[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it normal to not be able to squat the bar when you first start out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 30a.jpg (59 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
30a.jpg
59 KB, 600x450
Is it normal to not be able to squat the bar when you first start out
>>
Not at all, it's probably a form or mobility issue. Try squatting with your arms in front of you till you get it right.
>>
>>36981943
my PT said the form was great, and just told me to squat as deep as I could go without losing form but I couldnt go very far. Guess I just have to keep trying till it happens. Thanks anon.
>>
>>36981937
Pls be in eastern yurope.
>>
>>36981937
No. If your form is right you should be able to squat a measly 20kg. Give up now if you can't. You do that kinda shit in everyday lift
>>
>>36981937
Normal as in average ?
Probably not.

However that doesn't change a thing, everyone had their little hurdles in on their way,
Improve your forms and repeat till you you get it.
>>
>>36981937
Only if by 'first start out' you mean 'first start out of the womb', then yeah.
>>
>>36981937
I'm a pretty weak kid, and in my first time at weighted squatting the other day I squatted 30kg (bar is 20kg) pretty fine. After about 7 reps it started to burn a ton so I tried pushing myself to 12.

I think its just because I decently strong legs though. I used to do a lot of rugby when I was younger, and have done a lot of walking and swimming for ages so..maybe thats it.

Dw bruh doing lighter weights is okay...I did chest for the first time the other day and failed doing incline 7kg dumbbell press cuz my left arm gave way (wank imbalance)
>>
>>36981937
I vaguely remember the first time we lifted weights in high school, we were all testing maxes. Essentially, we were all exposing our genetic potential at the ripe age of 13. I, could barely bench over bw at the time, 165lbs. No kid did over 200, but some did go over 165.

But when we got to the squat, thats when I knew. I knew that some of us are just born superior to others. And some of us inferior. I could barely squat 185, heavy as shit for me. But there were some kids squatting 2plates, you know, the lineman types. Some were squatting, close to 315, albeit not with the best form. I'm sitting here skinny, with minimal muscle on my bones amazed at how they can squat so much in the same condition. They were squatting my deadlift max. But at the time I didn't feel adoration, I just saw. The glasses in which I viewed the world through were still shaded with a reflection of myself, and so, even though I saw the impressive feats and true potential of genetic superiority, I could only truly focus on my own development and how I was still better than someone else. Ignoring the superior and focusing on who was inferior to me.
>>
>>36981937
maybe if you're really fyat and have a lot of bw in addition, otherwise nah, 20 kilos isn't much at all, and you should be able to pull that off
>>
>>36982277
>traumatized by not being the strongest 13-year old around
>>
>>36982277
>not squatting 3pl8 t 13
>making it

PICK ONE
>>
>>36982326
>traumatized
No, I was just being funny. Mocking OP to show that it doesnt matter how much you squat.
>>
>>36981937
wtf are you a bird?
>>
no its not normal, but that only means u need to work harder
>>
>>36982335
>justifying yourself to faggots on an anime imageboard
>>
>>36982368
I thought this as well.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.