[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stick fightan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: le canne.jpg (49 KB, 510x382) Image search: [Google]
le canne.jpg
49 KB, 510x382
not entirely sure if /fit/ is the right board for this, but a pal and I are taking up stick fighting/fencing, but are not sure what to look for in the way of sticks. Is it worth it to spring for something for competition even if we mostly are just doing it for recreation/self-defense or are we fine just sticking with strong wooden broom sticks.
>>
>>>/k/
>>
>>36981166
sticks are not weapons

sticks are not /k/ material
>>
>>36981185

besides, stick fighting refers to different martial arts
>>
>>36980909
Checkout the Alternative Sports board, they know all about that kind of shit.
>>
>>36980909
>Not LARP'ing
>Not getting /fit/ and dominating weak skellies with your superior, aryan build
>Not B'ing the F O of weebsters by claiming your character represents the medieval noble-class and promptly wrecking in their edgy4u samurai personas because you're literally a foot taller than them and have about 30 pounds of muscle to your advantage
>Not getting mires from weird, kind of qt Larper girl who doesn't really know what to do with her hands when she's just sort of standing there
>Seriously, just put them in your pockets or something, don't just hold them up like little chipmunk paws or something; you're not an animals, get out of here

/fit/ was born for nerd endeavors.
>>
>>36981244

thanks
>>
>>36980909
Just find a trainer and do Escrima, faggot. Check nearby Brazzilian drug dealer.
>>
>>36980909
I do Fillipino Martial arts and HEMA myself. /asp/ is where you want to be. I'd welcome a stickfighting thread for sure.

My shoulders are killing me after 2 hours of Sinawali's yesterday.
>>
oh forgot to answer your question. What you want are Rattan sticks to train with but something much light for sparring without gloves. I find a broom handle sawed down works fine but I'm used to hard hits.

For hard sparring most people would use special foam sticks with a thin stick spine.
>>
>>36981244
last time I was there literally 100% of the threads were dedicated to fukcing TV wrestling
>>
>fighting with sticks
Staff is much superior.

Both the chinese flexible (your heigths length) and heavy metal chinese war staff (for muscle training, since you`d kill someone trying to spar with one).
>>
File: PKT_Stick_fist_closeup.jpg (208 KB, 1000x504) Image search: [Google]
PKT_Stick_fist_closeup.jpg
208 KB, 1000x504
>>36982393
More like 85%. Otherwise unfortunately that's very true but you just have to use the catalog.

Terrible shame a year or two ago /asp/ was one of the best boards albeit one of the slowest.

Oh well.
>>
>>36980909

Why not fight with swords instead of sticks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GefATRWCNIU
>>
>>36982421
>one of the best boards albeit one of the slowest.
These thing tend to go hand in hand. Not that low population boards are automatically good, but the more popular they get, usually the shittier they get.
>>
>>36982537

There is a kind of advantage to sticks/staves over swords in that pretty much every side of the stick can be used to attack with.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.