[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know I'll get flamed for this and everything but here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
I know I'll get flamed for this and everything but here it goes:

I 100% want to be a Navy SEAL. What sort of workout plan should I look into doing? Nutrition? I legitimately need your help, /fit/.
>>
>>36976544
Read "The Complete Guide to Navy Seal Fitness" by Stuart Smith
>>
>>36976544
Its about functional strength aka compound lifts. Plus great endurance so lots of running and swimming.
>>
Stay in school, bud. Don't throw your life away.
>>
>Wants to be SEAL
>goes to Taiwanese dildo making message board

Yeah anon, don't think you have what it takes.
>>
>>36976587
>bud
...s?
>>
>>36976587
>cringe
>>
>>36976585
>falling for the functional strength meme
>>
>>36976544
Build tolerance to cold water, sleep deprevation, sand abrasion, and high rep moderate intensity work.

Read shit here:
http://www.socnet.com/

Read. Not post.
>>
>>36976544
fuckloads of cardio
compounds
fuckloads of pull-ups
>>
>>36976587
>wants to follow his dream
>throwing his life away
>>
>>36976606
>cringe again
>>
>>36976544
You want to spend 99% of your time sitting on your ass waiting for the superhero shit to come down for you? No? Just want to shoot people? Join the Marines or Army infantry.

Air Force PJs are better, anyway.
>>
>>36976626
>joining the military during wartime
>not throwing your life away

pick one, kiddo
>>
>>36976544
Fuckload of cardio
>>
>>36976587
Fuck that. You realise without a military you probably wouldn't be alive, right?

Its a necessary evil.
>>
>>36976544
this is what naval special warfare reccomends to people who want to join them. read the whole thing.

http://www.sealswcc.com/PDF/naval-special-warfare-physical-training-guide.pdf

enjoy.
>>
and more:

http://www.sealswcc.com/seal-default.html

lots of information. check it out.
>>
>>36976544
Go for it. Ain't nothing wrong with wanting to be a commando. Good luck to you
>>
File: 1457716025143.png (495 KB, 839x2000) Image search: [Google]
1457716025143.png
495 KB, 839x2000
>>36976544

You're welcome, buddy.
>>
>>36978426
I Fucking love you, thank you.
>>
>>36976573
Fucking this. Stew Smith is based as fuck. Former SEAL, and CSCS.
>>
>>36976643
wow your so fucking mature, I bet you really know a lot about war and stuff since you are so smart. KILL YOURSELF
>>
>>36976573
This is the only real answer.
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 236x249) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 236x249
>flamed
>>
>>36978239
Yeah sure, Irak definitely wanted to invade the US. Faggot...
>>
>>36978981
Not even talking about that moron. If we didn't have a military we would have been invaded long before now.
>>
okay former navy seal here. get real about your fitness. if you want to be able to join the navy seals you want to be strong and be jacked as fuck but be able to do a lot of volume.

i was a navy SEAL... did a lot of shit man, went on a lot of missions, but the whole time retained my strength. I ate well, and trained hard on the days that I wasn't out on missions.

in our gym on base I struck to a simple routine in the weightroom and thats how I maintained being in shape as a navy seal. I started following this routine 6 months prior to going to to BUDs and I was very ready for what I was about to accomplish. I followed a simple PPL(push pull legs) routine that you can find here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

good luck soldier
>>
>>36976598
>this guy
>>
>>36979025
Pls give fake stories.
>>
>>36979025
>soldier
You mean sailor, right?
>>
>>36979085
yeah, all that and he blew it in the final line.
>>
>>36979066
forgive me
>>
>>36976544
Don't do it. Go to ranger school or marine recon or special forces. Anything but seals. They literally set you up to fail because when you sign up to try it and fail they get to throw you wherever they want so if you're lucky you'll spend three years as a janitor. But most likely you'll become EOD
>>
>>36979202
Which is bad why?
>>
>>36979202
navy eod is almost entirely sof support these days. sounds like a pretty good second place.
>>
>>36979085
yeah just been beating my wife sorry mistype
>>36979083
>this book
>>
>>36976544
>I want to be a navy SEAL

what did you just fucking say to me, you little shit?
>>
>>36976544
SWIM
RUN
PUSHUPS
MORE OF ALL OF THOSE

AND THEN WHEN YOU'RE DONE

MORE OF ALL OF THOSE

There's no advanced regimen that you can follow that will make you cut it, it's about conditioning yourself to go and go and go and go and go

just take every day like "I'm going to do this until I throw up then breathe for a minute then keep going until I pass out" If you can do that you have a good chance at cutting it.
>>
>>36979855
You Fucked it up. Come on man.
>>
>>36976544
it's better to ask this in /k/ anon-kun.
>>
>>36976544
Every now and then someone asks something like this on /k/. There was a trip on /k/ named RickyRecon who used to be in the rangers, if I remember correctly, and he worked with CAG type guys. He said they fell into two categories: the cardio "ultra-marathon" guys, and the gym rats. Either one was fit as hell regardless but mental fortitude, ability and intelligence played just as much of a role.
>>
>>36976630
usmc infantry here, aint shootin shit.

>lolpeacetime

>>36979202
recon doesn't do shit, they're glorified infantry like scout snipers are. best option is to go 03xx and try for A&S after first deployment.
>>
>>36980160
>recon doesn't do shit, they're glorified infantry like scout snipers are
How would you know that, since you are neither recon or SS?

>best option is to go 03xx and try for A&S after first deployment
Have you done this? If you haven't, how do you know this and why are you recommending this?
>>
>>36979855
>>36979944
yeah get your shit together

/r/ing angry navy seal pasta
>>
>>36976544
Do some serious soul searching man. If this is something you know you want and can obtain then never quit. Wannabe PJ here.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.