[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's put memes aside for a second. How good would crossfit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 253.gif (1 MB, 314x314) Image search: [Google]
253.gif
1 MB, 314x314
Let's put memes aside for a second.
How good would crossfit be if I want to make friends? I've been going to the gym for over a year and besides a couple of guys I talk to when I work in with them I'm still lonely as fuck. Never grabbed a beer with any of them out of the gym or anything.
There's a couple of crossfit guys who come to the gym and they're always together working in groups of 4 or 5, that looks fun. Getting to talk to a woman more frequently than once a year would be great too, and women in the weight room and non existent.
I don't care about how inefficient it is or how likely I am to snap my shit, and I know it's blown out of proportion anyway.
Any anon who does crossfit wants to share his experience with me?
>>
>>36981587
I used to go to a crossfit gym. You get to do a lot of pair work, so that helps. Of course every crossfit gym does things differently so it might not be certain that this will happen. Probably like 90% of a lot of group work, either in 2's or 3's.
>>
>>36981587
>How good would crossfit be if I want to make friends?

Do you really want to make friends with crossfit people? Think about that.
>>
>>36981629
/thread
>>
>>36981587
Crosshitters aren't as bad as some would have you believe. They're mostly just ultra-casual fitness normies. If you can stand listening to them talk about how they want to get toned for the summer, go ahead.
>>
If you are such a retard that you can't make friends then how do you think doing cross fit is going to change that. You will just be the weird loner who does cross fit.
>>
>>36981587

Boxing is better I'd say, most people I met at the boxing gym are super friendly
>>
>>36981587
a friend of mine left the gym because he wanted to lose fat (we're talking about something like 15-20kg here, dudes was straight up fat), and thought the cardio would help, without making him weak like a jogger.
They turned him into an even bigger olympic weightlifting buff. dude has become fucking beastly.
So I guess it could be good for your gains. OW doesn't hurt, if you don't get carried away. also it's worth to mention that he refuses to do shitty pullups, he always goes slow from a deadhang, and the coaches respect that.

As a martial artists that supplements with a home gym, and I find many of their exercises to be very effective.
>>
>>36981717
true, but getting punched in the face regularly is intimidating to a lot of people.
>>
NOT EVEN ONCE
O
T

E
V
E
N

O
N
C
E
>>
File: 1453674630780.jpg (71 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1453674630780.jpg
71 KB, 700x700
>>36981587

I'm a weightlifter and I joined a crossfit gym to meet /fit/ grills.

Seriously if you want to fuck the kind of girls you see in the fit girl threads on here this is the best way to do it.

Some of the guys are pretty cool but they only really talk about crossfit and don't have much conversation range outside of training, which is fine but not the best friend material because you get bored after a while and end up not wanting to speak to them outside of the gym.
>>
>>36981817
then go join a BJJ school if you're afraid of getting punched, fag
>>
>>36981717
There's a nice kickboxing gym near me that I wanted to attend at some point. I guess it would work as well but I don't want to stop working out and I don't think I could do both seriously.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.