at the gym.
>>
>>36987501
What this guy said.
being active duty currently and working with Marines, They usually have nothing to do on base. Sometimes theyre on lock down and arent granted the same liberties. if youre on a military instillation where marines are, 9/10 the gym will be packed with them.
>>
>>36987742

Marines run literally every day on an empty stomach so I doubt I'm doing too much cardio by comparison.
>>
I met a marine in Hawaii and he said the fitness aspect of it was a joke. So any of those jacked guys aren't that way because of their military training.
>>
>>36987433
>What the fuck kind of lifting do Marines do to get so jacked?
Calisthenics/cardio in the morning 5x a week. Lift 6x a week. Supplement with "hikes" (walk at a bare minimum of 3 mph w/at least 60 pounds on your back) at the very least 10 miles a week. Take a week off every now and then just to walk around in a swamp. Throw in some test if you're not seeing results and you're tired of being the skinny boot.

At least that's what works in North Carolina.
>>
>>36987433
steroids

lots of them, you will find out in basic where to get them
>>
>>36987863
Forgot to add, all that really matters is going to the gym, and the roids of course. There are plenty of disgustingly skinny and fat marines out there. There's no secret way to "get so jacked". Also, I think you'd be surprised how many marines frequent /fit/, I know I always am.
>>
>>36987866
no, you wont. Marines also have lots of room inspections, as well as health and comforts, which is a complete room search, they check your lockers, drawers, ceiling tiles. etc. doing roids in a barracks is hard to get passed people. When you get BAH though and live on your own its easier. This guy is probably natty or put some pro hormones intoa vitamin bottle.
>>
>>36987774
EVERYDAY

It sucks
but my girl loves it
>>
>>36987962
>doing roids in a barracks is hard to get passed people
No it is not. I served in units where entire platoons were pinning.
>>
>>36987501
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CERVIX
>>
>>36987863
>Lift 6x a week.

Got a good lifting template to recommend?
>>
>>36988049
then Navy is much different, because they check everything in the Navy.
>>
>>36987433
I havent hit the fleet yet. Im down in Pensacola right now at flight school but I became hungry skeleton status at OCS and TBS.

No time at all to lift, obviously at OCS you are on their time and the workouts only make you weaker but even at TBS all my lifting was shit because I was exhausted all the time from studying.

Just getting my 365 bench now 12 months after joining.

The training the marines have you do does NOT have anything to do with the guys who are jacked. To be honest you can pretty accurately assume who has an 03 in front of their MOS by how big they are. The real grunts are usually the tiniest because of their training in infantry. Nobody is big down in the shit in a battlefield.

Biggest guys are usually the admin guys, no joke.
>>
>>36988143
what are you going to be flying, have you picked yet?
should be transitioning soon.
>>
>>36988143

Sweet, thanks for the info. 0311s can still crank out 20 pullups and run 18 minute 3 miles, right?
>>
>>36988256
Hit that 0331 machine gunner for them serious gainz
>>
>>36988513

ima let you finish but 0352 is the best infantry MOS and you'll have unlimited gym time in weapons company
>>
>>36988100

PPLPLPx

Push (with squats), pull, legs, push, legs, pull (with bench) and rest day running/light arm day.
>>
>>36987962

>Health and Comfort
Kek we just had one of those yesterday here in Nuke School
>>
Holy shit! That's camp Johnson...anyways marine fag here...we are not all jacked liked that. That dude is in logistics and does the same bro lifting that everyone else does plus cardio from pt.
>>
File: 1452382538509.jpg (16 KB, 367x386) Image search: [Google]
1452382538509.jpg
16 KB, 367x386
>>36988143

Hold up there guy, it's the 0311's that are the hungry skeletons of the infantry since their SSGT and LT wants to run them 5 miles everyday.

Weapons companies are /fit/ incarnate; jacked homoerotic Marines who play grab ass all day when they aren't humping or in the field.

Most pogs are skinnyfat fucks who go to the gym occasionally but they're are some who go to the gym often as well. Mixed bag for them.
>>
I've just recently started going to the gym daily and I, by no means, consider myself big but most of the people I see there are pretty jacked.

Like other anons have stated; there's nothing to do. We have a lot of restrictions so eventually Marines realize all they can do is go to the gym.
>>
Just cause you're in the military doesn't mean you can't access steroids. Hell, in some cases it means you have easier access than civilians.
>>
File: caatlife.jpg (195 KB, 875x657) Image search: [Google]
caatlife.jpg
195 KB, 875x657
>>36988809

weapons company represent
>>
>>36988911
>that jar of jif peanut butter in the trashcan.
Noice
>>
File: sixta.png (150 KB, 449x301) Image search: [Google]
sixta.png
150 KB, 449x301
>>36987501
MITE JUS NJP ALL YO ASSES
>>
>>36988634
>03XX

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

FUCKING GRUNTS

HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>36989076

i dont understand what this comment means
>>
File: image.jpg (171 KB, 1890x1417) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171 KB, 1890x1417
>>36989125
Should have been POG master race
>>
>>36987583
>not doing KLUKLUx aka the klan split for /fit/ and /pol/
Not gonna make it.
>>
>>36989278

i'm not going to argue this, i should've been a goddamn air winger.
>>
>>36989329
I think air refulers have a cutting score of like 1250 for corporal
>>
>>36989329
lol after 6 years in the infantry I finally have a way out of this pants on head retarded bullshit. doing ocs right now and there is no way I'm choosing infantry as a possible commissioning branch.
>>
>>36989067
SgtMaj pls
>>
File: 1421459093840.jpg (139 KB, 1024x942) Image search: [Google]
1421459093840.jpg
139 KB, 1024x942
Tfw the buffest marines are always the staff sergeants in supply and admin with screaming eagle haircuts and too much life in their eyes
>>
File: 11.jpg (37 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
37 KB, 1280x720
>>36989517
kek!
>>
>>36989549

or the terminal 03 lances who have been non-deployable for 2 years and have done literally nothing but work out
>>
>>36988911
is that peanut butter on your hands?
>>
>tfw lived within a 30 second walk to one of the nicest gyms in the air force
>tfw didn't start lifting till i moved off base

I would kill to have started back then. It'd be so fucking easy.
>>
>>36989600
idk what you're talking about, but probably
>>
>>36987433
>post this shit on /k/, gets told to go to /fit/ and read the sticky
>post the same shit here

what did you expect ?
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.