[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got skinnyfat despite following diet advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
I've always been a slender guy. Not skinnyfat, really slender.

One summer I decided to work out. The motivation was intrinsic: I wanted my body to feel like a man's body.

I strictly followed the workout schedules for 3-4 weeks. Basic exercises. As for the diet, I ate lots of eggs, as well as rice and meat. I also drank protein cocktails.

I often had to force myself to eat to reach my daily dosis of 500 calories. I had to force myself to eat a lot before, after and even during workout - to ensure i had the energy to pull through, because the amount i would eat naturally was much, much lower.

Overall, workout was still a fun thing to do, so I stayed motivated for over a month.

My motivation dropped to zero instantly after visiting my relatives. They said I got fatter. Not fitter, fatter. They also said I should probably start to do sports, not knowing I did exactly that.

I actually noticed that my thighs and buttocks really added some junk. As a skinny woman, I would be happy - as a previously skinny man, I was really disappointed and ceased to do the schedule instantly.

Currently, I'm discarding the weight I added. Thankfully, that's an easy thing to do if you were skinny to begin with.

But my dreams of a fit body have been crushed, I feel like I simply wasn't born to have one. It also seems that the slight face fat I added is a lot harder to lose.

All my male relatives were notably skinny as young men, with straw arms and legs and protruding cheekbones. Genetically, I'm not build to produce muscle and envious of the guys that are.

What mistakes could I've been making?
>>
>>36972827

setting your expectations too high for a summer.

You can't assume that because you decide to put effort into something that you'll bust out exactly those results in a short period of time.
>>
>>36972827
Go do a cycle and realize how wrong you are.
>>
File: 1446846542588.jpg (33 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1446846542588.jpg
33 KB, 600x600
>>
>>36972845
I knew that, I never expected gains in a month.

The issue is that I busted out the exactly opposite results.
>>
>>36972827
Who the fuck cares man, as long as you get stronger. Or were you lifting to attract girls?
>>
>>36972827
relatives always tell me I got fatter, they're just fucking with you man
>>
>>36975024
Nah, as I said, I wanted to feel like a man.

Bigger thighs and buttocks don't really help to achieve that.

As for "getting stronger", of course I didn't make significant gains in the first month as a slim guy. I never expected that.
>>
>>36972827
bulking cutting myth claims another
>>
You can burn fat and gain muscle at the same time, maintain positive nitrogen balance throughout the day, be in a caloric deficit, train - dont overtrain and get enough rest. Thats all there is to building muscle. Looks like you trained but ended up eating too many calories and you body gained fat.
>>
File: 20160311_172852.jpg (1 MB, 1034x1801) Image search: [Google]
20160311_172852.jpg
1 MB, 1034x1801
>>36975129
I agree, my relatives always say I'm getting fatter.. They can't usually tell the difference between just fat and fat+muscle

I gained like 15lbs and pic related is what they called me getting fat.. I'm not lean but I clearly gained mostly muscle during that bulk
>>
>>36975753
wear better fitting clothes i guess, chances are theyre retarded
>>
>>36975753

> I clearly gained mostly muscle during that bulk

Dude.
You gained mass.
They concluded it was fat.
You know it's muscle.
Who gives a shit?
You can see you've made progress.
Don't stop.
When your arms are bigger, you can BTFO of them.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.