[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/izens, is there a smart watch that you guys rate and think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
/fit/izens, is there a smart watch that you guys rate and think worth having? Or is it all a con to make average people think they are healthy?

I'm personally going to be cycling and swimming, with the odd run thrown in. Worth getting one?
>>
>>36981986
These do nothing your phone won't do.

The only useful thing is they give you the information faster. If you think that is worth literally hundreds of dollars instead of taking a few seconds longer to open the app on your phone for free, then go for it.
>>
Pointless. Not even actually accurate and in most cases extremely inaccurate.
>>
>>36982044
Can't take a phone swimming though.

>>36982045
Not accurate enough for a professional sure, but the average guy?
>>
I got the Surge as a gift and the only thing I like is that I can read incoming texts on it.
>>
>>36982137
Looks good. The problem I have is that it doesn't track swimming which is my go to exercise.

I'm just doing cardio, no gym/lifting for me.
>>
>>36981986

Jawbone Up is amazing for sleep.
>>
>>36981986
What happened to just looking up online how many calories you use per minor hour doing whatever exercise? There's dozens of site that offer this info. I'd just look up swimming, some even have specific strokes and speeds, enter how long, then there you go. You can check multiple sites to get a feel for a range.

Probably just as accurate as these, since they also need some kind of equation to evaulate calories used as they aren't measuring you actual output. Much cheaper too. Just need an Internet connection, computer, and a keyboard - which most people have already anyway or can access for free at s library or friends house.
>>
>>36981986
I've got a charge. Like how it tracks sleep and can be used as an extra alarm in the morning
>>
>>36981986
I bought Tomtom Spark only because I hate chest straps. It works pretty well but it's too expensive for what it offers. It's nice for tracking your progress and helps you train but if you're serious and want to measure stuff like vo2 max then forget about it.
>>
>>36981986
Fitbit Charge HR owner here. I'd rate the product 3/5.

Best and worst feature of the Charge HR is the heart rate monitor. It is very accurate for getting your resting heart rate, but it damn near doesn't work when your exercising. After reading the FAQ, and countless complaints online it wasn't just my device. The problem is because of the way the HR is calculated, it uses lasers and an algorithm. Well, when you lift weights your forearms get engorged with blood and it can't get a HR for shit. Works great for running and other cardio faggotry.

Sleep tracker is a good tool.
Has a pedometer which uses your arm swing.
Gives you an estimate of how far you've walked/ran by using your height and pedometer results.
Has an estimate for how many calories you've burned in the day.

Overall it's a decent tool. I don't think it would ever motivate a sedentary person to go out a run a few miles. However, you may find yourself pushing your shopping cart with one hand and pumping your off arm making sure you get all them steps
>>
>>36981986
Look into the Intel Basis. Never owned one but I know a guy that's a swimmer and he uses it while he's doing laps.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.