[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Iron in the Kitchen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Cast Iron.jpg (387 KB, 840x600) Image search: [Google]
Cast Iron.jpg
387 KB, 840x600
Iron in the gym to break you down, iron in the kitchen to build back up. Cooking in cast iron is the ultimate gains-goblin repellent. Here's what I've done today:

>3 scrambled eggs at 5:00am, then gym.
>Come home for lunch, sear chicken breast with sauteed mushrooms, peppers, and tomatoes.
>T-Bone steak for dinner. I introduce it to the pan for 2 minutes per side and rest it 5 mins, then eat with baked sweet potatoes and veg.

I love it. I will always love it. My son will love it, and long after I'm dead he will still be using it to pass on the gains.
>>
>>36966814
Love my skillet. Throw shit in, get delicious food out.

Pop it in the oven, make a hash. Best fifty bucks I ever spent.
>>
I love my cast iron.

but eggs? doesn't it stick horribly? That's the one thing I prefer to cook in a non-stick.
>>
amen OP, cast irons are undefeated
>>
File: Eggs n peppers.jpg (93 KB, 824x549) Image search: [Google]
Eggs n peppers.jpg
93 KB, 824x549
>>36966856
Give this a shot:

>Heat skillet til it's smoking.
>Toss in a thumbprint of butter.
>Roll it all around the skillet to cover the bottom.
>Dump in your eggs, however you like them.

Shouldn't stick at all if you've been consistent with seasoning your iron. I can't wait to make eggs tomorrow and eat it with a piece of 9-grain homemade bread before hitting the gym.

Goddamnit I love my cast iron.
>>
>>36966921
Can I cook eggs in a wok? im a chinafag and this shit just doesnt work
>>
>>36966921
Do this if you like the taste of burnt butter
>>
>>36966814

And how is this relevant to gaining? It's a buyitforlife thing at best but has nothing to do with gains.

And Cast Iron is a bitch to clean. Though they'll be great for use as babbys first weights.
>>
>>36967263

Sure. Though at that point get some noodles or rice, throw in the eggs, veggies etc and just stirfry it.

Add meat separately, haven't had much success with eggs+meat and everything at once..
>>
>>36966814
Why is it a gains goblin repellent?
>>
>>36966814
Today OP wasn't a fag, but now I want to cook up some chicken
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.