[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do I do this exercise with proper form? Barbell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 400x257) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 400x257
How the fuck do I do this exercise with proper form? Barbell rows are only exercise where no matter what I do I feel like a retarded stick insect. I'm 6'4 if height matters here.
>>
Bed knees slightly. Don't bend over; stick your glutes out as if you were doing a good morning. Keep a straight back. You should feel no tension on your back and have your legs support your weight. Pull weight using your back muscles, chest, and biceps, not by rolling your shoulders/traps.
>>
Watch the Glen pendlay video on rows. I got a 6'4 friend who got to around 195 pounds with perfect form but decided to do power cleans instead afterward.

So no, height does not matter for this lift.
>>
>>36967045
I hate this goddamn exercise... "dont round your back... oh and look at fucking Arnyie right there.. like an impression of the letter C trying to fuck a barbell.
>>
>>36967170
His back isn't rounded. His spine is straight. His arms and shoulders are towards the floor which give it that impression. Learning your muscular anatomy should be a priority if you want to lift and not die.
>>
I do T bar rows cause there's never any free barbells at my gym
>>
>>36967183
bullshit, that fucker could bend his knees more and open up his hips more. Pretend like he is taking that sausage from the hulk.
>>
>>36967392
It's not about keeping your back parallel to the floor. It's about keep your spine taut and free of strain. You're essentially holding a partial squat.
>>
just do it seated, problem solved
>>
>>36967183
His lumbar spine is not neutral, you idiot
>>
>>36968225
retard
>>
>>36967045
Probably just a combination of flexability and too much weight senpai. Take a bit of weight off and work on posterior chain flexability and strength to support the movement
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.